TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
jhjones75

pyHME

I've been fighting this for a while so thought I'd post it out there to see what I'm missing. It seems really simple but I can't figure it out.

I've got Win 7 64bit. 32 bit version of Python 2.6, 32 bit version of Python Image Library.

I've had pyTivo up and running for a while and everything works great there.

Trying to get pyHME going so that I can use Vidmgr. I've got pyHME copied and downloaed to c:\pytivo\pyhme. My pyHME config.ini file:

[hmeserver]
datapath=c:\
apps=clock vidmgr animate

I'm doing all this from the cli. I've tried running both with and without the config file in place. When it's up and running I can telnet to localhost on port 9042. I've also tried with the Windows Firewall disabled.

The problem is that when I go into the Tivo's (XL4 Elite and Premiere XL) they don't see the HME in the Showcase/Video section. I've tried about a million different things and just can't get it.

I've also got vidmgr2 downloaded but since HME isn't working I'm not yet at the point of trying to test it. According to the latest help files the tivos section needs to go into the vidmgr config file so I've removed it from the hme config.ini (tried it both with and without).

Output from the CLI:

C:\pytivo\pyhme>start.py
HME Server for Python 0.20
Fri Oct 19 20:40:44 2012 PyTivo Video Manager version 2.1b module initializing
Cache file does not exist - no thumbnails loaded
Fri Oct 19 20:40:44 2012 Server Starts
Registering: animate
Registering: clock
Registering: vidmgr

Feel like I'm missing something simple. Any ideas?
jhjones75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
jhjones75

So I take part of that back. The share is showing on the Premiere, just not the Elite/XL4
Old 10-20-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
jhjones75

After further digging it looks like video transfers and everything else with vidmgr/hme works as expected on my Premiere, which is not my primary Tivo.

Nothing works and hme does not show on the Elite, even when trying to manually add it via IP. This tells me my configs should be correct. Any help?
Old 10-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
jhjones75

Well apparently the Elite is just really slow. I left it up overnight and it finally picked it up. It'd be nice to know how to force it to do the connection since I normally don't leave pytivo up and running all the time, but I guess it technically works.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

The server has to run on port 80 for "Manually add..." to work. This is not the default configuration.

The Elite is not slow. You could try rebooting it. You might have a network connectivity problem. What I see on my Premiere, though, is that the standard HME discovery system really only works properly in the SDUI. In the HDUI, nothing happens when I start the server, and nothing happens when I stop it. In the SDUI, apps appear and disappear immediately (and stay that way when I switch back to the HDUI).

Also, I made some changes recently (currently in the git repository, but not yet in a released version) to add the old-style (non-Zeroconf) beacon system as an option. It probably won't make a difference for you, though (it doesn't for me).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
jhjones75

Thanks, McBrine. It really only seems to do it with my Elite. My regular premiere seems to be picking up changes immediately. If I keep it running all the time then I obviously don't have problems. It just sucked when I was trying to initially set it up cause I thought I was troubleshooting a whole different problem
Old 10-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #7
ohmyjosh

Driving me crazy...

I'm having the same issue. Running pytivo for a long time. Wanted to play with the Vidmgr app but have to get pyHME working first, and though I follow the directions over and over and try different things, I simply can't get any of the apps to show up on my Premiere. There honestly don't seem to be many places online offering help in this area, so I'm hoping someone here can tell me the one thing I'm doing stupidly (or the many) and set me in the right direction.

Also Win 7 64 bit.

Thank you!

[quote=jhjones75;9338363]I've been fighting this for a while so thought I'd post it out there to see what I'm missing. It seems really simple but I can't figure it out.

I've got Win 7 64bit. 32 bit version of Python 2.6, 32 bit version of Python Image Library.

I've had pyTivo up and running for a while and everything works great there.

Trying to get pyHME going so that I can use Vidmgr. I've got pyHME copied and downloaed to c:\pytivo\pyhme. My pyHME config.ini file:

[hmeserver]
datapath=c:\
apps=clock vidmgr animate
ohmyjosh is offline   Reply With Quote