TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
pmalve

HD Menus

I'm a new tivo owner and i have wht might be a stupid question. Actually 2 of them.
1 My Tivo menus, only some of them come in hd. Others such as my wishlist and recording options pages are in sd. I have the setting to hd. Any suggestions or is that the way it is? In the manual the hd screens that i get in sd look great and i would like to get those.
2 Is there just a 1 button option to get to my recorded shows menu? Ive had cable dvr's for a long time and you could just push the dvr button on remote and your recordings menu came up.

Thanks for your help. Amazing forum with a lot of good answers. Almost got my pytivo to work.
pmalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
CraigK
(unspecified)

1. The answer to this question will depend on which kind of TiVo do you have? The model number is on the back and starts with TCD.

2. Press the "TiVo" button twice to get to the list of shows you've recorded.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
pmalve

I have the premier xl4
Old 07-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
HomeUser

Hello pmalve, and welcome to the TiVo Community is 'p' for Paul?

1. When using the DVR with the HD Menus some of the menu are still in SD there is nothing wrong with your DVR. Most of the menus that are still in SD are under the Settings and System information. And as you noticed the Wishlist. Good news is TiVo is working on new HD menus according to this thread Changes in the TiVo Premiere 20.2.1.1 update
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret
There are a more changes coming this year, including:
ˇ HD version of the Season Pass Manager
ˇ HD version of the To Do List
ˇ HD version of My Shows for Multi-Room Streaming

2. The TiVo button will take you to TiVo Central press it again and you are in "My Shows" or "Now Playing".
Old 07-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
seattlewendell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
1. The answer to this question will depend on which kind of TiVo do you have? The model number is on the back and starts with TCD.
No, the answer to the question does not vary depending on which kind of TiVo.
The OP has some portion of screens in HD and some portion in SD.
The answer is 'yes, that is just the way it is', an no there is no way to change all the menus to HD. This is the same for ALL the Tivo models which is as the OP described, (part HD part SD menus).

Original question:
"Any suggestions or is that the way it is? In the manual the hd screens that i get in sd look great and i would like to get those."
seattlewendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
pmalve

Thanks

Thanks for the quick replies. Love the TiVo so far except for not being able to just push one button on remote to get to recorded list. Took a lot of patience to get cox to activate the plus channels as they kept saying I needed their whole home dvr service to receive those channels. Must say though that there customer service people were great. Just was hard for them to find the codes to activate plus channels on cable card..
Old 07-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
jrtroo
User

I imagine you'll find all sorts of shortcuts to navigate the menus as you use the TiVo more. For example, when watching content left will bring you back to the menu you were on when launching the show.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalve View Post
Thanks for the quick replies. Love the TiVo so far except for not being able to just push one button on remote to get to recorded list.
Pressing the Tivo button twice is pretty darn close. If you use a universal remote there is a code for a function named List that does get you to the now playing list with 1 press.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
pmalve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
Pressing the Tivo button twice is pretty darn close. If you use a universal remote there is a code for a function named List that does get you to the now playing list with 1 press.
I use a harmony 700 remote. With the cox dvr there was a list button but dont see one on it set up for tivo.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #10
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
I use a harmony 700 remote. With the cox dvr there was a list button but dont see one on it set up for tivo.
It's a legacy button from the S1 units, but it should be available in one of the Tivo profiles.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #11
HomeUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
I imagine you'll find all sorts of shortcuts to navigate the menus as you use the TiVo more. For example, when watching content left will bring you back to the menu you were on when launching the show.
TiVo remote control shortcuts that you may also find handy New Almost Complete TiVo Codes List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203
10. Shortcuts
Backdoor mode not required, listed here for completeness.

TiVo 0 - Plays the TiVo guy boot movie
TiVo 1 - Goes to the Now Playing list. (in 2.5, goes to the Season Pass Manager)
TiVo 2 - Goes to the To Do list.
TiVo 3 - Goes to Wishlists (in 2.x+)
TiVo 4 - Goes to the "Browse By Name" screen.
TiVo 5 - Goes to the "Browse By Channel" screen in 1.3, and to "LiveTV" in 2.0. No, nobody knows why they changed it. They changed it back to "Browse by Channel" for 2.5 though.
TiVo 6 - Goes to the "Browse By Time" screen.
TiVo 7 - Goes to the "Record Time/Channel" screen (manual record).
TiVo 8 - Goes to the "TiVo's Suggestions" screen.
TiVo 9 - Goes to the "Network Showcases" screen.
TiVo TiVo - Goes to the Now Playing List (in 2.x+)
TiVo Slow (4.0 only) - Goes to "Messages and Setup"

Old 07-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #12
caddyroger

I have the Logitech 880 and Harmoney one remote. I was using some of the older tivo models as the code for the remotes. Some how when programing the 880 remote a list button show up. I now have a list icon on my screen to list all of my recorded shows.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
I don't think 'List' is one of the preset commands that Logitec uses in the standard TiVo setup.
I use an 880 and (IIRC) had to manually add the 'List' command when programming the additional buttons.

Does the 700 have additional buttons that you can program? Check your Logitec software. Under the activity that involves your Tivo, click 'Customize Buttons'. You should have a 'Standard Buttons' and a 'Additional Buttons' tab. Go to the additional buttons tab. When programming an extra button, the List command should be in the drop down window of choices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeUser View Post
TiVo remote control shortcuts that you may also find handy New Almost Complete TiVo Codes List
A lot of those shortcuts either don't work at all or work differently if you're using the HDUI. 0,1,2 & 3 still work as before. 4 goes to the HDUI Search and 5 to "Browse TV & Movies". 6-9 don't do anything.

Edit: Slow toggles the video window on and off.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote