TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #31
mattack

Yeah right, SD channels *when there is no macroblocking*, look way better than analog channels (which look better than VHS).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #32
johnh123

Here is the response I got:

Unfortunately, we have no plans to offer OnDemand on TIVO in this region. However, you can access OnDemand through a number of other resources including your cable box, XBOX, iOS devices, Android Devices and on computers. And, you can now even download some content on your iOS devices and take it with you.
johnh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #33
drebbe
Carbon Blob

I was in my local Comcast office today to return a Motorola DVR. I happened to get the office manager handling my return. I told her I was returning the DVR because I had replaced it with a TiVo and asked her if she knew when Xfinity OnDemand was coming to TiVo in Chicago. Without hesitation she said "2013, but I don't know when". She knew exactly what I was talking about; I didn't have to explain anything.
drebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #34
robertne

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebbe View Post
I was in my local Comcast office today to return a Motorola DVR. I happened to get the office manager handling my return. I told her I was returning the DVR because I had replaced it with a TiVo and asked her if she knew when Xfinity OnDemand was coming to TiVo in Chicago. Without hesitation she said "2013, but I don't know when". She knew exactly what I was talking about; I didn't have to explain anything.
That could be a whole year from now....
robertne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #35
Holdenchicago

I just picked up a CableCard at the Chicago Comcast office and asked the manager there when on demand was coming. He said "soon". I asked if he knew anything else and he told me they were finishing upgrading their computers to allow on demand and we should be seeing it "soon". That is all the info he gave me, but it sounded promising.
Holdenchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #36
johnh123

Keep hope alive!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #37
Corran Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebbe View Post
It's sad that this is an outlier experience. I found somebody at Comcast who knows what they're talking about!

I feel the same way when I get a knowledgeable CableCard person at Comcast. For tech that's years and years old it's sad that you kind of have to do a raindance and pray for somebody who knows what they're doing.

They've definitely been getting better though. Last time I called for activation it went amazingly.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #38
jbiggs19

If you happen to find anyone at Comcast with actual knowledge, make sure you can track them down again. Makes it so much easier for future.
jbiggs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #39
johnh123

Any new news on this? I've got a premiere that has been sitting in my garage for a year waiting for this. If att follows through with their rumored service, that might be enough to get me to switch.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #40
Mike-Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
Call 1800COMCAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh123 View Post
It is getting pretty ridiculous. Time to storm the castle!
waste of time. Just go here. http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Video-O...e/td-p/1374395
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Video-O...g/td-p/1401009

1800 Comcast isn't going to know jack squat. This is on purpose so they don't give customers the wrong dates or information which could cause confusion and aggravation with customers when they don't meet that deadline.

For example I've been awaiting the S26 software update for the Cisco RNG200 series for months now (others have been waiting over a year) and I've been waiting for a firmware update for the Cisco cablecards for over two years with several delays since the beginning of March when my area was scheduled to get it and sudden mysterious "business priorities" were pushed forward instead, then they were saying for my area "end of March 2013" then they postponed all software and firmware updates system wide for the OnDemand Watchathon event instead because they "didn't want to interrupt service to our valued customers" where a frustrated customer pointed out that without the software and firmware updates for their equipment they can't partake in the event anyway. Now it's supposed to be happening April 9th. When anybody asks about the updates, it's always "2013" or another vague response.

I know that in Cisco/SA areas Xfinity On Demand is not yet available but should be soon in more areas. In my own area I've been told I'll have to wait until May.

Last edited by Mike-Wolf : 04-07-2013 at 03:00 AM. Reason: cheesecake
Mike-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #41
Shanezam203

Quote:
Here is the response I got:

Unfortunately, we have no plans to offer OnDemand on TIVO in this region. However, you can access OnDemand through a number of other resources including your cable box, XBOX, iOS devices, Android Devices and on computers. And, you can now even download some content on your iOS devices and take it with you.
So is this still the case, no plans to support Comcast on demand on a TiVo?
Shanezam203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #42
Mike-Wolf

Maybe it might be an idea to post these concerns in the Comcast forum and get a response from Comcast directly. http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity...bd-p/CTV_Equip
Mike-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #43
johnh123

Any further news on this outrage?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #44
jrtroo
User

Personally, I don't expect to ever get it.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #45
johnh123

You think they have done all they are going to do? Areas that have it, great, if you don't, too bad?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #46
drebbe
Carbon Blob

My confidence that we will ever see it in Chicago is shaken. There doesn't seem to be any momentum behind the project. It gives the appearance of one of those TiVo announcements made with great fanfare that just sort of fades away over time. I hope I'm wrong, but fear I'm not.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #47
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
You think they have done all they are going to do? Areas that have it, great, if you don't, too bad?
Yep, that's it in a nutshell.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #48
jrtroo
User

I always figured it was part of the terms of their settlement. Perhaps if xfinity received a bunch of income from the overall roll-out they would have continued.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #49
drebbe
Carbon Blob

My hope is renewed

I asked nicely on the Comcast support forums and received the following reply from Comcast.

"We have several markets identified and scheduled for 2014 for adding Xfinity On Demand for TiVo. Chicago is one of our identified and scheduled markets for 2014. I don't yet have a confirmed date that I can share just yet. Thanks for your patience. "
Old 01-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #50
DonnieZ

Walking out of Best Buy with all my new TiVo loot today (Roamio Plus and Mini). Stopped by the door to situate packages with my wife and the Comcast guy popped over and started talking about the Roamio and how cool it was. Turns out we've both been long time TiVo users and we talked back and forth for a while.

He said that he was told that VoD on the Roamio would launch in Q1 2014. He said the reason for some of the delay is that Chicago is one of the largest markets and it has been growing rapidly, swallowing up smaller providers in the outlying areas, and it's been a process to get all these disparate systems working together. I don't have anything else to go on but this, but he seemed pretty optimistic and volunteered the info, I didn't have to ask!
DonnieZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #51
PaperFriend

What about Houston??? I have been waiting forever also and Houston is a large market also
PaperFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #52
PaperFriend

Chicago is 3rd largest city and Houston is 4th largest city in the United States!
PaperFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #53
DonnieZ

Its here!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #54
huntermaz

Are you in the city or the burbs?
huntermaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #55
DonnieZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntermaz View Post
Are you in the city or the burbs?
Joliet.
Apparently it's available DMA wide though.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #56
huntermaz

I'm in Channahon but it's not on my TiVo. Hmmmm
Old 03-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #57
DonnieZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntermaz View Post
I'm in Channahon but it's not on my TiVo. Hmmmm
If it makes you feel any better, it's on my Roamio, however it's not working.

Plays the first 3-5 seconds of a show and then quits.

Others have had success getting it to show up by forcing the TiVo connect to the network. If you get it working, let me know!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #58
huntermaz

May this would help you

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...t=billing+code

I am going to reboot my Tivo tonight and see if that helps.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:43 AM   #59
huntermaz

So forced my TiVo to phone home and now on demand is listed and I can browse it but when I select something it just plays a black screen.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #60
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

For those of you in Chicago that can now see Xfinity On Demand but aren't able view on demand videos, can you confirm that your CableCARD is properly activated AND paired? (Do you see premium channels like HBO?)

Here is info on how to see if your CableCARD is configured correctly:
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2567

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote