TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
sp1dey

Comcast lineup changes - Hartford area

Comcast in the Hartford area updated their HD channel lineup, moving the HD channels to 4 digit tier (1000+). The change just occurred overnight. When I turned my TV on this morning, the old channels were still present (in the guide), with guide info, but do not tune in. I went into the channel settings and see the 1000+ channels present, added them, but do not get any guide data for them (all say to be announced).

Steps taken so far:

1. Forced connection (no change)
2. redid guided setup (no change)
3. Contacted tivo and zap2it regarding the issue (awaiting replies)

Outside of contacting Comcast and spending hours going around in circles, is there anything else I should do - outside of waiting.

A search of the forums reveals this is a change they are making in several locations across the country, has anyone had similar experience? If so, how long until the guide data is updated to reflect the changes.
sp1dey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
WhiskeyTango

You'll likely just have to wait. You've done what you can at this point. It's just a matter of Comcast letting Tribune know that they have officially made the change. They may have actually given them a date already and just did it early.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
mattack

You unfortunately may have to make manual recordings for a few days if you still want stuff to record.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
sp1dey

Yeah, I figure as much... I setup tonight's manually and will do so each day if nessesary.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #5
Hi8
TiVoPro - wanabe!

Going to take 3-4 days

I contacted TiVo customer support via Chat last night, explained the issue, they say they are working on it, and the channel guide data should be updated in a few days. They said they were just notified by Comcast yesterday morning of the channel change!

I knew about 2 Months ago! unbelievable.

(3) TiVo THX HD S3
(1) Roamio - Basic 3TB
(1) PremiereXL4 & (1) TiVo Mini
Hi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi8 View Post
I contacted TiVo customer support via Chat last night, explained the issue, they say they are working on it, and the channel guide data should be updated in a few days. They said they were just notified by Comcast yesterday morning of the channel change!

I knew about 2 Months ago! unbelievable.
I called TiVo 2 month ago, and a week before the change, TiVo said they must wait for Comcast to let them know, I don't count. I even offered to fax them the new line-up, no deal. What a pain.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
sp1dey

FYI... Someone posted this on the comcast forums. This lineup appears to be the same and has updated guide info. Used 06401 for zip code.

https://www.comcast.com/Customers/Cl...CRedirect=true

I've switched to this lineup for now so I don't have to bother with manual recordings. I'll attempt to switch back over the weekend. I didn't go through every channel (to verify numbers the same), but for those I record from it matches - your mileage may vary.

*update* SD channels numbers are off with this lineup (I delete those anyway). HD channels seem correct.

Last edited by sp1dey : 10-17-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Newer info
Old 10-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1dey View Post
FYI... Someone posted this on the comcast forums. This lineup appears to be the same and has updated guide info. Used 06401 for zip code.

https://www.comcast.com/Customers/Cl...CRedirect=true

I've switched to this lineup for now so I don't have to bother with manual recordings. I'll attempt to switch back over the weekend. I didn't go through every channel (to verify numbers the same), but for those I record from it matches - your mileage may vary.

*update* SD channels numbers are off with this lineup (I delete those anyway). HD channels seem correct.
Good find for the HD channels

Old 10-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
justinw

I've also reported this on multiple fronts - Tivo and Zap2it. They both said they were "looking into it" and should have it resolved within 5 - 7 business days. But I agree, we knew about this 2 months ago. Why didn't Comcast inform who they were supposed to?
justinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinw View Post
I've also reported this on multiple fronts - Tivo and Zap2it. They both said they were "looking into it" and should have it resolved within 5 - 7 business days. But I agree, we knew about this 2 months ago. Why didn't Comcast inform who they were supposed to?
The 06401 zip code works great for all the HD stuff above 1000 on Comcast Hartford, there are some errors in the lower channels.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #11
Hi8
TiVoPro - wanabe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
The 06401 zip code works great for all the HD stuff above 1000 on Comcast Hartford, there are some errors in the lower channels.
Do you have to go thru the whole guided setup just to change the ZIPCODE?

(3) TiVo THX HD S3
(1) Roamio - Basic 3TB
(1) PremiereXL4 & (1) TiVo Mini
Hi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #12
lessd

Quote:
Comcast /TiVo just updated the system so just force a call and all will change including your season passes, no need to change zip.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #13
mattack

Quote:
Probably moot because of the followup, but there is a way to do a "mini guided setup" to just change ZIP, IIRC. It does only part of the process and is faster. I just don't remember how to do it.. something like hitting ENTER on the channel list screen..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote