TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
The Killing S2E10 "72 Hours" OAD 5/27/12

The case of the mother dead inside a locked apartment seems interesting, I hope we get more of that.

So the picture that Linden found on her frig that sent her running scared was the picture Adrien drew (from the previous case). How did it get there? Are the two cases connected in some way?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,385
For this season, which I feel has been good, I found myself very bored with this ep. Too much Linden in the cuckoo's nest for me and not enough story progression...
__________________
"You don't know Bierboy like I know Bierboy. He became a lot more amusing after I figured out his sense of humor..." -- Rob Helmerichs

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
mm2margaret
Meagan
 
mm2margaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: northern california
Posts: 295
I think the show's heating up. Look at the damage that being caused because of the coverup:

Linden; she's lost her beau, she's lost her son (to his Dad), she's lost her badge, and now she's lost her freedom. She's been involuntarily imprisoned in a Psych ward after discovering a key clue at the Indian Reservation.

Or Holder; flirting with drugs, he's been beaten to the point of being hospitalized, he's considered suicide, he's always been the character on the edge of self driven destruction.

All because the murder of Rosie apparently reaches to the highest levels of the existing administration of Seattle's leadership, who are busy about destroying everything that could link them to Rosie's murder: any evidence, any clues, any person that gets in their way, including Richmond, who is running against the very corrupt Mayor.

For me, the scenes with the Psychiatrist, deceitful and feigning caring (strictly my view, btw), while trying to tear down Linden's resolve, were great, because they demonstrated how a involuntary incarceration is nothing more than another despicable attempt to destroy another human being. It wouldn't for a nano-second surprise me if the Psychiatrist were working and being directed by the Mayor's staff.
__________________
Meagan

Last edited by mm2margaret : 05-29-2012 at 01:09 PM.
mm2margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
The case of the mother dead inside a locked apartment seems interesting, I hope we get more of that.

So the picture that Linden found on her frig that sent her running scared was the picture Adrien drew (from the previous case). How did it get there? Are the two cases connected in some way?
I think that they are setting up the season 3 story line. The reopening of the murder of the boy's mother.
__________________
Bruce
"...if we all believe in the things you believe you're seeing..." EJ/BT 76


HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
crazywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 14,392
I thought the psychiatrist was genuine and was one moment away from a breakthrough.

I'm glad she "lost her beau" because that guy has a lot to answer for. What he did was extremely unethical at best, and feels borderline predatory. He should not still be licensed, if he is.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
stellie93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,264
I thought the psychiatrist was pretty typical. She's probably used to people claiming untrue things, and Linden was pretty messed up. By the way, I don't remember ever hearing her first name before, although we probably did.

I don't remember what the boyfriend did, or did you mean signing her out and then leaving? He's putting a lot of trust in Holder, and why would anyone do that? Obviously if he could dump her this easily--it's only been what, 2 weeks since their wedding was scheduled?--she's lucky she didn't marry him.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
jdfs
Unspecial Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post

I don't remember what the boyfriend did, or did you mean signing her out and then leaving? He's putting a lot of trust in Holder, and why would anyone do that? Obviously if he could dump her this easily--it's only been what, 2 weeks since their wedding was scheduled?--she's lucky she didn't marry him.
I think she means that the boyfriend was her former therapist.
__________________
Jay

HDR112 196 hrs - Retired
Tivo Premier with Extender
Tivo Premier #2
Roamio Pro
TiVo Mini
jdfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 14,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfs View Post
I think she means that the boyfriend was her former therapist.
It was a combination of both aspects, but definitely more focused on the fact that he became romantically involved with a patient that he was charged to care for in a mental institution. I also think signing her out under false pretenses is license-revocation-worthy.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #9
minimeh
Vanity Phrase Here
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I don't remember what the boyfriend did, or did you mean signing her out and then leaving?
Holder asked his boss Lt. Erik Carlson for the psychiatrist's name, which was in Linden's folder, and Carlson would have access to it. Holder wanted to get the previous psychiatrist to get Linden released on his signature.

Then when Linden's fiancee shows up to release Linden, the reveal seems to be that her fiancee is also her psychiatrist from the previous case. It seemed that Holder had no clue of the tie-in.

That opens up a whole mess of implications.

At least, that's how I took it.
minimeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #10
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
I also think signing her out under false pretenses is license-revocation-worthy.
Except that she was in under false pretenses, so getting her out for any reason was actually the right thing to do.

I'm surprised that Holder wasn't able to get her out himself. It is his word against the Indian Reservation person whether Linden was suicidal and attacked the guard. I'd think Holder's word would be the one to take precedence, since the hospital was not on the Reservation.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #11
mm2margaret
Meagan
 
mm2margaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: northern california
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Except that she was in under false pretenses, so getting her out for any reason was actually the right thing to do.

I'm surprised that Holder wasn't able to get her out himself. It is his word against the Indian Reservation person whether Linden was suicidal and attacked the guard. I'd think Holder's word would be the one to take precedence, since the hospital was not on the Reservation.
Exactly! Which is why I believe the Psychiatrist was not looking to help Linden, but was really looking to do her harm in some way. In my view, there was nothing ethical about what the Psychiatrist was doing! Whether it was wrong headed, or just plain evil, I just can't believe that she had good intentions.
__________________
Meagan
mm2margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #12
stellie93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,264
ok, thanks. I didn't know that he was her therapist. What a jerk.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #13
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
So nobody has a theory on how and why Adrien's picture ended up on her frig? My guess is she put it there herself in some king of fugue or psychotic break.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Did the psychiatrist say Linden had a photocopy of the picture on her when they brought her in? Was she talking about the last time she was admitted or this time?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
smak
TV MA SLV
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: NoHo, CA USA
Posts: 15,817
I am thinking that the solving of this murder, and the election are going to come very close in proximity to each other.

But I'm not sure which will come first.

Will the solving of the murder drastically change the outcome of the election, or will the election take place, and then we find out who murdered Rosie, and that has implications for the winner of the election?

Should be interesting.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
jdfs
Unspecial Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
I am thinking that the solving of this murder, and the election are going to come very close in proximity to each other.

But I'm not sure which will come first.

Will the solving of the murder drastically change the outcome of the election, or will the election take place, and then we find out who murdered Rosie, and that has implications for the winner of the election?

Should be interesting.

-smak-
Yeah I can see the mayor winning re-election shortly followed by some implications of a cover up and jail time. A re-vote ensues and our wheelchair hero is elected.
__________________
Jay

HDR112 196 hrs - Retired
Tivo Premier with Extender
Tivo Premier #2
Roamio Pro
TiVo Mini
jdfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #17
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimeh View Post
...It seemed that Holder had no clue of the tie-in...
...nor did I...
__________________
"You don't know Bierboy like I know Bierboy. He became a lot more amusing after I figured out his sense of humor..." -- Rob Helmerichs

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #18
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 14,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Did the psychiatrist say Linden had a photocopy of the picture on her when they brought her in? Was she talking about the last time she was admitted or this time?
My interpretation was: last time
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #19
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
My interpretation was: last time
Yeah, that makes sense.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #20
mm2margaret
Meagan
 
mm2margaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: northern california
Posts: 295
Okay, I don't get it. To me, the Psychiatrist was, either unintentionally, or intentionally, obstructing an ongoing murder investigation. Holder needed Linden and couldn't get to her. Remember: the real reason Linden was incarcerated was false. Totally false. Remember also, that Holder has some legitimate right to investigate, and that his superiors knew he was investigating. They may not have liked it, but they did not order him to stop. And they could have pulled his badge too, if they wanted to and they didn't.

My take is that the Psychiatrist was deliberately trying to break Linden. Think, people, of the questions she was asking. She was asking about the murder investigations, was she not? I don't see, for the life of me, how that relates to Linden's state of mind, in particular, if you view the questions and the details she was requesting of Linden, how that would relate to anything other than the Psychiatrist attempting to try and find out how much Linden knew and how close she was to the real cause of Rosie's murder the real killers.

It's just my opinion, mind you, and I could be wrong, but that's what I think the Psychiatrist was really after.
__________________
Meagan
mm2margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #21
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 30,983
Wow. Do you have an issue with psychiatrists?

Seriously, though, she's just doing her job. Almost none of what you say is relevant. She has a patient who has been remanded into her care under suicide watch. Her only obligation is to treat her patient, and evaluate her for possible release in 72 hours. If she allowed a cop to bully her into releasing her patient, she would be guilty of the most blatant possible malpractice. And the reason Linden was committed is also irrelevant. She is there, and she is there under a legal pretext. Again, if she decides to void the commitment process because a suspended cop with a history of psychiatric issues and her partner insist she's really fine (all evidence to the contrary), major-league malpractice.

She was asking Linden about the case because last time, it was a case very much like this one that literally drove her insane. What could possibly be more relevant? She was trying to get Linden to see that she is repeating the same pattern as last time.

I think the psychiatrist is doing her job exactly correctly; yes, Linden was framed, but the psychiatrist has no way of knowing that, and Linden did about half the framing herself. My take is that the psychiatrist is an innocent victim of the writers' need to drag the case out yet another week.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #22
mm2margaret
Meagan
 
mm2margaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: northern california
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Wow. Do you have an issue with psychiatrists?
My take is that the psychiatrist is an innocent victim of the writers' need to drag the case out yet another week.
Well, let's be honest, this is not your favorite show, is it? But I digress. We'll see whether her approach was honest, or if there was an ulterior motive for her questions.
__________________
Meagan
mm2margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #23
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Almost none of what you say is relevant. She has a patient who has been remanded into her care under suicide watch. Her only obligation is to treat her patient, and evaluate her for possible release in 72 hours. If she allowed a cop to bully her into releasing her patient, she would be guilty of the most blatant possible malpractice. And the reason Linden was committed is also irrelevant. She is there, and she is there under a legal pretext. Again, if she decides to void the commitment process because a suspended cop with a history of psychiatric issues and her partner insist she's really fine (all evidence to the contrary), major-league malpractice.
Almost none of what you say is right.

Linden was committed involuntarily. That can only be done legally if she broke a law and was determined to be mentally unfit for jail. But the person or people who claim that she broke a law are from an Indian Reservation, and moreover, SHE WAS INVESTIGATING HER ACCUSERS FOR MURDER. That by itself should have been enough for the psychiatrist to have serious doubts about holding Linden against her will. When you add the fact that Linden's partner, who is a police officer with jurisdiction in the city where the hospital is located, tells the psychiatrist that Linden is not suicidal and did not attack a guard, that should be more than enough for the psychiatrist to immediately release Linden. It should be 10 times more than enough for the psychiatrist to listen carefully to everything Holder has to say and to let Holder talk to Linden. But the psychiatrist would not even let Holder talk to Linden.

There is something extremely suspicious there. Either the psychiatrist is corrupt, or that was very bad writing. It could be the latter, since this show has done it before with the way the Reservation officials got off scot-free with nearly beating Holder to death.

NOTE: I'm of course aware that Linden was suspended as a cop and Holder had no jurisdiction at the Indian Reservation, so certainly she did break at least one law (trespassing), but that is not enough to get her involuntarily committed to a mental institution.

Last edited by john4200 : 05-29-2012 at 10:33 PM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #24
fliptheflop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Almost none of what you say is right.

Linden was committed involuntarily. That can only be done legally if she broke a law and was determined to be mentally unfit for jail. But the person or people who claim that she broke a law are from an Indian Reservation, and moreover, SHE WAS INVESTIGATING HER ACCUSERS FOR MURDER. That by itself should have been enough for the psychiatrist to have serious doubts about holding Linden against her will. When you add the fact that Linden's partner, who is a police officer with jurisdiction in the city where the hospital is located, tells the psychiatrist that Linden is not suicidal and did not attack a guard, that should be more than enough for the psychiatrist to immediately release Linden. It should be 10 times more than enough for the psychiatrist to listen carefully to everything Holder has to say and to let Holder talk to Linden. But the psychiatrist would not even let Holder talk to Linden.

There is something extremely suspicious there. Either the psychiatrist is corrupt, or that was very bad writing. It could be the latter, since this show has done it before with the way the Reservation officials got off scot-free with nearly beating Holder to death.

NOTE: I'm of course aware that Linden was suspended as a cop and Holder had no jurisdiction at the Indian Reservation, so certainly she did break at least one law (trespassing), but that is not enough to get her involuntarily committed to a mental institution.
Her past had to play a part of it. Or at least made the bogus story somewhat believable.
fliptheflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #25
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
NOTE: I'm of course aware that Linden was suspended as a cop and Holder had no jurisdiction at the Indian Reservation, so certainly she did break at least one law (trespassing), but that is not enough to get her involuntarily committed to a mental institution.
The explanation for committing her was that she was going to commit suicide by jumping, they had to pull her back inside the building and then they say that Linden became violent with them. That sounds like a valid reason to commit her tied with her previous issues.
__________________
Bruce
"...if we all believe in the things you believe you're seeing..." EJ/BT 76


HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
crazywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #26
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywater View Post
The explanation for committing her was that she was going to commit suicide by jumping, they had to pull her back inside the building and then they say that Linden became violent with them. That sounds like a valid reason to commit her tied with her previous issues.
Except that it is not at all a valid reason, as I already explained (and you snipped). I guess you only read the end of my post.

Last edited by john4200 : 05-30-2012 at 07:35 PM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |