TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #7291
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Does the sequence care what screen, or function the TiVo might still be in, before it has had time to fallback to LiveTV mode, or what screen you would be at if you hit back from LiveTV mode?

I've seen the same thing again, where the TiVo right in front of me locks-up, as I had used the hand remote just minutes before, but a TiVo on a TV that is turned off, and hasn't seen a remote command in an hour just reboots.

I have noticed that there is sometimes noticeable lag-time between commands received and the TiVo acting on the commands. Maybe that 3 second sleep might be better at 5 seconds, as long as that doesn't create anything more than 2 seconds more until the reboot starts.

I'll keep an eye on things. Since I know how to check if a TiVo has started a reboot, without having to walk out to it, and know how to unfreeze one, if the function freezes it, I'm fine with leaving it alone. If I couldn't unfreeze one without pulling the power, like the other posts I saw in the update threads, I'd just quit using it.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:15 AM   #7292
wuzznuubi

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
You didn't mention rebooting your PC.
You a funny guy, ha ha.

After numerous days and hours of trying different methods found via Google search and the oxymoronish Java Help website and rebooting said PC between each attempt you mean? Heard Oracle Java has an offline uninstaller that I've been unable to find and it's a known problem according to a couple I.T. people I've talked to. Something about a reg-edit needed. Just haven't found the time yet to get to it.

When I find it I'll let you know that you didn't.

Thanks for the help.
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #7293
wuzznuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post
kmttg _was_ great. After being notified of a java jre update (was at jre-7u65-32bit) and trying to install it, I now have no java so kmttg won't run. [Win7-64]
Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of jre-7u55, 65, 67, 71 and 8u25. Stupid java update says (depending on bitness and version, either);
1) Installation failed. The wizard was interrupted before Java v# Update v# could be completely installed.
2) Close Programs to Continue. The programs listed are currently using Java. They must be closed so that Java files can be updated. (list of programs is either blank or contains 2 instances of jp2launcher.exe which don't appear in task manager as running apps, processes or services)

Ends up with error code 1603 and a suggestion to refer to the Java Help Center website (which is an oxymoron).

Now can't uninstall java as it no longer appears in add/remove programs and even JavaRa won't fix it.

After spending 12 hours this week on this stupid java update issue I gave up and went back to using pytivo to offload my TiVo and now I really miss kmttg!
Fixed it with judicious manual pruning of directories, files and registry. Apparently things left over from previous failed installs/uninstalls.
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #7294
fred2

Probably missed it in a quick search...

What format are the Saved Season Pass files? Can they be read and/or edited by some tool?

Thanks in advance.
fred2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #7295
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2 View Post
Probably missed it in a quick search...

What format are the Saved Season Pass files? Can they be read and/or edited by some tool?

Thanks in advance.
The .sp file is a JSON array saved in standard ascii format. So you can edit with any ascii editor. But it was never my intent to allow external editing of the file. If you really must, probably easiest way to visualize changes is to load it back into kmttg after making a change. If goal is just to display data in a more friendly way you can export to csv from kmttg.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #7296
fred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
The .sp file is a JSON array saved in standard ascii format. So you can edit with any ascii editor. But it was never my intent to allow external editing of the file. If you really must, probably easiest way to visualize changes is to load it back into kmttg after making a change. If goal is just to display data in a more friendly way you can export to csv from kmttg.
Thanks for the reply. I exported to csv which was enough. I was trying to figure out why my new Roamio seem to be capturing some shows twice, like two tuners were both recording the same show, same time. So I wanted to examine the Season Pass to see if I might have inadvertently doubled up on some shows. Does not seem to be any double entries. I may have done it myself when trying to force all four tuners to record to test them all.

Again, thanks for the reply and thanks for kmttg - really, really useful.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:27 PM   #7297
orinaccio

Corrupted video line

Lately, I have been getting video file outputs with corrupted video on the very top 1 or 2 lines of the video.

See attached screen grab image (corrupted video line(s) occurs above the red line indicated on the image)

Can anyone help me identify or resolve this issue?

Many thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corruptline_kmttgscreengrab.jpg (36.6 KB, 19 views)
orinaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #7298
singemfrc

I wonder if it might be possible in a future release, if it's not a complex change, to add an option for appending to filename if file exists rather than just cancelling the job. Maybe an argument that if resume downloads is checked then append, if not then quit.

I'm having to do a lot of resuming and stitching lately, and it's easier if I don't have to go back and rename the original file in order to download the second half of it because I usually already have it open being edited when I discover it's incomplete.

Last edited by singemfrc : 10-28-2014 at 03:08 PM.
singemfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #7299
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by singemfrc View Post
I wonder if it might be possible in a future release, if it's not a complex change, to add an option for appending to filename if file exists rather than just cancelling the job. Maybe an argument that if resume downloads is checked then append, if not then quit.

I'm having to do a lot of resuming and stitching lately, and it's easier if I don't have to go back and rename the original file in order to download the second half of it because I usually already have it open being edited when I discover it's incomplete.
There could also be a checkbox after "Resume Downloads" labeled "Append."

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #7300
singemfrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
There could also be a checkbox after "Resume Downloads" labeled "Append."
I'm talking more about just Appending a (2) to the end of the new file name versus actually appending the original file itself, but either or both would be helpful.
singemfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:22 PM   #7301
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by singemfrc View Post
I'm talking more about just Appending a (2) to the end of the new file name versus actually appending the original file itself, but either or both would be helpful.
I've implemented something along those lines for next release. If Resume is turned on and target .TiVo file already exists then the download changes .TiVo file to (2).TiVo. Similarly for combined download/decrypt .mpg becomes (2).mpg on conflict. It's a lazy implementation in that I don't check if (2) version already exists and look for a unique file name, etc. and for other tasks in the pipeline the associated files don't get (2) added to them - i.e. It's strictly only the download file name that gets renamed. I don't want to embark on the nightmare to add suffix all the way down the task chain so please don't ask for that.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #7302
moyekj

FYI, I got 20.4.5 software update yesterday on my Roamio Pro and noticed right away that TiVo has changed tcd/platform name for Roamio embedded Stream, so the Bonjour discovery filter kmttg uses no longer works and falsely picks it up as another TiVo. With next kmttg update, Stream broadcasts are now filtered out again. So if you have 20.4.5 software and see a (2) version of your Roamio Plus/Pro being picked up by kmttg now you know why.

Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM   #7303
innocentfreak

Do you think with the new IOS update it might be possible to track down what commands are used to create season passes on all channels and also create season passes for shows not in the guide yet?

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #7304
moyekj

IOS update doesn't help me at all. The initial reverse engineering of the RPC protocol started with "arantius" TCF member MITM attack which uncovered some functionality. Rest of functionality was uncovered gradually with a lot of tinkering and experimenting, mostly by me. I think that MITM attack loophole was closed by TiVo quite a while ago, so discovering new functionality is very difficult, and TiVo goes out of their way to make it harder and harder with every update. I'm still dreading having to try and reverse engineer another PKCS12 certificate + password since one currently being used by kmttg expires around June 2015 time frame. Last time the process was excruciating and not even sure if that technique works with newer IOS releases. Without that we will lose RPC functionality completely in kmttg.

TiVo developer program is showing some signs of life recently, and the API docs even give a TiVo contact for obtaining a developer certificate + password, but I highly doubt TiVo would give one to me for kmttg use and I'm afraid to ask. In this thread a while back (too lazy to go find it), someone was asking about something along these lines and I suggested contacting TiVo to see if they could get a certificate + password officially, but I never heard back from that person after my post. Would be interesting for someone to try it out (other than me). Somehow "arantius" was able to get one for TiVo commander Android app.

Last edited by moyekj : Yesterday at 06:24 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #7305
mayeri

Occasionally, when I download a recording with kmttg, the transfer will end before the full recording is downloaded. When I recheck the original recording on the Tivo Premiere, I will notice a video or audio glitch at around the termination point of the download. Why does the transfer fail when the Tivo seems to be able to play through the problem ? (sorry if this was explained before)
mayeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #7306
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayeri View Post
Occasionally, when I download a recording with kmttg, the transfer will end before the full recording is downloaded. When I recheck the original recording on the Tivo Premiere, I will notice a video or audio glitch at around the termination point of the download. Why does the transfer fail when the Tivo seems to be able to play through the problem ? (sorry if this was explained before)
http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/Resume_Downloads
Transferring to computer there's a lot of processing happening vs playing on the TiVo, and TiVo has never bothered to make the transfer process more robust to deal with these glitches. The bug has been around ever since series 3 TiVo early days.

Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #7307
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayeri View Post
TiVo has never said anything and if any members of this forum know for sure, they haven't said. My theory is that it is in the encryption code, since a TiVo-TiVo transfer works fine.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #7308
FredT

I'm setting up kmttg on a new Mac. Other than a couple of keying mistakes, everything went smoothly. One thing I noticed when downloading a file from the Roamio was some fan activity. This seemed curious to me because I thought that all that was happening in that step was a straight copy of the TiVo file to Mac. I discovered that the reason the fan was ramping up was because the GPU temperature was getting high. So I wonder what could be causing the GPU to work so hard? The previous Mac, a Mini, doesn't have a separate GPU and the fan doesn't ramp up, even though the download goes at the same speed.
FredT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:13 AM   #7309
fred2

I have restarted kmttg.

Disk usage reporting question.

I just installed a 3terrabyte drive. System info suggests that I have

Recording capacity: Variable, up to 477 HD hours.

Free Disk Space: Variable, up to 462 HD hours

But kmttg is reporting that I have 21 shows, 67gig used and 20gig free.

The graph of usage shows a similar result in the pie chart.

Do I have to tweak something or is my disk limited to the original recording capacity of the original disk? Or??

Any help appreciated.
Old Today, 12:20 AM   #7310
moyekj

If it's a series 4 or later TiVo go to Remote tab, Info sub-tab and choose the appropriate TiVo and click on "Refresh" button. That way kmttg will automatically update disk space to exact size available.

Otherwise when bringing up pie chart you have to set available space yourself on very top of the window and then hit return in the field when done.

Old Today, 12:25 AM   #7311
fred2

Quote:
If it's a series 4 or later TiVo go to Remote tab, Info sub-tab and choose the appropriate TiVo and click on "Refresh" button. That way kmttg will automatically update disk space to exact size available.

Otherwise when bringing up pie chart you have to set available space yourself on very top of the window and then hit return in the field when done.
What excellent service! Seriously, thanks for the very quick answer. I figured it was there somewhere. Swapping hard drives in a new Tivo can make one a bit nervous.
Old Today, 02:09 AM   #7312
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
I discovered that myself one day.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote