TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
MPSAN

Premiere XL4 can not find this on Youtube!

I am not sure what, if anything, I am doing wrong. I was looking for The TAMI Show. I already had it in my Netflix list, but during my search on Google I saw that it was on Youtube as a full 1 hr and 52 minute Video. All I did was Google TAMI SHOW and the 4th entry was The TAMI SHOW 1964 Full Length. It starts on my Computer, but when I do a search from my XL4 it does not find it. Only 2 or 3 minute performances. Is there any way to search for this on my TIVO where I ONLY get this complete video? I put in the complete title and it still comes up with all of these single performances.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
moose53

I've seen this happen, also. I "suspect" that the Youtube interface on Tivo is sort of a stripped down version.

You might want to do what I do, search for the video on Youtube on your computer, add the video to the "watch later" list on Youtube. Then, you'll be able to access it from your Tivo. For me, sometimes the things are not available right away when I do this, so I force a connection ("Connect to the Tivo Service Now").
Old 02-13-2014, 05:11 PM   #3
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose53 View Post
I've seen this happen, also. I "suspect" that the Youtube interface on Tivo is sort of a stripped down version.

You might want to do what I do, search for the video on Youtube on your computer, add the video to the "watch later" list on Youtube. Then, you'll be able to access it from your Tivo. For me, sometimes the things are not available right away when I do this, so I force a connection ("Connect to the Tivo Service Now").

Well, I stopped it on my computer and told it to watch later.

I never saw anything regarding a Watch Later interface to Youtube. I will look again now. OH...I had to enter a code...cool, I will see what happens when I connect to service as I do not show anything in my watch later list!

Thank you

Last edited by MPSAN : 02-13-2014 at 05:31 PM.
MPSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #4
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Tami Show

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
MPSAN

Well, I did put the code into youtube.com and both of my Premiere's are now set. I then went to YouTube on my computer and started the show playing and stopped it. I then selected play later.

I forced my 2 TIVO's to connect. I go to find shows and go to YouTube All OK as it now connects, but when I go up a bit on that screen, in view later there is nothing. Do I still need to wait?
Old 02-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #6
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Yes, and I clicked the watch later box on lower right next to youtube. I want to see this on my Tivo and not my computer.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:11 PM   #7
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Have you logged into your youtube account, added the video to "Watch Later" or favorites?

Is your Tivo logged in, or activated?

Do you have an iPad or iPhone? You can select a video from it and have it viewed on the Tivo/TV, if the app on the Tivo was the latest update?

~~~~~

Old 02-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #8
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Have you logged into your youtube account, added the video to "Watch Later" or favorites?

Is your Tivo logged in, or activated?

Do you have an iPad or iPhone? You can select a video from it and have it viewed on the Tivo/TV, if the app on the Tivo was the latest update?
1. I have a Google account and that seemed to be OK for YouTube as I had to log in to add video to watch later, and I see it there from my Computer.

2. Tivo (s) are logged in and activated...just did that.

3. No I pads or phones.

Unless I am not waiting long enough for them to show on my TIVO, I went to Find Shows and on the right went to YouTube. A whole bunch of ICONS show up on the left and I do see that I am logged into YouTube. If I go up a few ICONS...which take a while to show, I see Watch Later with 0 shows. Am I doing something wrong here?
Old 02-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #9
moose53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
1. I have a Google account and that seemed to be OK for YouTube as I had to log in to add video to watch later, and I see it there from my Computer.

2. Tivo (s) are logged in and activated...just did that.

3. No I pads or phones.

Unless I am not waiting long enough for them to show on my TIVO, I went to Find Shows and on the right went to YouTube. A whole bunch of ICONS show up on the left and I do see that I am logged into YouTube. If I go up a few ICONS...which take a while to show, I see Watch Later with 0 shows. Am I doing something wrong here?
Oh, yeah. I hate the new Youtube interface ... it's so clunky and non-intuitive.

You said you see the icons down the left-hand side ... right???

When you first login to Youtube on your Tivo, you should see small icons on the left (vertically). You should also see big icons horizontally across the middle (my Tivo just shows three across). The first set you see should be "What to Watch". Up-arrow one time and you should see "Sign In and Settings". Up-arrow one more time and you should see "Search". Up-arrow one more time and you should see "My Watch Later Videos". Your video should be right there.

You've activated (http://www.youtube.com/activate) using the same login information on both your computer and on your Tivo. Right??

You've connected to the Mother Ship. right?? The Tivo only connects to home-base once or twice a day unless you add recordings from Tivo.com (those get pretty much done right away). So, if you're not near the time when Tivo would be making a connection to update your Guide and your Season Passes, etc., you need to force a connection.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #10
tatergator1

Keep in mind that content creators on YouTube can control the platforms on which their videos are available. It's not uncommon for music videos I know exist and have millions of views to be inaccessible via an iPhone. The same goes for the TV app. I'm guessing this is your problem. The video uploader has probably prohibited this particular video for viewing via the TV app.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #11
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
Keep in mind that content creators on YouTube can control the platforms on which their videos are available. It's not uncommon for music videos I know exist and have millions of views to be inaccessible via an iPhone. The same goes for the TV app. I'm guessing this is your problem. The video uploader has probably prohibited this particular video for viewing via the TV app.
It seems that way. I just tried searching for "tami show full length" or just "tami show" on the Roamio youtube app, and even my ipad and its not listed. Only on my PC did it find it (as shown above in my previous post.)

Edit: On my iPad, the video is listed as "Not available on this platform."

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 02-13-2014 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #12
MPSAN

OK, thank you all. I have done it all correctly. Why would they say it is OK on a computer but not a Tivo. That makes no sense to me!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #13
tenthplanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
OK, thank you all. I have done it all correctly. Why would they say it is OK on a computer but not a Tivo. That makes no sense to me!
The same reason certain videos can be seen on Hulu but not Hulu Plus. The rights holder determines if they allow streaming to TV devices, Tivo, Apple TV,
Roku's, Apps on Smart TVs, etc....
Old 02-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #14
MPSAN

Well, I guess I will just get it on a Netflix DVD.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #15
LoREvanescence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
Yes, that is true, however it's also not always that simple.

For example, VEVO videos do not show up on youtube on TiVo, iPads, and Apple TV's. But you can play them through the VEVO app.

One thing you can try is, if you can get it on your iOS or Android device in the youtube app, try controlling youtube on your premiere through your device, it will play the video on your TiVo even if it is not available on your TV which is one oddity.

An other possibility is the video is not H.264, which would seem unlikely nowadays but that used to be a reason as well as to why they wouldn't know up on the TiVo's.

3D videos are also not available on TiVo's or Apple TV's at this time as well, I have come across 2 VEVO videos now that were 3D and I could not get them to pull up on either my TiVo or Apple TV and iOS Devices. The strange thing was they were VEVO lift videos which are interviews with artists and not music videos them selves.

Lastly another possibility is parental controls. Some videos on YouTube are allowed to contain a Explicit Tag for Language and Mature Content, I have seen some content providers use them for Music Video and other Video Shorts and they would no show up at least on my apple tv until I found a setting that allowed for Explicit Videos, not sure if TiVo has a similar setting.
LoREvanescence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #16
MPSAN

Well, my wife has an Android SmartPhone, but I guess I will just get it from Netflix....or someplace else.

Last edited by MPSAN : 02-15-2014 at 08:27 PM.
MPSAN is offline   Reply With Quote