TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
Robert Lauriston

THR-22 network features besides On Demand?

Does connecting a THR-22 to a network give you any additional features besides On Demand? I don't find any of the streaming services my regular Tivo has (YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.)
Robert Lauriston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
You can schedule recordings on demand and play photos and music from your local network. Oh, and Swivel Search. That's about it. You're not going to see competing content providers such as Netflix or Hulu on a DirecTV box.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
celtic pride

I wonder why tivo has netflix ,hulu plus and you tube on their cable boxes,but not on the directv box?
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic pride View Post
I wonder why tivo has netflix ,hulu plus and you tube on their cable boxes,but not on the directv box?
Simple answer. Those three are competing with a TV service and a provider is not going to upset the broadcast companies by offering alternatives to watching the commercials.

When I worked for a cable company, we introduced the TiVo Premiere as a DVR option. We were TOLD by Starz that we had to remove Netflix or lose that premium offering.

D* and TiVo are also two different companies with different agendas. The THR22 is primarily a satellite receiver with TiVo software and therefore much less of the fee goes to TiVo than what they get from their own box.