Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
coreybryant
Texan at Heart

TC CLUB MEMBER
Blocking TiVos from Receiving Input from Remotes

We had to get a new entertainment center and sometimes (a lot) - the TiVos do not receive the commands - usually the dogs is standing in front of one of them.

Is there a device we can purchase to help fix this? I looked at a few products but I was not sure which one that TiVo Series 3 and TiVo Series 2 would work well with.

We also use Logitech 1100 to communicate to the two TiVos.

Thank you!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
poppagene
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreybryant View Post
We had to get a new entertainment center and sometimes (a lot) - the TiVos do not receive the commands - usually the dogs is standing in front of one of them.

Is there a device we can purchase to help fix this? I looked at a few products but I was not sure which one that TiVo Series 3 and TiVo Series 2 would work well with.

Thank you!
I find that the tivo slide (if you can find one) with the usb bluetooth connector works better in a setup where the couch blocks the signal of a regular tivo remote.
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
bshrock

Or this.
Wireless RF Remote Control Extender
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Eddief66

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
I use that one with a GE universal remote and it works well, even through walls.
Eddief66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
coreybryant
Texan at Heart

TC CLUB MEMBER
The Wireless RF Remote Control Extender - would I need two of them for both boxes and do you know if the Logitech is compatible with it?

Thank you!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreybryant View Post

Thank you!
Bounce the signal off of a white ceiling or a light fixture up there.

Unless this is in the bedroom, in which case you now have a perfect excuse for a mirror on the ceiling.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
HDRyder9

I have one of these and it works very well. http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
HDRyder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
SNJpage1

I also have the unit that HDRyder9 is using. It woks great. In my case one of the main reasons to buy it was because my receiver is inside the cabinet. However, I found that by putting the transmitters on the rest of my equipement I no longer had to point the remote at the device I was trying to control. I now point to one spot for controlling everything.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #9
coreybryant
Texan at Heart

TC CLUB MEMBER
Thanks - since they are IR, I am sure they will work.

On the TiVo Series 2 - we actually have one hooked up (to the cable box) so I don't know I if I could use that... Is there a "doubling" device?

And I suspect two would been needed?

One of our Akitas likes to stand there and sometimes I have to fast forward thru a complete section of a show - especially when he is eating a treat. And I cannot bend my knee, so walking is a bit difficult at times. I don't want to yell at the dog of course (but it is frustrating now)