TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
Christian Dad
TiVo Tinkerer

My Shows... not displayed... network problem

I have two TiVos, have had for years. An HD and an XL. Both are connected to wireless APs. Been having a problem transferring since day one of having two devices. Actually it's more like since day three of having two devices.

When initially connected, both TiVos could see each other and see the Now Playing / My Shows list, and transfer recordings between the two. After a couple of days, one or the other would simply no longer show up on the other device. Transferring was more one way at that point.

Recently I changed the non-TiVo WAP for a legitimate TiVo WAP and viola it worked again... for two days. Now even though both TiVos can see each other on the wireless network, neither can see the Now Playing/My Shows content. When I try, I get a message "<device> My Shows could not be displayed because of a network problem. Um... BOWLSHYTE

Now, before anyone goes Captain Obvious on me...
I've rebooted, hard wired, checked the account settings, DHCP / Static, Forced a Service connection, sacrificed a virgin goat, and everything else that's painfully obvious to a computer engineer. Nada.

Every other network related function works perfectly fine. YouTube, Amazon, Music, everything but the transferring. One evening it was working, next morning it wasn't.

Anyway, have seen several threads on here about how theirs mysteriously came to life... any clues? Serious clues.

(2011) TiVo XL
(2007) TiVo HD --> 1TB
Wireless
(2005) S2 --> 182hrs. (2006) --> 611hrs.
Christian Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Another thing to try:

in your tivo.com account, under DVR Preferences,
  1. Uncheck all checkboxes for all your Tivos.
  2. Force connections on your Tivos and wait until they are completely processed (and ready for another connection).
  3. Reboot the Tivos.
  4. Re-check your tivo.com preferences.
  5. Force another set of Tivo connections.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
shamilian

Make sure your wireless router can pass multicast packets. Certain brands are brain dead when it comes to multicast packets.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote