TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #31
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I may have overstated, I think he's only been on 6-8 episodes of Gossip Girl. I tried to find which episodes so I could watch only those on Netflix, but I didn't have any luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #32
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
I may have overstated, I think he's only been on 6-8 episodes of Gossip Girl. I tried to find which episodes so I could watch only those on Netflix, but I didn't have any luck.
IMDB shows 11.

"Gossip Girl" (11 episodes )
Bad News Blair (9 October 2007) - Carter Baizen
Hi, Society (5 December 2007) - Carter Baizen
The Age of Dissonance (16 March 2009) - Carter Baizen
The Grandfather (23 March 2009) - Carter Baizen
The Goodbye Gossip Girl (17 May 2009) - Carter Baizen
Reversals of Fortune (14 September 2009) - Carter Baizen
The Freshmen (21 September 2009) - Carter Baizen
The Lost Boy (28 September 2009) - Carter Baizen
Rufus Getting Married (12 October 2009) - Carter Baizen
Enough About Eve (19 October 2009) - Carter Baizen
The Unblairable Lightness of Being (12 April 2010) - Carter Baizen
Old 05-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #33
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
I'm a little confused about "the curse is broken". Please bear with me: some of these details might not match your own interpretation of exactly what happened, but go with the general idea.

The evil curse from the pilot episode:

#1) transformed magical beings into non-magical humans: Jiminy Cricket, Magic Mirror, Blue Fairy, etc,

#2) transported everybody to non-magical Earth (or morphed magical FTL into non-magical Storybrooke... either works for this),

#3) wiped/suppressed their memories of their former selves,

#4) trapped them in the boundaries of Storybrooke.

Emma kisses Henry, shock wave, Henry wakes up, "the curse is broken!"

We know #3 is gone and probably #4. But Jiminy Cricket is still a human. They are all still in Storybrooke (or Storybrooke has not reverted to FTL).

Wouldn't Emma's kiss have just broken the apple sleeping sickness curse? Henry isn't under the pilot curse any more than Emma is. Wouldn't Emma have to kiss someone under the pilot curse (like Graham) to have any effect on the pilot curse (like Graham starting to remember who he was)?

The more I think about this, the less sense it makes. Either something's not right or they took serious liberties with the smooches. What am I missing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #34
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
I'm a little confused about "the curse is broken". Please bear with me: some of these details might not match your own interpretation of exactly what happened, but go with the general idea.

#1) transformed magical beings into non-magical humans: Jiminy Cricket, Magic Mirror, Blue Fairy, etc,

#2) transported everybody to non-magical Earth (or morphed magical FTL into non-magical Storybrooke... either works for this),

We know #3 is gone and probably #4. But Jiminy Cricket is still a human. They are all still in Storybrooke (or Storybrooke has not reverted to FTL).

Wouldn't Emma's kiss have just broken the apple sleeping sickness curse? Henry isn't under the pilot curse any more than Emma is. Wouldn't Emma have to kiss someone under the pilot curse (like Graham) to have any effect on the pilot curse (like Graham starting to remember who he was)?

The more I think about this, the less sense it makes. Either something's not right or they took serious liberties with the smooches. What am I missing?
It has something to do with Rumplestiltskin. Either he failed to mention something important about the curse or he did something once he had access to magic. Anyhow, the curse isn't completely lifted because they are still stuck in Storybrooke.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #35
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
What am I missing?
Trying to apply logic to a fantasy show where the writers have been winging it all season and who need to keep the plot moving (characters remember who they were) without ending the whole series (still stuck in Storybrooke, not totally broken).

- billypritchard
Old 05-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #36
Sadara
huh?

I'll be interested to see how the first few episodes of next season play out. I'm still confused about why the lay of the land still looks the same.... or will it after the purple fog is done rolling over everything? I'm very much still digging this show, but I'm confused and wondering at the same time.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #37
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13

Well. They said that Charmings kiss sent a light through the land, so this was the same light.

The curse is broken but they are still in the real world, where there is no magic. Storybrooke is NOT FTL transformed. Or it would have reverted. So no one reverted to a fantasy character.

While Regina banished them to the real world, the curse was making them all forget. And be stuck in time.

If Gold had not brought the fog, they would have had to work to get back to FTL or live a as non-magic in the real world.

Now that the magic is coming, I'd expect to see some characters revert and hey eventually use the magic to get back. Which works for the Hatter. How he knew is unknown, but this works for him.

As for Regina. I stand by her not fully knowing she loved Henry but realizing it as he appeared to die.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #38
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadara
I'll be interested to see how the first few episodes of next season play out. I'm still confused about why the lay of the land still looks the same.... or will it after the purple fog is done rolling over everything? I'm very much still digging this show, but I'm confused and wondering at the same time.
It looks the same because IT S NOT FTL.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #39
tiassa
Me --Avatar

One moer thing, wasn't one of the last shots the purple fog engulfing the clock tower, which was showing 8:15? Obviously we don't know if it is going to stop at 8:15, but assuming it does, does that give Storybrooke a "Time out"?
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #40
getreal
postcrastinator

For 28 years, time stood still for the accursed characters in Storybrooke, while Emma grew up outside of the curse. So now that the purple smoke monster (ahem) fog has stopped time in Storybrooke once again, Rumpelstiltskin has bought time to do what he needs to do next season.

I wonder why Malefecent (the dragon) was not carried to Storybrooke by the original curse but stayed just an elevator ride beneath the town?

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #41
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
For 28 years, time stood still for the accursed characters in Storybrooke, while Emma grew up outside of the curse. So now that the purple smoke monster (ahem) fog has stopped time in Storybrooke once again, Rumpelstiltskin has bought time to do what he needs to do next season.

I wonder why Malefecent (the dragon) was not carried to Storybrooke by the original curse but stayed just an elevator ride beneath the town?
The queen said she did that to her.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #42
sieglinde

I am so confused. In the story (Disney version) Malefecent is the evil queen's name and she turns herself into a dragon. So in this one they are two seperate entities?
Old 05-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #43
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Malefecent is Sleeping Beauty's evil fairy.

The Evil Queen is Snow White's evil stepmom.

Two different characters in Disney lore.

- billypritchard
Old 05-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #44
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl

I'm still bugged by the fact that Regina knew Emma was Snow & Charming's kid and the savior. When did this get revealed? Are we to assume she's known all along? My one huge pet peeve for this season. Otherwise, I'm happy with how it's progressed and look forward to next season.
Did you miss the scene between Regina and Gold in the previous episode, where it was revealed that if Regina killed Emma, the curse would be broken? We all figured she didn't know or she'd have killed her, but that revelation showed that she did know all along, but couldn't do anything about it.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #45
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Did you miss the scene between Regina and Gold in the previous episode, where it was revealed that if Regina killed Emma, the curse would be broken? We all figured she didn't know or she'd have killed her, but that revelation showed that she did know all along, but couldn't do anything about it.
So she knew all along that the baby Gold brought her was the grandson of her most hated enemy?? I don't believe that. I know it was revealed that she appears to have known all along but until recently they have given no indication of that nor when exactly Regina gained this knowledge so I felt like that conversation with Gold skipped something or I missed something and I know that's not the case.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #46
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl
So she knew all along that the baby Gold brought her was the grandson of her most hated enemy?? I don't believe that. I know it was revealed that she appears to have known all along but until recently they have given no indication of that nor when exactly Regina gained this knowledge so I felt like that conversation with Gold skipped something or I missed something and I know that's not the case.
No, I don't think she knew Henry was Snow's grandson when Gold first brought him to her. But I think she figured out who Emma was not long after Emma arrived. She wasn't blind to all the changes that started happening in the town suddenly after Emma arrived.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #47
Cearbhaill
I was provoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
No, I don't think she knew Henry was Snow's grandson when Gold first brought him to her. But I think she figured out who Emma was not long after Emma arrived. She wasn't blind to all the changes that started happening in the town suddenly after Emma arrived.
I think the moment she knew was the scene towards the end of the pilot when Emma told her how Henry showed up on her 28th birthday.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #48
oscarfish

I still do not understand Rumpelstiltskin's motive. For a few of the episodes toward the end, I thought I did. I thought he wanted the curse so he could come to this land to find his son (even though he didn't look like he was looking very hard). That explained why he didn't directly help Emma break the curse.

As of the season finale, it looks like he wanted the curse broken.

Was it that he did want the curse broken, but not until he got his love potion back? Even if that is true, it still doesn't really answer my fundamental question.

I guess I'll have to wait until next season to find out. I wonder how many plot holes you can hind in a four month hiatus.
oscarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #49
robojerk

I think he needs magic to leave the town, to find his son. Just my theory.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #50
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
I would think he needed the curse broken so he could leave town. I can't imagine there's another 'world without magic'. Bael must be somewhere on Earth.

I wonder if the magic cloud affected those outside Storybrooke?

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #51
tiassa
Me --Avatar

The other major thing that changed in Rumplestiltskin's world is that he got Belle back, this probably affected his thinking about what he wanted from the curse.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #52
Cearbhaill
I was provoked

Rumpy wants to have his cake and eat it too.
He wants magic (not to be the Dark One, just general Rumpy magic), he wants Belle, and he wants Bael to love him and respect him.
His addiction to magic is what will bring him down in the end IMO.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #53
Church AV Guy

Quote:
The other major thing that changed in Rumplestiltskin's world is that he got Belle back, this probably affected his thinking about what he wanted from the curse.
He made the deal to get the egg (magic) back from the dragon BEFORE he knew that Belle was still alive. She arrived in hi store and without looking up he told her to leave becasue he was working on something, getting the magic out of the egg. Clearly the mad hatter released her, and told her to tell Gold that she had been imprisoned by Regina, so Gold would have his revengeon her, since the Hatter couldn't bring himself to take that revenge.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #54
thenightfly42
Seņor Senior, Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarfish View Post
I still do not understand Rumpelstiltskin's motive. For a few of the episodes toward the end, I thought I did. I thought he wanted the curse so he could come to this land to find his son (even though he didn't look like he was looking very hard). That explained why he didn't directly help Emma break the curse.

As of the season finale, it looks like he wanted the curse broken.

Was it that he did want the curse broken, but not until he got his love potion back? Even if that is true, it still doesn't really answer my fundamental question.

I guess I'll have to wait until next season to find out. I wonder how many plot holes you can hind in a four month hiatus.
Yeah, I just caught up on the episodes today. Sorry to bounce this old thread, but Rumpy was lying, it wasn't a potion of true love that he hid in the egg. The true love potion looked like two colored wires intertwining, while this one was a glowing pink/purple. The clouds at the end matched the original curse, but we don't know if it is a repetition of the original curse, or something else.
thenightfly42 is offline   Reply With Quote