TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
ginginlala

iOS Remote App Not Working After Privacy Opt-In

So, weirdness. I decided to opt-in to the TiVo community panel thing, which required me to change my TiVo privacy settings. No objections to hat, I don't really care if anybody sees what I watch on TV.

Odd thing is, ever since then, my iOS remote apps do not work. They claim my TiVo is not set up to receive remote commands. I go through the steps in the app to rectify this situation and, of course, the TiVo IS set up to receive remote commands, etc. It always has been.

Additionally, when I opted-in, tivo.com lost the name of my DVR. I had to re-enter it. Perhaps that is related.

Anybody else having this problem?
ginginlala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Yeah, I opted-in Thursday night so I could use the Season Pass manager, and on Friday, all my TiVos started losing their names (reverting to the DVR-xxxx defaults). They appeared blank on the page where I could set the names, and although I reset them, and the site seemed to retain them, they all showed up as "N/A" in the Season Pass manager. ... Hmm, actually I checked again just now, and the names are there. Maybe this is fixed?

I don't know if it was related to the opt-in, or if that was just a coincidence of timing. There's some other discussion of the problem here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=485425

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Nope, not fixed -- the names are staying set on tivo.com, but they're not getting back to my TiVos, even after I force the daily calls. I can't get the Season Pass manager to work, either -- it shows them as being copied, but they aren't showing up on the new TiVo, even after waiting overnight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

This is resolved now for me, after I reset the names once, then once again for the new TiVo I set up on Friday (the third time I set its name). With a curious side effect: The names are displayed correctly in most contexts, but not in my TCP/IP remote. (More technically: The Zeroconf announcements of the _tivo-device, _tivo-mindrpc, _tivo-videos, and _tivo-videostream services are all using the proper names now, while _tivo-remote as well as _http are still using DVR-xxxx names.) I'm guessing this will be fixed after a restart.