TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
babyfragthief

help with questions

I am an avid tivo owner, series 2&3,w/wireless, using external drive to write(faster than desktop) using roxio toast pro for mac/lion....happily transferring shows, for the past year, until two weeks ago, I lost my tivo transfer window, and for you who know about the toast program, it is the the bank for all shows transferred to mac from Tivo,....it will not come up, it says restore window, and when I do, it goes to error, tivo transferquit ect...I have talked to the forum in Roxio, and(tsantee) has been able to help me in past, suggested to go to library, delete plist file, which I did, and it still will not upload, I Uninstallled and re installed multiple time's, but no avail..... it was suggested that I use iTivo....can I still use the dvd recording part of the roxio program, will itivo show up in my media lineup? I read some about program, don't understand so much, where does shows, go, when transferred, do they go in a folders, that keeps them dated and labeled....like for instance, I was collecting all the law and order svu, and had banked quite a number of shows, till(not to program limit point) but so I could have them to burn to dvd in consecutive order.....(which I delete, in transfer, hard drive, and on tivo when burned to disc) ....yes, i need help, thanks in advance
babyfragthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Have you tried to restart the Tivo?

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
babyfragthief

Cool tivo transfer window

yes, I restarted, re-connected and pulled out both plugs,i did that first, before un-installing the toast pro program, did the same with the hd wireless eye's...I would like to know some things about itivo, before I install it, any users can answer mQ about it...I can only gleam some of it, like after install, the shows go to iTunes.(do you get a menu, or can it be run thru the toast program in my media list, what format will it copy in, act)..and then you transfer from iTunes to disc, i don't keep any shows, just burn and delete, i don't think i want them in there.in iTunes...i have read all the faq, but when you already use another program, and goes south, and you need some sort of working order of things, on a download, from the universe, that does not give you many answers that you need,,, to parody a pink floyd verse, is anybody out there......lol thanks in advance
babyfragthief is offline   Reply With Quote