TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
danman75

Premier xl4 constantly losing internet

About a week ago i bought a premier xl4. I have it connected to my router via Wireless G adapter. The Tivo loses internet at least twice a day. This is particularly annoying because i am transferring all the progams from another tivo (my Tivo HDXL) to the new xl4. When it loses connection, i have to reboot the tivo to find that all the pending transfers have vanished from the to do list and I have to re-start the transfers from the HDXL one by one (only to have the issue come back again). Does anyone know why the internet connection keeps dropping? I have to other HDXL Tivos that are also connected via Wireless G adapter and never lose connection. Additonally does anyone know why when i reboot the xl4 all the pending transfers from the other dvrs are just gone and I have to re transfer them all one by one? It's extremely time consuming and frustrating. This xl4 has really been problematic. Im convinced the hdxl was a better dvr in terms of reliability and stability...Thanks!
danman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman75 View Post
About a week ago i bought a premier xl4. I have it connected to my router via Wireless G adapter. The Tivo loses internet at least twice a day. This is particularly annoying because i am transferring all the progams from another tivo (my Tivo HDXL) to the new xl4. When it loses connection, i have to reboot the tivo to find that all the pending transfers have vanished from the to do list and I have to re-start the transfers from the HDXL one by one (only to have the issue come back again). Does anyone know why the internet connection keeps dropping? I have to other HDXL Tivos that are also connected via Wireless G adapter and never lose connection. Additonally does anyone know why when i reboot the xl4 all the pending transfers from the other dvrs are just gone and I have to re transfer them all one by one? It's extremely time consuming and frustrating. This xl4 has really been problematic. Im convinced the hdxl was a better dvr in terms of reliability and stability...Thanks!
Any Premiere uses the net more than a THD, especially if you are using the HDUI.

As to the disappearing xfers - is there anything in the history about them?

Are you doing a hard boot( power cycle) because it is hung? If not, then there should be other ways to restore the connection.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
jrtroo
User

Well, I would investigate what is interfering with your signal. Wireless g is ok for guide data updates, but it is not well served for moving content/streaming. I have always ended up hard wiring my units.

Have you checked to see the traffic on the wireless channel? Most seem to default to the same value, so moving that around may help as a first step.