TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #4861
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

I'm having the same issue with pyTivo console displaying the string index out of range error, all of such was just out the blue. Was there any resolution to this?

Pytivo seems to be working ok, just receiving the series of the message repeatably.

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\pytivo\Zeroconf.py", line 772, in run
self.readers[socket].handle_read()
File "D:\pytivo\Zeroconf.py", line 826, in handle_read
msg = DNSIncoming(data)
File "D:\pytivo\Zeroconf.py", line 406, in __init__
self.readOthers()
File "D:\pytivo\Zeroconf.py", line 453, in readOthers
domain = self.readName()
File "D:\pytivo\Zeroconf.py", line 501, in readName
length = ord(self.data[off])
IndexError: string index out of range
Tried the Bonjour browser to display the Bonjour service broadcasts on my network but I'm not sure what I'm looking for as all my Tivos appear including a HP print server that I have.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #4862
mattack

Is there a way I can have ts on on one share and it off on another? I really want to have the same path shared both with ts on and ts off. I want ts on to attempt to transport that way so I get captions.. but many shows won't transfer properly that way (the converter from mpeg back to ts doesn't work)..

I used to have a 'global user setting' of ts on.. So yesterday, I tried to remove that one, and make two separate shares for the same path, one with user setting ts on, and one without it.. But the user setting of ts on didn't seem to 'stick' since the recordings had no captions from the one with the setting supposedly on. Again, it DID work when I had that as a global setting.. (and turning ts to 'off' on one of the ones with the global setting on didn't work either.)

..and yes, I did save all changes and restart pytivo.. from the settings web page.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #4863
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

It's only a global setting. I could change that... in the meantime, one thing you could do would be to run parallel pyTivo instances. Just give them each different ports and share names.

But I'd prefer to address "the converter from mpeg back to ts doesn't work". Please tell me more about this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:30 PM   #4864
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
But I'd prefer to address "the converter from mpeg back to ts doesn't work". Please tell me more about this.
I described the issue previously in this thread:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...0#post10103200

but I admit I didn't go back and do the *proper* test someone suggested (manually converting a file). I typoed the extension when I tried, and hadn't gotten back to it.

My "low tech" way of just turning on/off TS was working for now (and actually, I was also sometimes just transferring to my Tivo HD instead, which "just works" for captions.. sigh.. "progress")
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #4865
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
but I admit I didn't go back and do the *proper* test someone suggested (manually converting a file).
That was me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote