TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.95 average.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #1831
Aaron Oppliger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 3
That is an amazing deal on the Roamio Basic! I also have a series 2 that's been in use for over 10 years, but haven't received that email. Did it include a promo code, or do you think it might be possible to just call in and request that offer? They should be able to see that the S2 has been on our account and active since 2003.

I suppose I'll try calling to see if I can get that promotion. I've been wanting a Romaio, and that is an absolutely crazy price.
Aaron Oppliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:40 PM   #1832
HarperVision
Registered User
 
HarperVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylocket View Post
I just received an email offer today for a basic Roamio for $149 with transfer of Lifetime Service for $99 available to those with 10 consecutive years on the same single tuner, standard def Tivo. I doubt that a better deal than this would ever come along, but I'm wondering if there are any pitfalls to making the change. Is the Roamio proving to be as easy to figure out and reliable as my Series 2 has been and can it be upgraded with a larger capacity hard drive down the road? I've only had to replace the power supply, fan or the hard drive a time or two. I was able to add an additional drive for more hrs, power supply and fans myself. Can that type of maintenance be done as easily by a non-techy like me on Roamio? I'm a little worried about giving up old reliable, but knowing that it works with an HD antenna is a big selling point since I may just give up cable altogether one of these days since the bulk of my favorite cable shows have either been or are being cancelled soon. Any input will be appreciated.
The only thing you may need to worry about is the Roamio features HDMI and analog composite video only for AV outputs, so if you want to watch HD then you have to have a display with at least one HDMI input.
__________________
Dave Harper
Director, Event Technology
ISF, CTS
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:36 PM   #1833
Aaron Oppliger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 3
Just gave tivo customer support a call and they hadn't heard a thing about the $99 service transfer offer. They did give me the $199 Romaio basic + $199 lifetime service offer, which is still nothing to sneeze at, but I'm going to wait a few days to see if any more comes out about the lifetime service transfer for Series 2 owners.

If anyone receives that email, send me a private message. If you could forward me the email to confirm the offer, the customer service rep said that I could fax it in and potentially get the deal. They just need to confirm that it's a real offer from TiVo.
Aaron Oppliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:12 PM   #1834
lucylocket
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4
Comcast. I'm sure we all have horror stories with them. I think the first cablecard may be free. Can a cablecard be used on each tuner?
lucylocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #1835
lucylocket
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Oppliger View Post
That is an amazing deal on the Roamio Basic! I also have a series 2 that's been in use for over 10 years, but haven't received that email. Did it include a promo code, or do you think it might be possible to just call in and request that offer? They should be able to see that the S2 has been on our account and active since 2003.

I suppose I'll try calling to see if I can get that promotion. I've been wanting a Romaio, and that is an absolutely crazy price.
The phone number is 877-289-8486. Your Tivo ID number (which they specifically identify in the email so it must be legit) is the code and it says non-transferable, single use valid through January 28. Other requirements are 10 consecutive years of same single tuner, standard def Tivo, and the only Tivo on your account. It doesn't say it has to be a series 2.

Last edited by lucylocket : 01-26-2015 at 08:27 PM.
lucylocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:44 PM   #1836
lucylocket
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Oppliger View Post
Just gave tivo customer support a call and they hadn't heard a thing about the $99 service transfer offer. They did give me the $199 Romaio basic + $199 lifetime service offer, which is still nothing to sneeze at, but I'm going to wait a few days to see if any more comes out about the lifetime service transfer for Series 2 owners.

If anyone receives that email, send me a private message. If you could forward me the email to confirm the offer, the customer service rep said that I could fax it in and potentially get the deal. They just need to confirm that it's a real offer from TiVo.
I called them to get details and what they gave you IS the offer. The $99 service transfer fee was for the two upper level Roamios, and the $149 was for something called a Mini Roamio. Sorry to get your hopes up for nothing.
lucylocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #1837
Fofer
༺♥༻
 
Fofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 72,259
TC CLUB MEMBER
There's no such thing as a "Mini Roamio."

Sounds like what you're referencing is the standard "TiVo Mini."
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:05 PM   #1838
pfiagra
Registered User
 
pfiagra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
The only thing you may need to worry about is the Roamio features HDMI and analog composite video only for AV outputs, so if you want to watch HD then you have to have a display with at least one HDMI input.
I would also add (from what I know) that the Roamio will regularly be accessing the internet for content as you navigate (e.g., pictures, etc.) even if streaming services are not used. This was an issue with the tivo I got my parents because they have a limit on their monthly internet service. However, since theirs is a Premiere, I simply switched them to the SD menu.
pfiagra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:07 AM   #1839
slowbiscuit
FUBAR
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In the ATL
Posts: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylocket View Post
Comcast. I'm sure we all have horror stories with them. I think the first cablecard may be free. Can a cablecard be used on each tuner?
You only need one Cablecard and they should give you the phone number to call to activate it when they give you the card. First card is free, assuming you have no other boxes on the account.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #1840
amandagal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
I just got the 10 year subscriber deal, so it must still be active. I didn't even have to ask for it. My Tivo had an ad yesterday about upgrade deals, but I didn't click on it (I looked here instead. I'm sure it was the current deal they just sent me an email about that was about $700 for the roamio plus and lifetime service). But, I told the rep that I had seen an ad about a deal and she gave me the Roamio Plus + lifetime for $499.98. I've been a customer since December of 2004.
amandagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:31 PM   #1841
jrtroo
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,813
woah. You won the lottery with both offers you received.
__________________
TiVo Owner
jrtroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:45 PM   #1842
kingmob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
Just used the 10-year loyalty deal on a Plus + Lifetime. I hadn't checked the forum for a while and just decided to see what the latest deal is. Lucky me! The CSR said that they couldn't offer the slide remote anymore, but no biggie.
kingmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:15 AM   #1843
shaggy314
Registered User
 
shaggy314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Blue county in a red state
Posts: 29
I got the same 10 year customer deal completely by accident. I was calling in to register my new tivo and see if there was a dela on lifetime service. They told me about the $399 R+ and lifetime for $99. I returned the R+ I was going to register and got the direct deal on the spot (this was mid December) about a week before my still running (3rd HDD though) Series 2.

Now the Time Warner has gone all digital the series 2 will be retired as it's too much hassle to bother with the mini tuner for it. I might see if it's worth anything on ebay.
__________________
Series 2, 340 MB
Series 3, 1 TB
Series 5, 3 TB
shaggy314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:27 AM   #1844
Finalrinse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 105
Just ordered a Roamio Basic with Lifetime for 399.98. Of coarse with 10-year loyalty program.
Finalrinse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:28 AM   #1845
CoryW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy314 View Post
I got the same 10 year customer deal completely by accident. I was calling in to register my new tivo and see if there was a dela on lifetime service. They told me about the $399 R+ and lifetime for $99. I returned the R+ I was going to register and got the direct deal on the spot (this was mid December) about a week before my still running (3rd HDD though) Series 2.

Now the Time Warner has gone all digital the series 2 will be retired as it's too much hassle to bother with the mini tuner for it. I might see if it's worth anything on ebay.
Did the $399 R+ and lifetime for $99 deal expire yesterday? This is perfect for my mother-in-law. I appreciate any other tips you can provide.

I was contemplating this which would have been $599 + $50 eBay purchase for the same thing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TiVo-Promo-D...-/221567055169
CoryW is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump







Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements





TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2015 DBNet - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.