TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #61
lalouque
Quilter-Cat Slave

Wow, did Korina look like a bitter Betty in this episode or what? Glad to have her gone.
lalouque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #62
Cainebj

That was the second most satisfying elimination this season.

What a sore loser.

The previews for last week looks like we are in for some more fun next week
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #63
Ment

Kini is amazing. Tim: 'That's crap and is going to get you kicked' Kini: 'Give me a couple hours...how about this' Tim: 'Winner!'

I think Char vs Korinna should have been one vs one instead of team vs team but yeah boy is she a poor sport.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #64
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Kini is amazing. Tim: 'That's crap and is going to get you kicked' Kini: 'Give me a couple hours...how about this' Tim: 'Winner!'

I think Char vs Korinna should have been one vs one instead of team vs team but yeah boy is she a poor sport.
They both should have gone home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #65
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Well teammate Sean wants her around cause she's the weakest.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #66
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
IMO based on the first runway Char should have gone home.

Based on the 1-hour challenge - definitely Korina - in fact I think the judges were being kind and she was being super defensive both times.

Can I blame her for feeling she got shafted?
No.
But she has been so nasty for the last couple of weeks it was karma.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #67
tivotvaddict
Creatively Challenge

Ding dong the witch is gone.

Boy, what a hateful person she has been -- since the beginning! She seems to think that the world is "fair" and she's having a tantrum because it's "unfair." She spent so much of her hour bit**ng about how unfair it was when she should have spent that time on her work. At this point I don't care if she's more talented (debatable but agree for argument's sake) than Char, she "deserves" to go home because she's completely and utterly unprofessional.

tta
Old 10-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #68
tivotvaddict
Creatively Challenge

And to follow my own advice I want to focus on the positive.

Wow, Kini and Amanda's stuff was incredible! How FUN!! Cute cute cute soccer ball dress and Amanada's ball gown was also fun. They truly are the dream team. If I had to pick one it's Kini, but Amanda truly does elevate his work to a true design level. His workmanship and taste is impeccable and she has the vision. I thought they were screwed with the storage unit they chose with no fabric, but they didn't need it. And Tim Gunn really gave some great advice on the ball gown (which originally wasn't a ball gown). I think these might be my favorite three looks (as a combined collection) of the whole season.

tta
Old 10-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #69
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I am wondering, haven't we seen something like the soccer ball dress before?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #70
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

This was a week where my husband's battle cry of "send them both home" was appropriate.

Korina totally dropped the ball on the part of the challenge where they were told to make it fashion.

She had a chance to update everything on the trip to Mood, and instead dug herself firmly back into the 1970s.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:59 AM   #71
jradosh
Newlywed

After this episode I'm thinking to myself "how will Korina hold her head up at the reunion show?". She was such an embarrassment! Perhaps she'll blame it on the editing as most do. :/

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #72
paracelsus

Looking at the preview for next week, there's more Korina to come...
paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #73
Cainebj

on another note

I just saw Amanda with a small role in this past week's Nashville episode playing a clothing stylist.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:01 PM   #74
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracelsus View Post
Looking at the preview for next week, there's more Korina to come...
OMG! Yes! Don't want to spoil anything..but she is so immature...on this ep (the one we are discussing), when she was sent to the workroom to clean up her space, she was crying and saying how she was hoping her clients could see how she was .... paraphrasing because I have already deleted the ep ... so great and all....well, it may be somewhat editing, but what this ep showed me is that she is an immature baby who can't take constructive criticism...

All the judges tried to say positive things about her 1-hour challenge dress, and they could see she was visibly upset, and didn't want to upset her much more...but still she went on and on about how she didn't feel she should have been in this position in the first place...

Geez...what a baby---waah waah waah....

..and I too saw Amanda on "Nashville"-thought she did a great job!
Old 10-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #75
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
OMG! Yes! Don't want to spoil anything..but she is so immature...on this ep (the one we are discussing), when she was sent to the workroom to clean up her space, she was crying and saying how she was hoping her clients could see how she was .... paraphrasing because I have already deleted the ep ... so great and all....well, it may be somewhat editing, but what this ep showed me is that she is an immature baby who can't take constructive criticism...
My wife made the same comment... if her clients can see how she talks behind people's backs, how could they NOT assume she would do the same about them?

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #76
tivotvaddict
Creatively Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
on another note

I just saw Amanda with a small role in this past week's Nashville episode playing a clothing stylist.
Wow, I was just thinking that she really has strong screen presence. Photogenic (I know the mole bothers some, but that could always be removed if it's a hindrance) and a good sense of not overplaying her "bit." Not a Nashville watcher but hope she picks up some other things.

tta.\
Old 10-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #77
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Not about this week's episode (but no spoilers)

Just wanted to drop in a note before watching tonight's episode. I didn't have a CableCard for a couple of years so I missed some seasons of Project Runway. I have DVDs for some of the missing seasons which I haven't gotten around to, but only up through Season 8.

I discovered that Comcast allows you to watch On Demand via an Android app, so I've just binge-watched Season 9. I saw Season 10 and onward when they aired, so now to fill in the earlier gaps, I can watch my DVDs.

Somehow the very different form-factor of watching the show on my phone made it less jarring and confusing than previous attempts to watch two seasons at once on my TV (via marathon re-runs). Weird, but that's the way it was. The fact that I already knew some of the designers from other shows like All-Stars may have made a difference; ditto the fact that I didn't start watching S9 until late in the current season, so there were far fewer designers to keep track of.

Also, for those who skip commercials, I wanted to put in note about the upcoming show Project Runway: Threads which is premiering Thursday, October 23. This is the PR equivalent of Master Chef Junior, with designers who are teens and tweens.

I have to watch because Christian Siriano is one of the judges. It's only eight episodes. I hope it's fun.

Details here: About Project Runway: Threads
Old 10-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #78
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

09/Oct/14 Fashion Week: Who's In & Who's Out

Just leaving a placemarker for tonight's show. We have tonight, and the two finale shows coming up, and it will be all done.

Who's ready for a new set of designers?

It seems like -- once again -- we get slammed from one season of PR right into the next with no break in between. If there will be a reunion show, there's no sign of it yet on epguides.com.

http://epguides.com/ProjectRunway/

Edited to add: also saw an ad for All-Stars starting on October 30th -- so we'll have Threads and All-Stars running at the same time? Oy.

So: what do you think of the judges' decision?

Last edited by murgatroyd : 10-10-2014 at 01:26 AM.
murgatroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #79
etexlady

I mostly agree with judges' decision. If they were going to keep more than three, I think they should have kept all five of the designers instead of letting just one go.
etexlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #80
Bob Coxner

To me, the only reason they've kept Char this long is to not embarrass Tim for his save. It was Sean vs Kini at the start of the season and it will be Sean vs Kini at the end.

I've only seen a couple of clips of Threads. I'll be curious to see America's reaction to tween gay boys.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #81
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
To me, the only reason they've kept Char this long is to not embarrass Tim for his save. It was Sean vs Kini at the start of the season and it will be Sean vs Kini at the end.

I've only seen a couple of clips of Threads. I'll be curious to see America's reaction to tween gay boys.
I disagree about Char and...

"tween gay boys"?????

I haven't seen any of the Threads clips but either they have a lot of gay male teens as contestants or that's a pretty homophobic presumption.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:48 AM   #82
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I disagree about Char and...

"tween gay boys"?????

I haven't seen any of the Threads clips but either they have a lot of gay male teens as contestants or that's a pretty homophobic presumption.
Nothing homophobic at all. It doesn't take any special gaydar to know that some of the male contestants are gay. Check it out yourself:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...s-preview-clip

Straights have become accustomed to adult gays in the media, gay pride parades and in their own family experiences. Twinks not so much. Note the controversies that have occurred with high school age gays, such as with prom dates and LGBTQ support groups/clubs. Now we're dealing with pre-twinks and I suspect a fair number of straights may find that disturbing. It will definitely make homophobes question whether being gay is an adult lifestyle choice.

There's an excellent movie that explores this topic: The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros. It's about a 12-year-old Filipino gay boy who falls in love with a policeman. The full movie is available on YouTube. Click on the CC for the English subtitles. He also sews clothes. :-) The lead actor was 12 when the film was made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z42YxfR7-LI
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote