TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
TiVoTom

Considering TiVo and Xfinity

I had TiVo years ago with DirecTV and really miss it.

I have Uverse now but am just starting to consider switching to TiVo and Xfinity but I have a few questions:

1. I have 3 TVs. If I have TiVo on one and Xfinity boxes on the other two how will that work?

2. I read in an Amazon review of the Premium TiVo that there is a lot of TiVo generated advertising. Is that the case and is it a problem?

3. Does the new TiVo work as well as the old DirecTV TiVo's as far as Wish List and scheduling programs? Anything new that will blow me away.

4. With Uverse they advertise recording 4 HD shows at the same time. Turns out it all depends on the copper length to your house. I get 2 HD and one SD stream. Are there any similar gotcha's with Xfininty?

5. I hear rumors of a 6 tuner TiVo. Sill Xfinity support that?

Any other thoughts or suggestions regarding switching from Uverse to Xfinity and TiVo?

Thanks,
Tom
TiVoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
mattack

Premiere 4 and Premiere 4 XL (I think that's what it's called, the main difference is hard drive size), record 4 channels at once.

Yes, they work as well as your DirecTivo.. Better, since you can download (non protected) shows to a computer, or use with a Tivo Stream, etc.

Tivos have some ads, but they are MUCH less intrusive than what I've ever seen on cable boxes.

I hate ads, and wish I could pay EXTRA for no ads, but again, Tivo's level of ads is FAR less objectionable than others, even though they're "all over the place".. They're in inconspicuous places in most cases.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
TiVoTom

Thanks mattack.

Any thoughts on how a mix of TiVo and Xfininty boxes will work together?
TiVoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
supasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoTom View Post
Any thoughts on how a mix of TiVo and Xfininty boxes will work together?
They won't (work together). The Xfinity boxes will work as they do. The TiVo will work as it does.

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
markp99
TakoKichi

I ran my Xfinity box beside my TiVo S3 box to permit access to on-demand stuff. Would just switch inputs to select the desired source. As noted above, they do not interact.

Fortunately, Xfinity on-demand stuff is supported by TiVo Premier in my area, so OUT went the cable box!

Woohoo!
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote