TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
melconway

DVR will not transfer to PC

For about 2 weeks now there have been no transfers from TiVo HD to TiVo Desktop Plus.

My setup:
TiVo HD
TiVo Desktop Plus on WinXP SP3. Running 2.8.2; uninstalled and installed 2.8.3--problem persists.

The transfer status window has 6 shows in it but nothing moves. It says
The TiVo DVR is busy with another transfer. The recording will begin to transfer when the DVR is available. But it never happens.

Unlike other threads I have read with a similar problem, the DVR's blue light is not on.

When I address the DVR with my web browser and try to download the file in the browser I get a window that says:

<h2>Server Busy</h2>
too many transfers in progress

even when there are no red lights (and no blue light) on the DVR. (No problem logging in to DVR with MAK.)

I just did this experiment: I removed all auto-transfers and emptied out the transfer status window. Then I picked one show from the Pick Recordings to Transfer window. This almost immediately showed up in the transfer status window. Then within a second the yellow triangle icon showed up with the messsage: The TiVo DVR is busy with another transfer (etc). I checked the DVR and there is no red or blue light on.

I hove not tried resetting the DVR lately and will do so when I can. Meanwhile I am open to suggestions.
melconway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

When you reboot the Tivo, do so without the network connected.
Let it run a few hours without a network connection to see if that will flush out your "ghost" transfer.

In the meantime, in Tivo Desktop go to File -> Preferences -> Restart or Reset, and do a "Clear Cached Information".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

There will be no blue light while the Tivo is transferring to the PC. When you are transferring from PC to Tivo, then there is a blue light. With Tivo to Tivo, only the receiving unit will have a blue light.

You would need to check the ToDo list to see if there are any pending transfers, if any, highlight and press clear. Then you can reboot the Tivo to clear the error or ghost transfers.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #4
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
There will be no blue light while the Tivo is transferring to the PC. When you are transferring from PC to Tivo, then there is a blue light. With Tivo to Tivo, only the receiving unit will have a blue light.

You would need to check the ToDo list to see if there are any pending transfers, if any, highlight and press clear. Then you can reboot the Tivo to clear the error or ghost transfers.
As Steve614 noted, a reboot alone may not clear up a ghost transfer. OTOH, you probably don't have to wait for "hours". OTGH, it may require several boots including a hard boot. One of my Premieres had one yesterday and I had a devil of a time getting rid of it.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
melconway

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
When you reboot the Tivo, do so without the network connected.
Let it run a few hours without a network connection to see if that will flush out your "ghost" transfer.

In the meantime, in Tivo Desktop go to File -> Preferences -> Restart or Reset, and do a "Clear Cached Information".
It worked the first time. Thanks.
melconway is offline   Reply With Quote