TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #31
Queue
UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow159 View Post
I agree so much.

I had so much excitement at the beginning of the season. There were so many directions that they could have gone. Instead we get a season in which things happen but the overall story doesn't progress.

The major thing I've had a problem with is the fact that the last time Sookie was around the Fae, the Fae attempted to drug her with the fruit, keep her in the fairy land, and attached her to prevent her escape. It also made her disappear for a year. Now she's hanging out at the fairy nightclub, making friends with all of them and not once is a little wary of them.

I just think this season's writing was not the quality it has been in the past. Hopefully next year they fix these issues and give us a great season next year.
The guy fairy was one of those rebels though. He's the one that helped Sookie and gramps escape.
Queue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #32
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
They did explain this; the nightclub Fae were the rebels who were on Sookie's side and helped her escape, and escaped with her. I agree that she seems pretty trusting... although you might say that abut all Sookie's relationships, not just with the Fae.
Yeah I struggled with the Faes as well until somebody posted in a previous thread about that small/quick conversation.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #33
Crow159
Winter is Coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
They did explain this; the nightclub Fae were the rebels who were on Sookie's side and helped her escape, and escaped with her. I agree that she seems pretty trusting... although you might say that abut all Sookie's relationships, not just with the Fae.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queue View Post
The guy fairy was one of those rebels though. He's the one that helped Sookie and gramps escape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Yeah I struggled with the Faes as well until somebody posted in a previous thread about that small/quick conversation.
I missed that. Thanks for telling me.

I still feel like this season was a bit of a letdown. Not enough to stop watching it though.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #34
ronsch

Quote:
Newlin isn't dead. He took off when he saw Russell get staked.
I think that we can discount Newlin as far as the Authority is concerned. He was just there as an offical spokesman and as Russell's boy toy. He would still be considered a "baby vamp".
Old 08-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #35
fmowry

Man I thought this season was a bunch of garbage.

As for this episode, did Sookie really need to walk around with an M16 (or whatever rifle)?

And I just don't get the hierarchy of how some vampires are stronger than others based on their age. Seems some of the guards would have easily been able to handle Jason and the non vampires.

Couldn't Tara have caught a stray wooden bullet in this episode? We were granted the wish of her death but this wasn't what I was hoping for.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #36
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

What happens if a vampire gets a splinter?

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #37
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTigerFan View Post
What happens if a vampire gets a splinter?
Nothing. Doesn't wood only hurt them if it's through the heart?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #38
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Nothing. Doesn't wood only hurt them if it's through the heart?
I believe you are correct.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #39
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Well, a splinter still might hurt...

Wood only kills them if it's through the heart.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #40
fmowry

I guess they've never missed a heart shot with a wooden bullet.

I can believe in vampires and shifters and werewolves (oh My!) but not in killing them so easily I guess.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #41
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
I guess they've never missed a heart shot with a wooden bullet...
I'm confused on the whole silver vs wood thing and how each effects them.

Obviously all of these can't be heart shots when we see a Vamp get shot and then explode (Jason with the gun, the one Alcide's dad killed with the crossbow, etc) but I don't know if they are using silver for that or wood bullets.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #42
john4200

Quote:
Obviously all of these can't be heart shots when we see a Vamp get shot and then explode (Jason with the gun, the one Alcide's dad killed with the crossbow, etc) but I don't know if they are using silver for that or wood bullets.
I think the bullets were said to be silver with a wood core (on a previous episode).

Silver bullets cannot kill a vampire -- it takes wood in the heart. I don't think a vampire can be killed with only silver, since even injected into their blood in large quantities has been shown not to kill them (but it does cause them great pain and weaken them so that they could easily be killed by beheading or wood in the heart).

I agree it is extremely unlikely that Jason would hit all those vampires in the heart on his first shot. Vampires are very fast. You can surprise them (since it takes them a second to switch into super-speed mode), but it is very unlikely that they would all be so easily surprised in a combat situation like this one.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote