TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #31
wprager

I'm still in, but barely. There is an even bigger mystery here than the fertility crisis, and I have to find out the answer. Why would anyone name their kid -- born in the 2000s -- Elvis?
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:38 PM   #32
mattack

I think I was somewhat half-watching the ep (think I was downloading some shows from my Tivo at the time), but still enjoyed it at least for a few more eps.

So the cops don't notice a guy in a truck waiting very close to their roadblock?!

I realize when they pulled out, you see that it's _mostly_ behind a building, but the front end is still sticking out... and he didn't wait for them to get all the way out of there before he left.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #33
stellie93

Actually you can walk into any Wallmart and get insulin--no prescription needed. I get it for my cat--the same stuff. At least in Ohio you can.

I'll probably watch one more week. I'm still watching Dominion, and it's worse than this show.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #34
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Actually you can walk into any Wallmart and get insulin--no prescription needed. I get it for my cat--the same stuff. At least in Ohio you can.
I think only regular insulin is required to be available without a prescription. The insulin analogs, which are much better in actual use, require prescriptions (at least in Arizona).
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #35
Jim_TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
I'm still in, but barely. There is an even bigger mystery here than the fertility crisis, and I have to find out the answer. Why would anyone name their kid -- born in the 2000s -- Elvis?
Because they're a fan would be the number one reason I would imagine.
Jim_TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #36
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_TV View Post
Because they're a fan would be the number one reason I would imagine.
I like Elvis. I was introduced to his music when I was at a summer camp and they played it all night long the day he died. Before that I didn't really know much about him except for some bad movies. And I'm 52. So it's a little surprising for someone in their 20s to name their newborn baby -- one of six in the word -- Elvis.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #37
Howie
Out of Pocket

Maybe they named him for Elvis Costello. He's not quite as old as the King would have been.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #38
wprager

True, didn't think of that. I like Costello, too.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #39
Howie
Out of Pocket

So I have the first episodes on my DVR, and I think I'll watch them tomorrow. I'll try to make a post that will be contributory to the thread. I apologize to the OP for making lame joke posts without having even seen the material. It was a little funny though, c'mon man.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:26 AM   #40
Jim_TV

Just watched last night's episode. It's progressing about how I thought it would. Still holding my interest in terms of entertainment. This isn't really deep or award winning material, but I like sci-fi or alternate reality premises and it's the first series I can remember watching on Lifetime, so it's doing its job in that regard.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #41
robojerk

I doubt the President of the United States is powerless to return the kid from the "Dept. of Humanity" to the dad.

What annoys me is the insidious conspiracy going on. I wish they would give us a hint as to what their motives are. It seemed like the one guy knew something but then got shot in the parking garage, then they use him as a scape goat. how convenient

I think the group caused the infertility, and they're covering it up. Why? <shrug>
Old 08-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #42
mattack

Is this the first time a show on Lifetime has gotten a significant male viewership!?! (VOLUNTARILY.)

I'm semi-joking, but I only found out about it because of my Premiere/Pilot auto-recording wishlist.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:07 PM   #43
Jim_TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Is this the first time a show on Lifetime has gotten a significant male viewership!?! (VOLUNTARILY.)

I'm semi-joking, but I only found out about it because of my Premiere/Pilot auto-recording wishlist.
It is in my case. They probably have a new exec over there trying to expand the channel's viewer base. I have never watched Lifetime before but now I watch this and sometimes catch the re-run/followup episodes of Hoarders.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #44
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Why name your kid Elvis?

Well, why name your kid Lennon? I have a Lennon age 10 living around the corner from me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #45
mattack

I forget.. Lifetime may have been where I watched thirtysomething reruns eons ago (one of the last times I watched basically a whole series in reruns, before wising up to hacking up for more commercial time).