TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
pdxrunr

Roamio Playback Bug

Can't remember if my Premier did this or not, but it isn't expected behavior and is frustrating and should be corrected IMHO.

You set a program to record at say 5:30 p.m. that is 3 hours long. It's now 6:00 p.m., so it's recorded 30 minutes and you decide to start watching from the beginning. You get a few minutes in, then decide to hit the Tivo button, go to My Shows and start watching something else. You then pause that show and go back to your program that you were watching (still recording, etc), but you don't have a choice to resume playing (or from beginning like stuff that has finished recording. You only get Play. It then starts playing from the beginning! Every single time you do this. Why wouldn't it remember where you were and start playing from there?
pdxrunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrunr View Post
Can't remember if my Premier did this or not, but it isn't expected behavior and is frustrating and should be corrected IMHO.

You set a program to record at say 5:30 p.m. that is 3 hours long. It's now 6:00 p.m., so it's recorded 30 minutes and you decide to start watching from the beginning. You get a few minutes in, then decide to hit the Tivo button, go to My Shows and start watching something else. You then pause that show and go back to your program that you were watching (still recording, etc), but you don't have a choice to resume playing (or from beginning like stuff that has finished recording. You only get Play. It then starts playing from the beginning! Every single time you do this. Why wouldn't it remember where you were and start playing from there?
I don't recall running into this. But I also don't hit pause before I back out of watching a show. I just hit the TiVo button and when I come back to it, the shows starts playing where I left off.

Edit: I just tried this again to make sure. It behaves as it should. When I go back to the program that I started watching and is still recording, it starts playing where I left off.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrunr View Post

Except for the pause thing you did (why) my Roamio has had the resume on programs I stopped watching in the middle. You can't be in the last 5 min.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
pdxrunr

Thanks. After more testing, you're right about being in the last 5 minutes. I was just going all the way to end of the ongoing recording, then hitting pause. But if you do this, you still can't make it start there if you back out. You can only play from the beginning. Doesn't matter if you press pause or press the Tivo button to back out. I can't understand why it would function like this.

If I'm anywhere else but the last 5 minutes, you can "resume playing".
pdxrunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
mattack

You don't have to "pause a recording". Just hit Tivo, and it's auto-paused.

and you actually CAN pause a show within the last 5 minutes, I just honestly don't remember how exactly to do it.. I do it "by instinct" nowadays.

I *think* if you hit pause, then hit Tivo.. it won't ask you.. But if you hit pause then hit left, it will ask you.

I once in a while have to pause something very near the end so I can "transfer from paused point" (which only works on pre-Premiere level Tivos nowadays) for just the very last few minutes. (e.g. a musical guest on a talk show)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote