TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-06-2014, 09:31 AM   #7501
jdwheel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrc View Post
Is there a page to make a Paypal donation to the KMTTG project? I'd like to make a small one. Nothing big, but I use the software enough that I'm willing to pay something for it.

I'm sure Kevin likes the thank-yous he gets here, but a thank-you with money surely is more enjoyable than a thank-you alone.
Like many, many others I am very pleased with the kmttg program and the high level of dedication that KM provides.

Kevin - since you do not wish to receive any funds personally for your hard work, is there a charity that is meaningful to you where I could send a donation? That would make me feel better about using your super program.
jdwheel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #7502
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwheel1 View Post
Kevin - since you do not wish to receive any funds personally for your hard work, is there a charity that is meaningful to you where I could send a donation? That would make me feel better about using your super program.
Sure. Wounded veterans really benefit from donations to The Independence Fund. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:23 AM   #7503
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
sanjonny, getting/preserving captions in encodings is easy. The struggle is to get them into a format that the TiVo can handle properly. The prime example is from DVD sources. I can encode DVD sources to H.264 in TS container with VideoRedo such that VideoLAN VLC can play it back with captions enabled perfectly. However, pull that same encoding to the TiVo (using pyTivo in a manner that does not transcode) and captions come out garbled.
Got it, since I almost never put stuff back on the tivo, I am not too familiar with that part, but what about stream baby? It seems you could set it to encode the captions forced for those that want playback with the captions (I think, that is but I am pretty sure that ffmpeg can do that, I know handbrake can) so while not ideal, I guess it would be one way to get the content back on the tivo with the captions though only thru streaming?

On another note, after reading the multiple questions about ports and router setups, I suggest adding to the wiki a link to portforward.com or similar sites which will help out people with setting up their routers properly.

And for those a bit more technical, you can reroute ports which makes it a bit harder to pick them up when people are scanning your network, but routing an external port say 13502 to port 8181 or whatever means you have to be a bit more adept to see what is going where.

I guess you could even via forwarding put in a local password page to protect the share access to the web videos - basically a double port forward or something for those that are looking for that, but for the basic people, the resources on some of the port forwarding sites can be very helpful.

And just so you have feedback, I traveled over the holiday and tested out the web service with lots of different phones and pads and the latest configurations work pretty well on all the android devices I played with and various systems.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #7504
gmbuchanan

Off kmttg error only on auto-transfer

Have just re-installed kmttg (great tool !!!) on a windows 7 x64 machine after rebuilding from scratch.

I can do manual jobs just fine, connecting to a Tivo series 2 via hardwired (hub and switch) configuration.

When I attempt to do Auto Transfers, I get the following error (URLs munged to be able to post):

STARTING AUTO TRANSFERS
2014_12_08_11:51:23 >> Getting Now Playing List from Greg's Office 2 ...
2014_12_08_11:51:23 h-t-t-p-s://192.168.3.143/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0
2014_12_08_11:52:05 NOTE: NPL job completed: 0:00:42
2014_12_08_11:52:05 ---DONE--- job=javaplaylist tivo=Greg's Office 2
2014_12_08_11:52:05 ERROR: jobData check: null
2014_12_08_11:52:05 ERROR: [sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source), sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source), java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source), com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobData.check(jobData.java:262), com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobMonitor.monitor(jobMonitor.java:126), com.tivo.kmttg.main.auto.startBatchMode(auto.java:111), com.tivo.kmttg.main.kmttg.main(kmttg.java:131), sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method), sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source), sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source), java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source), org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp.run(WrapperSimpl eApp.java:236), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]

This happens either while looping in GUI or via the service.

I have tried the following to no avail:
- installed from scratch into a root folder (i.e. c:\kmttg)
- Ensured 32bit JVM
- rebooted Tivo, host computer and networking gear in-between

Any help is greatly appreciated !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Error Msg.jpg (15.6 KB, 11 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt auto.ini.txt (435 Bytes, 5 views)
File Type: txt config.ini.txt (2.5 KB, 3 views)
gmbuchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #7505
moyekj

gmbuchanan, you have title auto match set with this keyword:

That doesn't work. If you want to match all titles then use this title keyword:
.*

Old 12-10-2014, 12:51 AM   #7506
mayeri

I'm curious, which version of VideoReDo do must people use - Plus ($50) or Suite ($96) ?

What does Suite provide that Plus doesn't?
mayeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:35 AM   #7507
wuzznuubi

Best way to see the differences in the versions is their own comparison web page http://www.videoredo.com/en/CompareProducts.htm
I use TVSuite
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:17 AM   #7508
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayeri View Post
I'm curious, which version of VideoReDo do must people use - Plus ($50) or Suite ($96) ?

What does Suite provide that Plus doesn't?
TVSuite has DVD burning options.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:48 AM   #7509
mayeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post
Best way to see the differences in the versions is their own comparison web page http://www.videoredo.com/en/CompareProducts.htm
I use TVSuite
I downloaded the trial version of Plus. I see that it can handle most of the tivo downloads, but not those encoded by a few channels as H.264. I presume I need TVSuite for that

A side question. I'm not an A/V expert - would Suite let me splice a ripped DVD and swap out the audio (music) for one section with audio from another (so same type of encoding) ?
mayeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:03 AM   #7510
windracer
joined the 10k club

I bought TVSuite back in 2007. I want to say that was when it was first released and I was already a Plus (or whatever the basic version was at that time) owner so I got a deal on the upgrade so I went with that for the full MP4/H.264 editing feature.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:13 PM   #7511
wuzznuubi

Quote:
wuzznubi, if TS downloads are troublesome and using PS downloads always works then why not just stick to PS downloads? Especially for series 5 units PS downloads aren't much slower than TS downloads anyway... If you were using series 3 units then perhaps I'd understand.
moyekj, TiVo TS downloads are still troublesome. Just my take on it, but seems the TiVo's can't encrypt to TS streams as well as they do the PS, especially those recordings with a minor glitch. After decoding some of the TiVo TS d/l's, they're jibberish. I have changed my TiVo downloads to PS and the speed diff is minimal with Gen 4 & 5 tivos. You're right, not worth the additional hassle. I have no prob's when capturing streaming TS (mpeg2 & H.264) from the Inet, just from the TiVo's.

P.S. Now I remember why I always put my TiVo's in Standby - If you don't, they'll record the EAS Alerts, even my 4 tuner Roamio while only recording one program at 3AM!!!
Old 12-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #7512
wuzznuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayeri View Post
I downloaded the trial version of Plus. I see that it can handle most of the tivo downloads, but not those encoded by a few channels as H.264. I presume I need TVSuite for that

A side question. I'm not an A/V expert - would Suite let me splice a ripped DVD and swap out the audio (music) for one section with audio from another (so same type of encoding) ?
You could alway email them and ask for a trial key for their TVSuite v5 to try it out. I don't regret paying for their software and they're continuously updating it and are active in their Forum's and email support.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:16 AM   #7513
lpwcomp

Quote:
moyekj, TiVo TS downloads are still troublesome. Just my take on it, but seems the TiVo's can't encrypt to TS streams as well as they do the PS, especially those recordings with a minor glitch. After decoding some of the TiVo TS d/l's, they're jibberish. I have changed my TiVo downloads to PS and the speed diff is minimal with Gen 4 & 5 tivos. You're right, not worth the additional hassle. I have no prob's when capturing streaming TS (mpeg2 & H.264) from the Inet, just from the TiVo's.
I have never had a d'l get garbled as you describe and I d/l everything in TS. A glitch in the recording causes the d/l to fail at that point and switching to PS has absolutely no effect. Until someone else reports a similar problem, I will continue to believe that you have a flaw in your process somewhere.

Quote:
P.S. Now I remember why I always put my TiVo's in Standby - If you don't, they'll record the EAS Alerts, even my 4 tuner Roamio while only recording one program at 3AM!!!
Precisely why I do the same.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #7514
alexofindy

One issue with downloading PS format. If you ever transfer them back to the Tivo, you lose the ability to see closed captions (at least on a premiere). The captions are still there, but the Tivo won't display them. You have to convert to TS before transferring to the Tivo to see captions.
alexofindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:31 PM   #7515
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexofindy View Post
One issue with downloading PS format. If you ever transfer them back to the Tivo, you lose the ability to see closed captions (at least on a premiere). The captions are still there, but the Tivo won't display them. You have to convert to TS before transferring to the Tivo to see captions.
Easy enough to deal with by setting ts=on in pyTiVo - it will remux to TS for you on pulls, so no need to do it manually. Also using ts=on means you can pull H.264 encodings without transcoding to mpeg2, so no need to push to get H.264 natively on TiVo.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #7516
lpwcomp

Quote:
Easy enough to deal with by setting ts=on in pyTiVo - it will remux to TS for you on pulls, so no need to do it manually. Also using ts=on means you can pull H.264 encodings without transcoding to mpeg2, so no need to push to get H.264 natively on TiVo.
The problem is with a push of a PS or even a decoded mpeg since ts=on has no effect on pushes.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #7517
moyekj

Personally I have no use for pushes anymore (now that H.264 can be pulled) - much prefer pulls if nothing else to avoid the copy protection BS that gets applied to pushes.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #7518
lpwcomp

Quote:
Personally I have no use for pushes anymore (now that H.264 can be pulled) - much prefer pulls if nothing else to avoid the copy protection BS that gets applied to pushes.
I've never been a big fan of pushes, but I do use it pretty much every day since it is the only way to get recordings to the TiVo that is not on my LAN. Heck, it's not even in the same county.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:01 AM   #7519
jcthorne

my problem with pulls is that they have to be done one at a time from the tivo menu system on the tv. Doing this remotely via slingbox is tedious at best.

kmttg cannot initiate a pull than I know of. Now there is an idea....

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #7520
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
my problem with pulls is that they have to be done one at a time from the tivo menu system on the tv. Doing this remotely via slingbox is tedious at best.
For me, there are at least two additional advantages to pull:

You are not dependent on the mind server

It uses the "time" value in the metadata. Therefore, if you have "time" set correctly, it doesn't matter in what order you pull them, episodes will be in the correct order in the group.

Quote:
kmttg cannot initiate a pull than I know of. Now there is an idea....
The only way it could be done is if kmttg could somehow figure out exactly what remote commands to send. Theoretically possible I suppose but not really practical.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #7521
jcthorne

Under the new tivo mind software, part of what is causing so much trouble with push at the moment, OAD is set to the OAD as stored in the Tivo database. Or whatever database they use for tivo recordings. Not exactely sure how this effects sort order in the display. Its different, as its not in the order they were transferred to the tivo, and push and pull transfers are now grouped together with tivo recordings. It could be sorting by OAD or another date rather than transfer time.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #7522
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post

You are not dependent on the mind server
This part appears to be changing as a pull now results in a recording on the tivo with more and different metadata than contained in the metadata.txt file. Same as for pushes now. Not at all clear what is going on or where this is headed.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #7523
lpwcomp

Quote:
Under the new tivo mind software, part of what is causing so much trouble with push at the moment, OAD is set to the OAD as stored in the Tivo database. Or whatever database they use for tivo recordings. Not exactely sure how this effects sort order in the display. Its different, as its not in the order they were transferred to the tivo, and push and pull transfers are now grouped together with tivo recordings. It could be sorting by OAD or another date rather than transfer time.
The TiVo does not and never has sorted by OAD. It sorts by record time. On a push, this is always the time of the transfer. On a pull, it uses the "time" value in the metadata, if present.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:26 PM   #7524
jcthorne

I see. Sorry for all the confusion.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #7525
lpwcomp

Quote:
This part appears to be changing as a pull now results in a recording on the tivo with more and different metadata than contained in the metadata.txt file. Same as for pushes now. Not at all clear what is going on or where this is headed.
For pulls, it's been that way for 2 or 3 years if the programId was present and recognized by the TiVo.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #7526
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
For pulls, it's been that way for 2 or 3 years if the programId was present and recognized by the TiVo.
Seems like they may be headed that way for pushes as well if they can get it working. Seems its not handling the seriesId correctly.