TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Spartacus:War of the Damned S3E01 "Enemies of Rome" 1/25/13

Good start to the season.

The opening scene with the blood panning to the boob was an amusing, likely unintentional, take on the "blood and boobs" nickname

I think they have set the season up nicely, with a decent opponent for Spartacus.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
mdougie

Just noticed this thread. I agree that it was a good opener with a competent enemy, and showing that Spartacus will have some of the same problems as Rome as he wins and his leaders become decadent.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
jeepair

Wish we could have had a few episodes showing the growth from 30 gladiators to what, thousands.

Crassus would have lost his fingers and or hands, you can't stop a Gladius like that and not.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair View Post
Crassus would have lost his fingers and or hands, you can't stop a Gladius like that and not.
That bothered me, too. Maybe you could say that Roman swords are not very sharp, except that we have seen on this show many times that Roman swords can slice off limbs and heads with little difficulty. Perhaps we are supposed to believe that this particular training sword was not very sharp, except for the point that Crassus used to kill the guy with.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
danterner
Not it!

Last night my wife woke up in the middle of the first episode of this season - normally I watch after she's asleep since the ultraviolence is normally not her cup of tea. She was immediately drawn in and we wound up watching the rest of the first episode and all of the second. I think we're going to go back and I'll rewatch the first season with her. I went onto IMDB, and I was a little saddened to see all the mistakes there (not by users, but by the site itself) with Andy Whitfield pictures captioned Liam McIntyre. I checked Xfinity to see if we could stream the first season (we can) and there were lots of mistakes in the episode descriptions for Season One there, as well, with Whitfield referred to as McIntyre throughout. I think part of the problem has to do with the way certain seasons have been given their own titles (Blood and Sand, Gods of the Arena, Vengeance, War of the Damned), but certain sites are conflating War of the Damned as being "originally titled" Blood and Sand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:

Last edited by danterner : 02-02-2013 at 07:44 AM.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
DUDE_NJX

Has the show improved since the middle of last season? I was bored to tears with it back then, and deleted all of the episodes. (I really liked S1. The next one after that was OK)
DUDE_NJX is online now   Reply With Quote