TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #151
danielhart
Daniel 2.0 Stable
 
danielhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
100% agree, gb
Christina: "You remind me of me and I am awesome so that makes you awesome"
danielhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #152
pmyers
Registered User
 
pmyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,039
Wow...what a finale! Those were some big starts they got, all on 1 episode.

Interesting that next season Usher and Shakira are back. I really enjoyed Usher, but Shakira was useless (other than to look at occasionally).
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #153
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 5,445
I'm glad this season is over. Looking forward to Usher and Shakira.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #154
nyny523
Oy
 
nyny523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Yawk
Posts: 26,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Wow...what a finale! Those were some big starts they got, all on 1 episode.

Interesting that next season Usher and Shakira are back. I really enjoyed Usher, but Shakira was useless (other than to look at occasionally).
I like Shakira MUCH more than Christina!

I enjoy the Usher/Shakira duo a lot more than the Christina/Ceelo duo.

Looking forward to next season!
__________________
LET'S GO METS!!!
nyny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #155
pmyers
Registered User
 
pmyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,039
I like Usher WAY better than Ceelo (I like him but I think he's useless on the show) but I like Xtina better than Shakira...which isn't saying a lot.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #156
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious
 
Maui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Decatur, IL
Posts: 12,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I like Usher WAY better than Ceelo (I like him but I think he's useless on the show) but I like Xtina better than Shakira...which isn't saying a lot.
I think you may be one of the few.
__________________
Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #157
Jayjoans
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 874
My sister was at the taping a couple of week ago, she said that Cee lo is virtually ignored by the other coaches. She said between songs and setups they were mostly on their smartphones, but Adam's fiancee was usually on his lap along with his smartphone. The others bantered here and there and visited each other's chair, but nobody gave Cee lo the time of day.

I believe his days are numbered on the show (and hopefully in general), he's got very little talent, doesn't add anything, can't coach, and now features legal trouble not in keeping with the show's purported family friendliness.
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #158
tem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,651
Glad that Tessanne won. I figured Jackée had it in the bag with the teen vote.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #159
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,239
TC CLUB MEMBER
I've deleted the show already, but in one of the earlier "call back" songs on the finale, did James sing some line containing the MFer word? I played it back a couple of times and I think they just dropped the sound when he got to that word, but I caught it because the closed captioning spelled it out plain as day! Really caught me off guard.

And if they were doing a number that does contain that, wouldn't they have avoided actually saying that somehow (replaced it with another word or something?)?

I found myself watching the final performance and results shows and not really caring about any of the three.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #160
Philosofy
Super Duper Member
 
Philosofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Crown Point, IN USA
Posts: 6,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I've deleted the show already, but in one of the earlier "call back" songs on the finale, did James sing some line containing the MFer word? I played it back a couple of times and I think they just dropped the sound when he got to that word, but I caught it because the closed captioning spelled it out plain as day! Really caught me off guard.

And if they were doing a number that does contain that, wouldn't they have avoided actually saying that somehow (replaced it with another word or something?)?

I found myself watching the final performance and results shows and not really caring about any of the three.
I think you're referring to the part where James screwed up. It was in Bohemian Rhapsody. He missed his part, and recovered by only singing the last syllable of the words.
__________________
"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."
Philosofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #161
Fahtrim
Registered User
 
Fahtrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Wow...what a finale! Those were some big starts they got, all on 1 episode.

Interesting that next season Usher and Shakira are back. I really enjoyed Usher, but Shakira was useless (other than to look at occasionally).
Completely disagree. Shakira is sweet and funny and I actually looked forward to her. Christina is just a ......................


ugh

And Cee Lo, he's nuttier than a Planter's factory.

So looking forward to Shakira and Usher and hopefully they stick with them and are done with "Queen" Xtina and Nutcase Clo
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #162
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,239
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosofy View Post
I think you're referring to the part where James screwed up. It was in Bohemian Rhapsody. He missed his part, and recovered by only singing the last syllable of the words.
Any reason the closed captioning would have used the MFer word then? I clearly saw that several times when replaying to try to figure what happened.

I'll have to see if I have it on my TiVo and check it again. I primarily use my DirecTV DVRs, and I deleted it from that.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #163
Philosofy
Super Duper Member
 
Philosofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Crown Point, IN USA
Posts: 6,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Any reason the closed captioning would have used the MFer word then? I clearly saw that several times when replaying to try to figure what happened.

I'll have to see if I have it on my TiVo and check it again. I primarily use my DirecTV DVRs, and I deleted it from that.
Maybe we are talking about two separate things. And regarding Christina, does anyone else think she may have been the inspiration for the charectar Juliet Barnes from the tv show Nashville?
__________________
"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."
Philosofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #164
danielhart
Daniel 2.0 Stable
 
danielhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Any reason the closed captioning would have used the MFer word then? I clearly saw that several times when replaying to try to figure what happened.

I'll have to see if I have it on my TiVo and check it again. I primarily use my DirecTV DVRs, and I deleted it from that.
nothing shows up on a google search
danielhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #165
LlamaLarry
Registered User
 
LlamaLarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,668
Captions definitely said "Mother F****r" in the clear at one point. Definitely surprised me on primetime network TV.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #166
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1
 
LoadStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 29,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaLarry View Post
Captions definitely said "Mother F****r" in the clear at one point. Definitely surprised me on primetime network TV.
Yes, they did, during "Tonight Is The Night." The lyrics in the captioning read "if I got one chance, Motherf***er, ima make y'all dance." Uncensored, of course.

They didn't actually sing that, however.... Nic sang "if I got one chance, unh, ima make y'all dance."

The captioner clearly was given the original lyrics to the song and just dumped them in without reviewing them.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |