TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #31
Rose4uKY

I just want to thank everyone for responding we really were unsure which route go and we keep changing our mind.. My boyfriend doesn't really want to have to sign a 2 year contract with Dish in case we don't like it and he's still concerned about signal going out with the weather.. My friend actually said she loves AT&T Uverse but it's only there internet is available where were moving not there TV service..

But anyway after reading about the Tivo mini's now my boyfriend wants to sell our Serie's 3 Tivo's and try the Premiere and the mini's. I've had Tivo for ever and got him to switch from his cables DVR and he loves it too. He does have a Roku for his Blaze Channel which Dish has but he will use the Roku for that like he does now. I want the Premiere XL4 with 300 HD hours and it comes with the glo remote. We keep changing our minds but I think were used to Tivo and I told my boyfriend as long as we have something I don't care if it's Tivo or Dish I just want to record and watch from another room without transferring like I do now I want it to be instant. We hardly ever are watching live TV it will be all recordings from the Premiere and Mini's most of the time..

Thank Everyone for responding I appreciate it. Now Tivo offered my a factory renewed Premiere for 324.99 with a free Mocha adapter or a brand new box for 349.99 without Mocha. My boyfriend said where are TV is going and cable is we may not need the Mocha but it would be nice to have. Has anyone ever bought a factory renewed Tivo? Do I get that with free mocha or pay 25 more for new box no Mocha. He did say he may be able to check with his supervisor and still get me a free Mocha with the new box for 349.99 but he said don't count on it but I can try. So will see but for now I guess were sticking with Tivo. Thanks Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
I'm not a 100% sure but I think Dish and DirecTV point there dishes in opposite directions.

I'm probably wrong and I'm sure someone will point it out, but if you can't get a "sight line" on one you should be able to get one on the other.

You won't be disappointed with the Genie if you choose to go with DirecTV.

Just got our Roamio Plus today and am able to return our 3 1/2 week old 2TB Premiere. Still have my Series 3 with LT and not using my other 2 x series 3 trying to sell them. 10 Year Customer.
Rose4uKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #32
Richard Cranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
I guess were sticking with Tivo. Thanks Again!
If you're happy I'm happy. That's all that counts.

One thing though. You most DEFINITELY want MOCA over wireless.

As a matter of fact I don't think you even have a choice if your looking at a Mini.

Oh, and is that $350 for a refurb include lifetime service?
Richard Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #33
Bigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
Direct TV will install up to 16 Tuners with easy hardware... going above that gets interesting
Yeah, you lose the SWiMLine setup after 8, but yes, they have a SWiM 16 separate Multiswitch with two separate SWiM halves and bridged DECA. I think you would max out DECA and multi-room not too long after 16 tuners unless you have a ridiculous number of HR34/44s. Also, if you watch that much TV... holy crap.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #34
Rose4uKY

It's 324.99 for a factory renewed with free Mocha and monthly fee or 349 for a new Tivo with monthly fee and no mocha but might be able to still get me one since I've been a customer for so long but not sure... Yeah we were told we need a mocha for the Premiere and that the 2 minis have mochas built in..

QUOTE=Richard Cranium;9722179]If you're happy I'm happy. That's all that counts.

One thing though. You most DEFINITELY want MOCA over wireless.

As a matter of fact I don't think you even have a choice if your looking at a Mini.

Oh, and is that $350 for a refurb include lifetime service?[/quote]

Just got our Roamio Plus today and am able to return our 3 1/2 week old 2TB Premiere. Still have my Series 3 with LT and not using my other 2 x series 3 trying to sell them. 10 Year Customer.
Rose4uKY is offline   Reply With Quote