TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
josborne

Is there a way to get HDMI and Component out at the same time?

I did see a previous post about this, but it was from 2011. I have my tivo elite connected to my receiver then my tv using HDMI. I just bought a slinbox and was hoping to use the component out on the tivo to supply the picture. I'm pretty sure I'm SOL, but wanted to ask around before I give up. Is there a way to get the Tivo to output both at the same time?
josborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
XIBM

Yes, plug it in.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #3
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by josborne View Post
I did see a previous post about this, but it was from 2011. I have my tivo elite connected to my receiver then my tv using HDMI. I just bought a slinbox and was hoping to use the component out on the tivo to supply the picture. I'm pretty sure I'm SOL, but wanted to ask around before I give up. Is there a way to get the Tivo to output both at the same time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIBM View Post
Yes, plug it in.
Exactly. I've got HDMI going to my Denon Home Theater Receiver (which feeds my plasma) and components going to my Slingbox....works just fine. What problems are you having?

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
josborne

I feel like an idiot. My TIVO is pushing out HDMI and Component at the same time without issue. The damn component cable I bought was really short and stiff(that's what she said) and it had pulled itself out of the back of the TIVO during installation. I was concerned about it working as designed as I had read from older posts that when HDMI was active all other output ports were off.
josborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #5
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by josborne View Post
I feel like an idiot. My TIVO is pushing out HDMI and Component at the same time without issue. The damn component cable I bought was really short and stiff(that's what she said) and it had pulled itself out of the back of the TIVO during installation. I was concerned about it working as designed as I had read from older posts that when HDMI was active all other output ports were off.
Them Red,Green,Blue buggers weigh a ton and really need to be supported near both ends by something more than friction fit of the plugs in the jacks.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:07 PM   #6
Bigg

I've had component cables that could unplug themselves, as they were so rigid that you couldn't get all the plugs in at the same time. Oy vey. Better made ones are more flexible, and will work on friction alone.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is online now   Reply With Quote