TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #31
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Abi just can't keep her mouth shut. That's her most annoying trait.
That's what makes Abi a great Survivor contestant. She's awful and evil, but unlike most awful Survivors, she makes for great TV.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #32
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

What a great conversation Alan Al...um...Penner had with Lisa. Man, he is really a very smart guy.

I hope you guys are right about Lisa and Mike splitting their vote. Because, otherwise, Lisa continued the path that Penner highlighted by trying to please the people who are mean to her (and not worrying about pleasing the people who are nice to her). A classic behavior, IMO.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #33
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
What a great conversation Alan Al...um...Penner had with Lisa. Man, he is really a very smart guy.

I hope you guys are right about Lisa and Mike splitting their vote. Because, otherwise, Lisa continued the path that Penner highlighted by trying to please the people who are mean to her (and not worrying about pleasing the people who are nice to her). A classic behavior, IMO.
I hated that conversation!! I said to my wife, when did this become Dr. Oz? I don't need to watch a motivational speech in the middle of Survivor.

With all the spotlighting on Lisa, do you get the feeling she's in until the end?

I usually HATE when they bring back previous players, but I am rooting for both Penner and Skupin to make it to the end. I like both, and liked them the first time around too. Plus, I don't find anyone else very compelling to root for.

On Abi...it's a double edged sword. On one hand, she's perfect to take to the end since NOBODY will vote for her. On the other hand, she's liable to say something that will blow up YOUR game. Artis found this out the hard way. If she had kept her mouth shut about having the idol, things might have been totally different the last two weeks. I can't stand her since she through RC under the bus...and btw, RC is just amazingly hawt!!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #34
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I hated that conversation!! I said to my wife, when did this become Dr. Oz? I don't need to watch a motivational speech in the middle of Survivor.

With all the spotlighting on Lisa, do you get the feeling she's in until the end?
But it wasn't a motivational speech at all. It was an extremely smart player opening up another one, taking out all her insides and showing them to her, then putting her back together; ALL TO FURTHER HIMSELF IN THE GAME. This was Boston Rob-like in its mastery.

usually, when they feature someone so heavily, it's actually a portent that they will be voted out. I guess Artis was so bland and uninteresting (plus what Penner and Lisa did was so memorable), they they went away from that.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #35
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:

But it wasn't a motivational speech at all. It was an extremely smart player opening up another one, taking out all her insides and showing them to her, then putting her back together; ALL TO FURTHER HIMSELF IN THE GAME. This was Boston Rob-like in its mastery.

usually, when they feature someone so heavily, it's actually a portent that they will be voted out. I guess Artis was so bland and uninteresting (plus what Penner and Lisa did was so memorable), they they went away from that.
That's what I was thinking when Lisa was featured so prominently at the beginning of the episode. Thought for sure they'd turn on her for being wishy washy. Glad they didn't, though.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #36
pmyers

Quote:
...On Abi...it's a double edged sword. On one hand, she's perfect to take to the end since NOBODY will vote for her. On the other hand, she's liable to say something that will blow up YOUR game. Artis found this out the hard way. If she had kept her mouth shut about having the idol, things might have been totally different the last two weeks. I can't stand her since she through RC under the bus...and btw, RC is just amazingly hawt!!
She's the perfect person to take with YOU if you aren't in HER alliance. She would be horrible to have in YOUR alliance.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #37
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
That's what I was thinking when Lisa was featured so prominently at the beginning of the episode. Thought for sure they'd turn on her for being wishy washy. Glad they didn't, though.
I was worried about that too.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #38
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:

I agree, when someone is featured heavily in an episode, it usually means they are up for being voted out...or....they are about to make a big move. I think Lisa has been so prominent in the last two episodes, not because of the threat of getting voted off, but because she's in the middle of the power struggle. So I think there's a chance she will be in for the long haul.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #39
pmyers

Quote:
I agree, when someone is featured heavily in an episode, it usually means they are up for being voted out...or....they are about to make a big move. I think Lisa has been so prominent in the last two episodes, not because of the threat of getting voted off, but because she's in the middle of the power struggle. So I think there's a chance she will be in for the long haul.
I agree. She was and is in a very pivotal position in the game...she's gonna get a lot of screen time.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #40
toddvj

The best part about the Penner/Lisa conversation is when she said "How did you know?" and he says "It's my business too." It didn't look like Lisa pressed him on what he meant by that.

I don't think anyone on the show knows about Penner's acting career, and I don't think it's been mentioned at all in the 3 times he's been on the show. I've always thought he was a great player.
toddvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #41
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddvj View Post
The best part about the Penner/Lisa conversation is when she said "How did you know?" and he says "It's my business too." It didn't look like Lisa pressed him on what he meant by that.

I don't think anyone on the show knows about Penner's acting career, and I don't think it's been mentioned at all in the 3 times he's been on the show. I've always thought he was a great player.
I'm currently re-watching Arrested Development. I will absolutely look for him in episode 21!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #42
crowtoo

I just saw a headline that Lisa has West Nile Virus.

I didn't click the link in case it contained spoilers, but I guess she got it while on the show. Here is the link I saw if anyone is interested and willing to risk reading a spoiler -

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...has-west-nile/

Chris
crowtoo@gmail.com
crowtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #43
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowtoo View Post

I didn't click the link in case it contained spoilers, but I guess she got it while on the show. Here is the link I saw if anyone is interested and willing to risk reading a spoiler -

Chris
crowtoo@gmail.com
There are no spoilers in that link. It's unclear where she actually got it:
Quote:
It’s unclear when and where Whelchel contracted the mosquito-borne virus, which has infected 5,128 Americans so far this year and killed 229, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. More than one-third of the cases have been in Texas, where Whelchel lives, according to her Twitter account.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #44
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowtoo View Post

Chris
crowtoo@gmail.com
There are no spoilers. She just found out she has West Nile. She says she's fine but tired. Here is the relevant info:

Quote:
Whelchel, 49, played Blair Warner on “The Facts of Life,” a 1980s sitcom about an all-girls boarding school in New York. After a 24-year hiatus, she returned to TV for the 25th season of “Survivor,” which finished filming in April and is currently airing.

It’s unclear when and where Whelchel contracted the mosquito-borne virus, which has infected 5,128 Americans so far this year and killed 229, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. More than one-third of the cases have been in Texas, where Whelchel lives, according to her Twitter account.
Based on that info (she's been home for seven months and the disease has been prominent in Texas), I think it's unlikely she contracted the disease in the Phillipines. However, it's possible that her immune system was weakened from her time on Survivor, which made her more susceptible to West Nile.

Here's hoping she gets better soon.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #45
pmyers

Skupin is like Mr. Magoo....accidents just seem to find him. How funny was it when Abi hit him with the runaway coconut?
Old 11-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #46
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Skupin is like Mr. Magoo....accidents just seem to find him. How funny was it when Abi hit him with the runaway coconut?
yeah that was funny:
"Are you ok?"
"Well I'm not gonna die"

Old 11-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #47
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
yeah that was funny:
"Are you ok?"
"Well I'm not gonna die"

KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #48
stellie93

Quote:
I usually HATE when they bring back previous players, but I am rooting for both Penner and Skupin to make it to the end.
I don't think it's fair to compare them to other previous players who, if I'm remembering correctly, all were voted out or won. They left because of unavoidable circumstances so it's perfectly fair for them to have another chance. Of course Skupin could have stayed clear of the fire, but as we've seen, these things just find him.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #49
brianric

Dalton's recap

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...e-9-artis-abi/
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #50
justen_m

I'm guessing she contracted West Nile in Texas. Interesting is that West Nile has been reported in all of the lower 48 states. There have been no reported cases in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or the US Virgin Islands. It is possible it doesn't even exist in the Philipines.

I'm a fan of Penner. He seems to be the best gamer. And Abi is great comic relief.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #51
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justen_m View Post
And Abi is great comic relief.
Really?! Absolutely nothing about Abi causes be to chuckle to myself or laugh out loud, or to even elicit a smile.
Nothing she says is clever, and she just seems like an entitled, immature, judgmental, bitter person who thinks she knows it all. You know ... a "mean girl".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #52
justen_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Really?! Absolutely nothing about Abi causes be to chuckle to myself or laugh out loud, or to even elicit a smile.
Nothing she says is clever, and she just seems like an entitled, immature, judgmental, bitter person who thinks she knows it all. You know ... a "mean girl".
I often laugh _at_ her for the reasons you mention above. I laugh at her stupidity.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #53
dfergie

The last last 2 posts... Abi will make it far because everyone hates her and she is clueless...
Check out the new Ponderosa videos, pretty cool. RC lost 5 lbs (but gained 20 before) Jeff 22 & Artis 19.
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #54
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Didn't she say she purposely put on 10 pounds beforehand not 20?
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #55
jay_man2
jay_man-also

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
I thought she had said 10. She was looking good just before getting booted.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #56
TampaThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
On one of the Ponderosa videos she specifically says she gained 10 pounds before coming on the show. When weighed following her dismissal she was at 133.3 lbs. which she says was a net loss of 5 lbs. She couldn't believe she only lost 5 lbs. in the 20 days she was on.
TampaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #57
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaThunder View Post
On one of the Ponderosa videos she specifically says she gained 10 pounds before coming on the show. When weighed following her dismissal she was at 133.3 lbs. which she says was a net loss of 5 lbs. She couldn't believe she only lost 5 lbs. in the 20 days she was on.
best 5 pounds EVER!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #58
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I watched The Night of Too many Stars over the weekend and it occurred to me that RC looks a lot like Katy Perry. I think that's why I find her so attractive
Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #59
pmyers

Quote:
I watched The Night of Too many Stars over the weekend and it occurred to me that RC looks a lot like Katy Perry. I think that's why I find her so attractive
I said the same exact thing and I agree!