TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #61
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

This thread has already lasted longer than the show.

I feel a bit bad for the star. Two fairly decent projects dead in the water. No luck since Rescue Me.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #62
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
This thread has already lasted longer than the show.

MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #63
newsposter
Poster of News

they even filmed part at the allentown airport and i guess ill never get to see it

Shooting the week of Jan. 7, 2013 in Allentown, PA.

Seeking—Adult Background: males & females, 18-65, all ethnicities. Children males & females, 9-16, all ethnicities, all types. Union & Non-Union submissions accepted. Casting dir. notes: "must live within 30min drive from Lehigh Valley Airport."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #64
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
they even filmed part at the allentown airport and i guess ill never get to see it
One of the show's stars tweeted that they may burn off the episodes during the summer. It's not as if they have anything better to air on Saturday nights at 10...well, except for instant repeats of America's Got Talent.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #65
newsposter
Poster of News

hope they get rid of howard this year

and i want springer back

!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #66
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polcamilla View Post
What I took away from her big revelation was that instead of tearing of her clothes and sating his overwhelming lust, he tore off her clothes, then laughed at her naked and did NOTHING else.

This makes both of them appear incredibly shallow. I know it wasn't meant to be funny, but it sure made me laugh.
I'm not sure I follow why it makes her "very shallow". He is Mr. Hyde, so almost by definition he's shallow.

First, if he'd really raped her then no doubt he'd be in jail: she doesn't strike me as the type of person to just let that go as "boys will be boys", or think it was her own fault or any such nonsense. So any REAL physical abuse would have to be off the table.

And she wasn't really scared of him (at least not the next day): she was furious with him. She meets a guy who acts really nice, then he gets her to come out to an out of the way motel with some kind of story, then gets very aggressive (which probably freaks her out) and when she declines he makes fun of her. I think it's an entirely natural reaction that, the next day when she isn't feeling vulnerable, she'd be furious with him and think he's a major *sshole. How is that shallow?
Old 02-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #67
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Just when I was going to get a round tuit to watch on demand. I wonder if it'll disappear from VoD.
I watched episode one of Do No Harm on VoD yesterday. Both episodes are there.

My take is that maybe I must be a cynic with series these days when I can see the transparent charters and how they're setting up future plots.

Felicia da boss is willing to let a brain surgeon make it up as he goes along so the hospital can get some notoriety? Suuuurre.

Worse, Doc enters surgery, with, "OK, what are we doing?" As a patient I would hope that Doc did some homework before grabbing the knife.

We have Doctor Frank Burns to nay say at every turn and be the risk of exposing Doc's problem.

And then Doc allows, no, ARRANGES, that evil twin Ian will happily charge into surgery and start to cut the guy's head open.

Poor Samm Levine didn't have chance to do anything other than be a toadie. The way it goes for him. He was in Inglorious Bastards but never got a line.

I'll watch the second episode, but I think if this one hadn't been cancelled I would have bailed like I did on Revolution.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #68
newsposter
Poster of News

do actors still get paid if the series is canceled, i assume yes because no one would have any money! has to be one heck of a loss for the company though

!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #69
zalusky

Probably all depends on the contract but I would assume if they got an order to show 13 and then only shown 2 they still get paid for all 13. The advantage to them is they are released from their contract early and can look for work whereas normally they would have to wait till May or whenever to see if they are picked up for another season.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #70
sharkster

I watched both episodes and it was ok, I guess, but I couldn't see it long term either. I didn't even notice that there were no more eps coming up until I read that it was cancelled after E02. Oh well - another one down.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #71
mattack

Yeah, I think some people have gotten pay or play contracts.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #72
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

These shows need one ingredient above all others: actors who can sell the character as being sympathetic. The Americans is doing it. Homeland did it. Do No Harm and Revolution didn't.
UVerse and OTA

Old 04-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #73
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

According to Futon, is set to return Saturday June 29th.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #74
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

thanks for the heads up tivo guy. i wasn't a big fan of the show, but had watched both episodes that originally aired, and might check out the remaining episodes to see where it was headed (other than the waste basket!).

the article says they will "burn off" what's left saturday nights at 10/9c.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #75
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
thanks for the heads up tivo guy. i wasn't a big fan of the show, but had watched both episodes that originally aired, and might check out the remaining episodes to see where it was headed (other than the waste basket!).

the article says they will "burn off" what's left saturday nights at 10/9c.
Whoever may be interested, I see this showing up in the guide beginning this Saturday, June 29th. Looks like the burn off is starting.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #76
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Whoever may be interested, I see this showing up in the guide beginning this Saturday, June 29th. Looks like the burn off is starting.
Yep. Tonight. I'll guess I'll put the SP back.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Samm.jpg (74.1 KB, 65 views)
UVerse and OTA

Old 07-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #77
mattack

That's funny.. I have been listening to the Doug Loves Movies podcast, and he shows up on one and the plug the premiere of the show!
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote