TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Gossip Girl -- Series Finale (SPOILER, of course!)

Not sure if anyone is still watching, but I am. Last night was the last episode!! It's over. Of course, as many hoped, Kristin Bell WAS in the final episode. But not in the role people thought. Good ol' Dan "Lonely Boy" Humphrey is/was Gossip Girl.

Not totally sure how that works. The series opens with Serena being spotted as she returned to New York. THey revealed that Dan was the one that spotted her and took the photo. But how did he know who she was? And wasn't Gossip Girl an already established blog/website at that point.

Some notable cameos and returns. Jenny and Eric come back for Dan's wedding to Serena. And we see Vanessa get the news. Michael Bloomberg too, showing surprise it wasn't Dorota. Kristen Bell was there, as was Rachel Bilson, playing themselves. Rufus is with Lisa Loeb! (lucky!!)

Anywho... I'll miss this show. A guilty pleasure. Everyone and everything always looked fabulous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

I hadn't watched the show at all the past two seasons, but I did watch this. I think Rufus is much better off with Lisa Loeb than with Lily. Little Henry Bass (son of Chuck and Blair) was a cute kid, but we all know he's going to grow up to be the Antichrist.

Loved the Rachel Bilson-Kristen Bell cameo. Nice to see Jenny and Eric back, at least for one line apiece.

I wonder if Dan was set from day one to be Gossip Girl, in which case it's one of the best-kept plot secrets ever on television.

And yes, everyone looked fabulous. Apparently a good wardrobe and lots of money will allow you to do all sorts of nasty things and still have a happy ending.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Sadara
huh?

I watched it from episode one right on up through the end. I took it from the explanation was that Dan was going to the same school with them long before Sarina left for boarding school and then came back. So, he knew who she was before and he started Gossip Girl before she left and returned.

I loved that they had Jenny and Eric in the finale. I wonder what that took to get him on there and away from Revenge for it. But, I'm just glad they all got their cameos on the final episode.

It was a very guilty pleasure. I'm going to miss it. I'll even miss my husband rolling his eyes whenever I would watch it!
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadara View Post
I watched it from episode one right on up through the end. I took it from the explanation was that Dan was going to the same school with them long before Sarina left for boarding school and then came back. So, he knew who she was before and he started Gossip Girl before she left and returned.

I loved that they had Jenny and Eric in the finale. I wonder what that took to get him on there and away from Revenge for it. But, I'm just glad they all got their cameos on the final episode.

It was a very guilty pleasure. I'm going to miss it. I'll even miss my husband rolling his eyes whenever I would watch it!
Hmmm...That's not the way I recall the very start. I didn't think he was attending the school until the audience first saw them going to school. But I could be wrong about that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
nyny523
Oy

I have watched the show since day one and I have to say I thought the finale sucked.

Some of the cameos were good, but that was about it.

Dan is Gossip Girl? That one must have really hurt the writer when she pulled it out of her ass...
Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
Polcamilla
Still up here...

TC CLUB MEMBER
Wait...whut??

What am I going to watch now when there's nothing on that I care about?

Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - video card failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - hard drive failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - misreporting drive space, exchanged approved, REVIVED!! (Thank you,TiVoCommunity!), fried modem
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - loose screw and noisy fan
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - returned because it was too noisy for a bedroom

....and still part of the
TiVolution!
Polcamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
marrone
Phased Member

I too was under the impression that Dan started at the school at the beginning of the series. His narration of "how he did it", though, pretty much says otherwise. He learned the lingo of the snobs just by observation, and started GG early on, but if he lived in Brooklyn, how would he have been around them before he went to the school?

I'm sure there are other holes in the story as well (although the writers did say we could have figured it out if we really tried). They might have planned it was Dan all along, but didn't put a whole lot of thought into trying to make it look that way. In fact, I thought I read a few years back that they didn't even plan on revealing GG, but then succumbed to public pressure.

I thought the ending couple of episodes was a bit rushed...especially with Bart.

One more thing...now that all the scandals were done with...what was Georgina still doing around? I really hated that character anyway. Everytime she left, I was hoping it was for good, but like a wart, she kept reappearing.

-Mike
Old 12-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polcamilla View Post
Wait...whut??

What am I going to watch now when there's nothing on that I care about?
"The Carrie Diaries"?

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/the-carrie-diaries/about

Old 12-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
Polcamilla
Still up here...

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
Hard to get enthused given that I've never been a Sex and the City fan.

I did like the Gossip Girl finale. It had a Belgariad ending *AND* Vizzini! Plus, I've always had a soft spot for Lonely Boy since his Do Over days.

Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - video card failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - hard drive failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - misreporting drive space, exchanged approved, REVIVED!! (Thank you,TiVoCommunity!), fried modem
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - loose screw and noisy fan
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - returned because it was too noisy for a bedroom

....and still part of the
TiVolution!
Polcamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polcamilla View Post
Hard to get enthused given that I've never been a Sex and the City fan.

I did like the Gossip Girl finale. It had a Belgariad ending *AND* Vizzini! Plus, I've always had a soft spot for Lonely Boy since his Do Over days.
I never watched Sex and the City either, but I am interested in this show because I am a sucker for any sort of teen drama/comedy AND because it's a period piece set in the mid 1980s.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #11
dylanemcgregor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
I never watched Sex and the City either, but I am interested in this show because I am a sucker for any sort of teen drama/comedy AND because it's a period piece set in the mid 1980s.
My friend who worked on Gossip Girl the last couple of years will now be working on this show. So there is that.

dylanemcgregor is online now   Reply With Quote