TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
FJFbHj356y
PeterNE

Curious about other users # of series on their box.

I plan to definitely buy a Tivo at some point. I am just waiting for my Moxi 3 tuner to die. I have about 88 series defined. It will probably get close to 100 even with show cancellations in the next few months.

I have noticed that the reliability of recording an episode seems to be an issue with number of series I have. Although it could just be bad guide data related to my recording settings. I am seeing unreliable behavior when there is less than 3 shows being record in a given period, yet there are other new shows according to my series list. I have reviewed the start/end overlap between the previous, current, and next periods.

How many series do others have defined and what do you feel the reliability is?

Thanks
FJFbHj356y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #2
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

doesnt matter how many season passes or wishlists you have set... If you have a tuner available and the show meets the parameters you set, it will be recorded.

Sounds like your Moxi is already dying! :-/
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:24 AM   #3
supasta

The number of tuners available in relation to the number of shows scheduled should be your only limitation. So long as you have available tuners you should have no issues. The number of 'series' (season passes?) wpuld not impact this, unless of course there are multiple recording schedules at the same time. I remember an old thread where TCFers were asked the number of Season Passes they have. I remember some having well over 200+ SP set without issue. I have easily more than 100+ (mostly because I never go back in and removed the SP for cancelled shows or short series).

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #4
Bigg

The only downside to having a lot of SPs is that a Premiere bogs down pretty hard after making changes, but recovers after a while. I'd imagine a Roamio, with the way faster SoC wouldn't have this issue.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote