TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2014, 10:45 PM   #7171
moyekj

I don't have the new TiVo software yet so can't look at the "All Channels" SPs. I blindly checked in a fix already in source code already to deal with channel named "All Channels" without a callsign as probably currently it shows up as "=All Channels" in SP list Channels column.

But I don't see why SP save/load wouldn't work. It's easy enough to test it for those that have the new software. Obviously searches won't return anything "all channels" related and won't be able to unless I'm able to somehow reverse engineer in RPC how to do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:24 PM   #7172
cweb

Problem with auto transfer ....

Running version 1.1c.

Some auto transfers that I have had set up for years have started to act weird. When it is run, some newly recorded episodes don't get downloaded and some do get downloaded for no consistent reason. It even happens for the same show. I can manually download those same episodes and manually add them to the history file, but not automatically.

I've tried deleting the show from the configuration, saving it and re-adding it, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Any idea as to what is wrong?
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:45 AM   #7173
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
Running version 1.1c.

Some auto transfers that I have had set up for years have started to act weird. When it is run, some newly recorded episodes don't get downloaded and some do get downloaded for no consistent reason. It even happens for the same show. I can manually download those same episodes and manually add them to the history file, but not automatically.

I've tried deleting the show from the configuration, saving it and re-adding it, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Any idea as to what is wrong?
The auto.log should give a reason for a show not being downloaded. Most likely it's because a matching ProgramId already exists in auto.history file. Some shows don't have a unique ProgramId for every episode and sometimes for any episode, and those you can deal with using "Treat each recording as unique" setting in auto transfers setup for that show.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #7174
singemfrc

This problem may not be (probably isnt) caused by kmttg, but I'm hoping you will know what is causing it and/or how to fix it. More and more recently I'm having problems with shows that will not completely copy off of the Tivo. At some point in the show the transfer will just spontaneously finish with no error code, as if it had transferred the entire show though only part of it will transfer. Since there is no error let alone error message, I don't know what is causing it.

I've tried this with both curl and java downloading and the transfer cuts off at the same point in the show every time. I even resorted to trying to transfer with Tivo Desktop (with both slow and fast methods), and although it seems to cut off at a different point, it still doesnt finish. This leads me to believe that it has something to do with the recording itself on the Tivo's hard drive. Unfortunately two of these shows were specials I wanted to save that won't air again, so I can't re-record them.

I hope this isn't a sign of a dying Tivo/hard drive. It's a Premiere XL that isn't that old.
singemfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #7175
moyekj

See Resume Downloads Wiki for explanation and workarounds to the partial downloads problem.

Old 09-13-2014, 02:37 PM   #7176
singemfrc

Wow. Depending on how many glitches there on the recording this could get time consuming. Do you have any idea what causes it, just out of curiousity? It used to be once in a blue moon, now it seems to be like 1/5 recordings that get glitched this way, and seems to usually be the longer ones over an hour duration.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #7177
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by singemfrc View Post
Wow. Depending on how many glitches there on the recording this could get time consuming. Do you have any idea what causes it, just out of curiousity? It used to be once in a blue moon, now it seems to be like 1/5 recordings that get glitched this way, and seems to usually be the longer ones over an hour duration.
How old is the drive in the Tivo? Could it be getting bad sectors?

I see you already mentioned the drive, I would give it a good test or better yet, image the drive onto a new drive while it's working so you don't loose your recordings and settings.

Last edited by Soapm : 09-13-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #7178
singemfrc

A little over 2 years I believe. Unless theyre using very substandard drives it shouldnt be dead yet. I dont want to risk removing the drive from the tivo. I'm not worried about losing recordings, I dont store things on the Tivo long term. Anything I want to keep I copy off with kmttg. I'm just wondering if I'm going to be forced to step up to the Roamio sooner than I had anticipated.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:00 PM   #7179
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by singemfrc View Post
A little over 2 years I believe. Unless theyre using very substandard drives it shouldnt be dead yet. I dont want to risk removing the drive from the tivo. I'm not worried about losing recordings, I dont store things on the Tivo long term. Anything I want to keep I copy off with kmttg. I'm just wondering if I'm going to be forced to step up to the Roamio sooner than I had anticipated.
I see plenty of requests for images for 2-3 year old Premieres pass-through. Although, the volume is greater for some models than others. The higher tuner counts seem to be pushing the limits of some drives. But, paying attention to what is requested, for what model, why, and how long it's been in service, seems to show that the unaligned partitioning of 4K/512e AF drives, in models other than Elite/XL4, would have an equally/greater premature aging effect, as the drive has to seek more, and rewrite more sectors, than if aligned. TiVo mostly aligned with the 4-tuner 2TB model, leaving only the SQLite partition unaligned. By the time of the Roamio, any drive it comes with, or you put in (max 3TB without having to prepare the drive, first), will be aligned when the Roamio prepares the drive for you.

You will remain guessing what culprit is, without testing the drive. TiVo's KickStart 54 allows you to test the drive in the TiVo. In some ways, it works best for stock drives, as you can use the non-SMART TiVo tests that measure sector access times, which even the mfg diagnostics don't do. Slow and/or weak sectors can cause your issue, not just bad ones.

