Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Premiere Elite Network Issues

Hello fellow TiVo fans,

I started having some communications issues with my equipment, and I figured I'd ask here before dealing with the inevitable 2 hour phone call to tech support where they ask me to reboot everything and disable and enable things, of which I have already done to no avail.

I am using FiOS with a Verizon issued MI-424WR Rev. I wireless N router.
My Elite is connected via MOCA with an M-card in my family room.
I have an HDXL connected via wireless G adapter with an M-card in my master bedroom.
I have an HD connected via wireless G adapter with an M-card in one of my spare rooms.

The HD and the HDXL can see each other just fine, and can transfer shows between them just fine.

Just as of a few weeks ago(after the Fall Service Update?), the HD and HDXL do NOT see the Premiere in the Now Playing List. But, the Premiere CAN see the HD and HDXL in the Now Playing List. All DVRs connect just fine to the internet. There just seems to be a one-way communication issue. I have rebooted the router and restarted the DVRs multiple times. I disabled and re-enabled the Network Remote Control option on the DVR. I have disabled and re-enabled Home Network Applications. I made sure that Enable Video Downloads was selected. For some reason, the Premiere decided to stop playing nice with my other DVRs. It's worked fine for about 2 months, and just stopped communicating.

Just to reinforce my point, my Android app can see and control the HD and HDXL, but not the Premiere. It just says "Unavailable", and reinforces my thought that this is some kind of network communication error.

My initial thought is that the Premiere has stopped broadcasting its "Bonjour" discovery protocol for some reason, and thus cannot be discovered by the other 2 DVRs and the Android app. Since the HD and HDXL ARE broadcasting, they can be discovered by the Premiere and the Android app.

Anybody have any ideas on how I can straighten this out?
TiVo HDXL
TiVo HD
Retired: TiVo Series 2 ST, Philips Series 1 HDR212
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
tatergator1

My only question would be have you tried assigning Static IPs to each box, with the addresses being outside the Dynamip IP range assigned by the router?

Not sure if it will fix the problem, but it's worth a try if you're not currently set-up that way.

Also, since the Elite is the only one communicating via MOCA, perhaps MOCA is acting up?
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
ggieseke

I've read that turning off IGMP on the router may help.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

I will try both tonight.

Keep the suggestions coming please.......
TiVo HDXL
TiVo HD
Retired: TiVo Series 2 ST, Philips Series 1 HDR212
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote