TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
jluvs2ride

Streaming from Windows Server 2003 X64

Hi y'all. First post.

I've been using my TIVO Premier to display media from my WHS running TIVO Publisher for WHS.

I am in the process of replacing the entire thing with a Dell Blade server I got cheap from EBay. I've installed Server 2003 64 bit and I am trying to determine the best solution for accessing my media from the new server with my TIVO.

Galleon and PYTivo seem to rather dated. I installed TIVO Publisher on the server and the service runs ok, but there's no front end to configure.

Any suggestions?
jluvs2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

pyTivo is not dated. Why do you say that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
jluvs2ride

Ok, perhaps I'm mistaken or made a hasty judgement.

Is PYTivo my best solution here? Do I need Galleon as well? Something that runs as a service would best I think. I'm not concerned about getting content off of my TIVO.

I'm also considering just re-sharing the Share on my 2003 server.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
jrtroo
User

pytivo works better than the whs add on. I use it daily.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
windracer
joined the 10k club

I have a soft spot for Galleon, but's definitely dated and on life-support. pyTivo is what you should use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
reneg

Tivo Publisher for WHS hasn't been updated since 2007. I'd go with pyTivo.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
jluvs2ride

Thanks y'all. pyTivo it is.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
jluvs2ride

Ok, I installed pyTivo on my server built the shares on my RAID volume and using the web interface I configured the Photo, Music, and Video shares. Very easy to do.

I have noticed that my Tivo only displays the video folder and all the videos are displayed together under this folder rather than being in their respective folders.

I've double checked the configs for the shares. Is there perhaps a setting somewhere I may be missing?
Old 10-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #9
jluvs2ride

Just saw the thread about this having to do with the recent Tivo Fall Update. Which occurred just prior to my bringing up pyTivo on my server.

I am still not seeing the music and photos folders.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
windracer
joined the 10k club

I think the issue with the 20.2.2 update is recordings not grouping into folders once they're transferred to the TiVo. It sounds like you're talking about the folders you have your videos organized in on your Windows server that pyTivo is displaying on your TiVo.

Check to make sure you don't have groups turned off. When browsing the pyTivo share I think the shortcut is to press the 2 button to toggle groups on and off.

If you post your pyTivo config here (taking out the sensitive stuff like your MAKs and passwords) we can check it out. Maybe something with your music setup is wrong.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #11
jluvs2ride

[Server]
port = 9032
ffmpeg = C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
tdcat = C:\pyTivo\bin\tdcat.exe
tivodecode = C:\pyTivo\bin\tivodecode.exe

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

[Video]
path = D:\Video
type = video

[Music]
type = music
path = D:\Music

[Photos]
path = D:\Photos
type = photo

Pretty simple. I do notice that the Music and Photos parameters are arranged slightly different. I'll change that and see what happens.

My Tivo recorded stuff displays in properly in groups. This seems to be at a level lower than the top folder.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #12
lrhorer

Well, it seems highly unlikely, but is it possible D:\Music and D:\Photos are not valid directory names? Is there a space or some other additional character in the names? Is it possible they are not on D:? Is it possible you are looking in the wrong place for your photos and your music? They don't show up in the Now Playing List (My Shows on some Premieres), you know. They are under "Music, Photos, and Showcases" 'Grasping at straws, here, so please don't be put off by the questions.

Last edited by lrhorer : 10-31-2012 at 04:51 PM.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #13
jluvs2ride

Hey, I appreciate any help. Fixin to leave work now I'll check into it more at home.

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #14
lrhorer

You might re-read my previous post. I made some changes to it just as you were sending your reply.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #15
jcthorne

You do know that music and photos will come up under showcases and apps, not in myShows with your videos right?

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #16
jluvs2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
You do know that music and photos will come up under showcases and apps, not in myShows with your videos right?
Ooooppss!! I didn't realize that. So that is probably it. I'll know for sure when I get home, thanks.

As of this morning however all my videos are still displayed under the single folder "Videos" rather than organized in their respective folders. I do have grouping turned on.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #17
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluvs2ride View Post
As of this morning however all my videos are still displayed under the single folder "Videos" rather than organized in their respective folders. I do have grouping turned on.
You may have grouping turned on for "My Shows", but clearly not for the remote view. Go to that view and press "2".

It's the HDUI/SDUI division that breaks these up -- in SDUI mode, pressing "2" in either location changes the mode for both. In the HDUI, they're semi-independent.

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #18
jluvs2ride

Yep you nailed it. This thing works great. In spite of my questions here it is really easy to setup.