See the related threads, if you want more help/advice/info about testing your drive. If it's not the drive, but a signal issue, causing momentary glitches (which may not even stand out), you are taking a gamble hoping upgrading to Roamio will fix what may be a signal issue.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #7180
cweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
The auto.log should give a reason for a show not being downloaded. Most likely it's because a matching ProgramId already exists in auto.history file. Some shows don't have a unique ProgramId for every episode and sometimes for any episode, and those you can deal with using "Treat each recording as unique" setting in auto transfers setup for that show.
These shows are all drama and comedies that all use to work fine (no news like shows). I believe it just started this last tv season. I would have thought they would have unique ProgramIds.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:52 PM   #7181
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
These shows are all drama and comedies that all use to work fine (no news like shows). I believe it just started this last tv season. I would have thought they would have unique ProgramIds.
You can check though instead of assuming. With a show that doesn't auto transfer selected in table press 'j' on keyboard to dump show info to message window and look for ProgramId. Then search for ProgramId in auto.history. Or as I mentioned look through auto.log to find reason why it's not transferring.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #7182
Soapm

Quote:
I see what you are talking about now. If you have "Allow multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" turned OFF and you are running a "vrdreview" task which means the VRD GUI is up and running, then kick off a "qsfix" task, you lose control of the VRD GUI. Looks like that happens for both V3 and V4 versions, so upgrading to V4 wouldn't help you. So for the flow you are using, looks like you need to keep "Allow multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" on and be bothered by windows popping up and stealing focus for your flow to work.

Just checking, you say using the "flow" I use, how can I do them differently?

Is the behavior with VideoRedo Plus? As in would switching to TVSuite change what I'm experiencing?

What about my suggestion of exempting "qs fix" and "ad scan" from the "multiple job rule"? Is that possible? That should allow those task to open their own VideoRedo GUI, do it's thing and close without impacting the one pending a "vrdreview" task.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #7183
rgr

Running 1.1c under ubuntu and just got the 20.4.4au update on my Roamio Plus.

Somehow Spotify is showing twice in the Music & Photos menu and I was instructed by TiVo support to do two service connections to clear that up. In my experience a reboot is also needed, so I used kmttg to do so. Used the reboot button - and no reboot and the TiVo was unresponsive to the remote. I could see the light flash on the unit when a remote key was pressed, so that part worked. But the unit wouldn't do anything the remote told it to. Ended up having to unplug the unit and plug it back in.

This happened twice and I don't want to test the reboot button just to see it not work again - twice is enough for me.

Can you look into this and see if the new software is causing reboot button not to work as designed?

Thanks.
rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:46 AM   #7184
moyekj

I don't have the new software yet, so can't check.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #7185
BigT4187
WDW Nut

Can someone please confirm that kmttg will work with a Roamio? I love the software with my Premiere, but want to make sure kmttg will work if I get a Roamio. Thanks.

TiVo Premiere w/WD20EARS 2TB Internal (317 hours HD recording using
!)

Are you a Walt Disney World fan?
Check out the award winning
BigT4187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:44 AM   #7186
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT4187 View Post
Can someone please confirm that kmttg will work with a Roamio? I love the software with my Premiere, but want to make sure kmttg will work if I get a Roamio. Thanks.
Yes, works great.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #7187
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr View Post
Running 1.1c under ubuntu and just got the 20.4.4au update on my Roamio Plus.

Somehow Spotify is showing twice in the Music & Photos menu and I was instructed by TiVo support to do two service connections to clear that up. In my experience a reboot is also needed, so I used kmttg to do so. Used the reboot button - and no reboot and the TiVo was unresponsive to the remote. I could see the light flash on the unit when a remote key was pressed, so that part worked. But the unit wouldn't do anything the remote told it to. Ended up having to unplug the unit and plug it back in.

This happened twice and I don't want to test the reboot button just to see it not work again - twice is enough for me.

Can you look into this and see if the new software is causing reboot button not to work as designed?

Thanks.
Same here, using 1.1d_beta. Roamio Basic w/20.4.4a

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:49 PM   #7188
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

"middlemindError"

Old 09-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #7189
innocentfreak

Quote:
I don't have the new TiVo software yet so can't look at the "All Channels" SPs. I blindly checked in a fix already in source code already to deal with channel named "All Channels" without a callsign as probably currently it shows up as "=All Channels" in SP list Channels column.

But I don't see why SP save/load wouldn't work. It's easy enough to test it for those that have the new software. Obviously searches won't return anything "all channels" related and won't be able to unless I'm able to somehow reverse engineer in RPC how to do it.
Just a few notes on the new season passes.

-They show up when refreshing the season pass list.

-If you try to schedule a season pass you already set for all channels, the show won't prompt to modify. KMTTG or the TiVo treats it like a different SP.

-The IOS app only gives the option to create a season pass when searching so it will probably need an update to address this so it might be a different command.

-Searches for me seem a little funky post update via KMTTG. I am not finding some of the new shows, but they are there when I use KMTTG to view the guide data for the day, time, channel. Examples: selfie, stalker, and I forget the other ones now.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #7190
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
-Searches for me seem a little funky post update via KMTTG. I am not finding some of the new shows, but they are there when I use KMTTG to view the guide data for the day, time, channel. Examples: selfie, stalker, and I forget the other ones now.
You might try "Selfie" again. "Stalker" shows up in the last day of the guide but shows no upcoming episodes. TiVos have had problems with data from the last day for a long time.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:01 PM   #7191
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
You might try "Selfie" again. "Stalker" shows up in the last day of the guide but shows no upcoming episodes. TiVos have had problems with data from the last day for a long time.
Selfie for me still only finds the episode from Faking It.

EDIT: Weird it only works on one of my three boxes. The other two show only faking it.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote