TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
falcon26

Tivo for tablets not working or listed?

Got AOKP Rom installed so far everything works awesome. But when I goto the market to download Tivo for Tablets, not the regular Tivo app but the one for Tablets its not listed in the market. If I use my nephews TF101 its their but not with my TF300. When I goto Tivo's site it says that it will work with my TF300. Is their something in the AOKP rom that prevents it from working?
falcon26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
geekaren
TiVo Rocks, eh?!

It looks like your nephew's tablet is on an earlier Android version (3.2, Honeycomb) if still running the stock ROM.

IIRC, AOKP ROMs are Android 4.04. Appears the TiVo for Tablet app is compatible with Android 4.04 (Ice Cream Sandwich), so that shouldn't be the problem.

You may have more success posting this question in the ROM forum thread to get input from the ROM developer. My guess is that the AOKP ROM you've installed has changed how your tablet is being identified by Google Play (Android Market).
Pioneer DVR-57H (retired)
geekaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
falcon26

Aw OK. Can someone post the apk for the TiVo tablet app?
falcon26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
aaronwt
HD Addict

There is an app that will let you back up apps from the device you currently use it on. Then just transfer it to the tablet. I think this is what I did earlier this year when it first came out but I'm not sure off hand what the backup program was that I used.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
HerronScott

I found it here for my Pandigital SuperNova which has similar issues with Google Play.

dropbox.com/s/fz19rdlsrt92iei/com.tivo.android-16680.apk

Scott
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerronScott View Post
I found it here for my Pandigital SuperNova which has similar issues with Google Play.
It is not issues with Google Play. TiVo is setting restrictions on which devices they claim compatibility with. It is both good and bad. Good when the restrictions are actually appropriate because of true compatibility issues. Bad when it is simply because it has MINOR issues or hasn't even been tested with the device.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
ComputerLover

my htc evo view tablet's tivo is working but htc evo view's google play(android market) see tivo.apk apps not in. so i use my smartphone 's google play see tivo.apk copy it into sd memory card take out to in tablet's memory card see tivo.apk click run that it.. tablet's google play can't find tivo, pogo, vrs, etc.. use smartphone's google play's apps copy it into sd memory card just easy way
ComputerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerLover View Post
my htc evo view tablet's tivo is working but htc evo view's google play(android market) see tivo.apk apps not in. so i use my smartphone 's google play see tivo.apk copy it into sd memory card take out to in tablet's memory card see tivo.apk click run that it.. tablet's google play can't find tivo, pogo, vrs, etc.. use smartphone's google play's apps copy it into sd memory card just easy way
I think I understand what you are saying. But doing what you are doing is getting you only the phone version of the TiVo app, not the [miserably slow] tablet version of the TiVo app.

Of course, that is what I would recommend (for now), anyway...