TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet
 
TonyTheTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,096
Sons of Anarchy - "To Thine Own Self" - OAD 11/20/12

Another 90 minutes of 'Houdini' moments!

I love this show, but it's amazing how many near misses they can have in one season. Jax getting away from the cartel and Clay surviving yet another time.

Must admit, I smiled at Lila's wheelchair and garter-style bandage.

Am I the only one who knew straight away that the gun deal was a setup for a shootout?
__________________
"YOU! YES YOU! STAND STILL, LADDIE"
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"
TonyTheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
VegasVic
Craps Player
 
VegasVic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Craps Table
Posts: 3,070
I enjoyed the first part of this season quite a bit but tne second part not so much. Good to see Donal Logue. Looks like Unser could be on the way out, one way or another.
__________________
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart.
VegasVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
Archangel00
Registered User
 
Archangel00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I enjoyed the first part of this season quite a bit but tne second part not so much. Good to see Donal Logue. Looks like Unser could be on the way out, one way or another.
Pretty much the same way I feel too.

Though having done it now it is hard to believe they didn't find some way to get Logue on this series sooner.
Archangel00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,333
TC CLUB MEMBER
Is Donal Logue there to avenge his sister (Karina), or did I miss something in the back story? Or do we not really know why he's there yet?

Either way, it was good to see them both on screen again, though rather short-lived for her.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
VegasVic
Craps Player
 
VegasVic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Craps Table
Posts: 3,070
I'm not sure why he's there and I don't watch previews so I guess we (or at least I) will find out next week
__________________
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart.
VegasVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Is Donal Logue there to avenge his sister (Karina), or did I miss something in the back story? Or do we not really know why he's there yet?
He's baffling. I'm intrigued. Obviously he has a lot of pull, for not-a-Fed.

Poor Nero...he really dove into the deep end of the swamp!
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,333
TC CLUB MEMBER
I've gone back and forth on Smits as an actor, but when Clay told him Jax was fine and he realized that his crew had nothing to do with him getting *ahem* jacked, I almost felt what he was feeling! For trying to stay out of it, then going in that deep - holy smokes!!!
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
uncdrew
Annie 2.0
 
uncdrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Down South
Posts: 50,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
Am I the only one who knew straight away that the gun deal was a setup for a shootout?
I didn't see that coming. I just kind of brushed Nero's crew aside as not all that serious. I didn't think it would come to that, but didn't really think about them much at all.

They applauded Jax for this "epic" move but wasn't it kind of simple? Uh, who can sell drugs. Mayans. Uh... who else do we know who has guns. Chinese.

So what's SAMCRO want? Just to fix cars and have some hos? That seems almost Norman Rockwell.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,333
TC CLUB MEMBER
Getting out of guns and drugs was John Teller's mission, which Jax bought into once he read his dad's paper on the club. I can see him trying to take things that direction.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:04 AM   #10
Archangel00
Registered User
 
Archangel00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I've gone back and forth on Smits as an actor, but when Clay told him Jax was fine and he realized that his crew had nothing to do with him getting *ahem* jacked, I almost felt what he was feeling! For trying to stay out of it, then going in that deep - holy smokes!!!
Yeah now that you mention it, Smits turned in an excellent performance in this ep. I've never really cared for, or disliked, him over his career, but overall I'd say I've liked him a bit more in his SoA role than anything else he's done.
Archangel00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #11
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 25,532
Another episode in which I'm sympathetic to Clay. He'll probably get whacked as soon as i start liking him.

I thought Diosa was out in the boonies but it looked like it was in the middle of a small town. Seems like a pretty conspicuous place to open a high class brothel and hope to fly under the radar.

Is there any point to keeping Juice alive now?

Gemma is going to get Nero killed. She should have told him that they were done. Clay will probably catch them together.

I hope Tara goes to jail.
__________________

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Is there any point to keeping Juice alive now?
That seems to be the question on Juice's mind...
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #13
kar74
hi.
 
kar74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Is Donal Logue there to avenge his sister (Karina), or did I miss something in the back story? Or do we not really know why he's there yet?

Either way, it was good to see them both on screen again, though rather short-lived for her.
I am drawing a total blank on Logue's character, and his sister, for that matter. I just see him as the EMT on ER.
kar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,333
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar74 View Post
I am drawing a total blank on Logue's character, and his sister, for that matter. I just see him as the EMT on ER.
Not to derail the thread, but if you have the time and access, and haven't seen it already, the one and only season of Terriers might be worth a look.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #15
Idearat
Registered User
 
Idearat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Gilroy
Posts: 3,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post

I thought Diosa was out in the boonies but it looked like it was in the middle of a small town. Seems like a pretty conspicuous place to open a high class brothel and hope to fly under the radar.


I hope Tara goes to jail.
I was also surprised to find it in town. If I wasn't so lazy I'd look up the original episode where Jax asked the mayor about the building, I'd thought there was some description about it being more remotely located.

Tara kinda got screwed on the whole Otto thing. She violated rules by giving him the cross but it didn't seem a big deal until the nurse was killed, so nothing bad enough to go to jail. That said, I find her annoying so even if she got railroaded and sent to jail I'd be happy to see her gone. But then what, have Gemma taking care of the kids all the time?
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #16
AliaDoh
Under the Radar
 
AliaDoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
Tara kinda got screwed on the whole Otto thing. She violated rules by giving him the cross but it didn't seem a big deal until the nurse was killed, so nothing bad enough to go to jail. That said, I find her annoying so even if she got railroaded and sent to jail I'd be happy to see her gone. But then what, have Gemma taking care of the kids all the time?
I think that maybe if we send more people to jail for just not thinking things through, maybe people will start thinking things through more often. She's a smart girl, but she does dumb things.
AliaDoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #17
Cainebj
Registered User
 
Cainebj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 2,737
been sayin this for 3 years
just kill Clay already and be done with it
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #18
markymark_ctown
Registered User
 
markymark_ctown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: C-Town
Posts: 6,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar74 View Post
I am drawing a total blank on Logue's character, and his sister, for that matter. I just see him as the EMT on ER.
ya, who is this guy?
markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #19
tlc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
He's baffling. I'm intrigued. Obviously he has a lot of pull, for not-a-Fed.
Spoiler as to what Donal Logue's character is:
Spoiler:
"Logue will play “brilliant and dangerous” U.S. Marshal Lee Toric, who is forced into retirement because of his history of violence."
http://screencrush.com/sons-of-anarc...5-donal-logue/

tlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:05 AM   #20
Ment
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
I didn't see that coming. I just kind of brushed Nero's crew aside as not all that serious. I didn't think it would come to that, but didn't really think about them much at all.

They applauded Jax for this "epic" move but wasn't it kind of simple? Uh, who can sell drugs. Mayans. Uh... who else do we know who has guns. Chinese.

So what's SAMCRO want? Just to fix cars and have some hos? That seems almost Norman Rockwell.
Well you had to get RICO off the clubs back and THEN engineer the moves to get the Mayan/Chinese connection together. Otherwise Romeo says no to the deal, why should the Cartel try and establish relationships with new people with new risks when the club is all they need.

Running the shop and the girls is what Jax wants, steady although perhaps not as lucrative income with a lot lower profile and blowback. Jax still has to deal with Pope the club was delivering extra coke for him. Guessing the play is to replace part of that with Pope buying into the Charming development. But a happy ending it not the aim of the show, so we know all that is going to go south and either Pope dies or Tig.

Last edited by Ment : 11-26-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:33 AM   #21
newsposter
Poster of News
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: SE PA
Posts: 32,923
did clay set up one of those strings that move if someone opens a door or just figure out that he better move the stuff out of the vent?

smits sure showed his allegiance this week, that should get him a seat at the table....until his crew comes back to kill him...he went off a bit half cocked

gemma is such a slut ...what do these guys see in her?
__________________
Tivo Premiere; Hitachi 57 in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #22
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP
 
NJ_HB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Piscataway, NJ USA
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
did clay set up one of those strings that move if someone opens a door or just figure out that he better move the stuff out of the vent?

smits sure showed his allegiance this week, that should get him a seat at the table....until his crew comes back to kill him...he went off a bit half cocked

gemma is such a slut ...what do these guys see in her?
I think he was suspicious that Jax called a meeting.
Gemma is playing the role Jax asked her to, which I think creates the tension between her/Clay/Nero.
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #23
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 25,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
did clay set up one of those strings that move if someone opens a door or just figure out that he better move the stuff out of the vent?
I think Clay had a tv epiphany.
__________________

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #24
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_HB View Post
I think he was suspicious that Jax called a meeting.
Plus every time Juice looks at him, he looks like he's gonna burst into tears.

Clay might not be a rocket scientist, but that level of math is not beyond him. 2+2=____
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #25
newsposter
Poster of News
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: SE PA
Posts: 32,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_HB View Post
I think he was suspicious that Jax called a meeting.
Gemma is playing the role Jax asked her to, which I think creates the tension between her/Clay/Nero.
well i also meant during the 'previous times' that she was with unser and clay at the same time

maybe when i get that old id be happy with her?
__________________
Tivo Premiere; Hitachi 57 in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #26
Fahtrim
Registered User
 
Fahtrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Plus every time Juice looks at him, he looks like he's gonna burst into tears.

Clay might not be a rocket scientist, but that level of math is not beyond him. 2+2=____
Clay has also been shown to be very street smart and a good reader of people as well in the past.
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #27
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahtrim View Post
Clay has also been shown to be very street smart and a good reader of people as well in the past.
Indeed. He's not very smart, but he is very cunning.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #28
leeherman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_HB View Post
I think he was suspicious that Jax called a meeting.
Gemma is playing the role Jax asked her to, which I think creates the tension between her/Clay/Nero.
Also, he's shown looking up at the vent and we can clearly see the screws holding the vent cover are loose.

LH
leeherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #29
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 25,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeherman View Post
Also, he's shown looking up at the vent and we can clearly see the screws holding the vent cover are loose.

LH
I rolled my eyes at that. I remember being a sneaky kid. You always made sure that things looked the same on the way out as on the way in. Juice is an idiot. He used to be the show's resident computer hacker, now he's just a crybaby idiot.
__________________

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |