TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
BiloxiGeek
Reality Challenged

Audio sync on Fox shows

Was wondering if anyone else has seen an issue with the audio getting out of sync with the video on shows recorded on Fox network? I've seen this happening with Bones and The Following on Fox (WXXV in Biloxi, Ms) over the last couple of months. I can't say if it's happening on the live broadcast cause I almost never watch anything live. So it's usually later in the evening or sometime the next day that I watch recordings. Typically the show starts off and everything is synced up and looking just fine. About 15 or 20 minutes into the show after skipping past the first and possibly the second commercial break the audio and video are out of sync by 1/2 or 1 second. I have not noticed this on any other recordings or channels. Just stuff on Fox.
| The early bird may get the worm,
| but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
BiloxiGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
stevewjackson
Steve W. Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiloxiGeek View Post
Was wondering if anyone else has seen an issue with the audio getting out of sync with the video on shows recorded on Fox network? I've seen this happening with Bones and The Following on Fox (WXXV in Biloxi, Ms) over the last couple of months. I can't say if it's happening on the live broadcast cause I almost never watch anything live. So it's usually later in the evening or sometime the next day that I watch recordings. Typically the show starts off and everything is synced up and looking just fine. About 15 or 20 minutes into the show after skipping past the first and possibly the second commercial break the audio and video are out of sync by 1/2 or 1 second. I have not noticed this on any other recordings or channels. Just stuff on Fox.
I watch both of those programs, never live, and have not experienced any issues at all with them. My only issue is that Fox and TNT consistently have lower volumes than other channels I record and thus mandate that I increase my set's volume.
stevewjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiloxiGeek View Post
... I have not noticed this on any other recordings or channels. Just stuff on Fox.
Then the chances are really good that it's either the fault of your local FOX broadcast affiliate, or it's the fault of the cable company that takes their signal and puts it on the cable.

In other words, it's already broke before it gets into your house.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote