TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 95 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:15 PM   #2131
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Call back and get another CSR. Many have gotten the loyalty deal, with younger account histories than yours.

CSR Roulette is alive and well at TiVo, Inc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:32 PM   #2132
Mikeguy

I received the loyalty offer email around 3 months before my 10-year anniversary. When I called TiVo (as the email said to do) and asked about the offer, the rep. told me that I did not qualify, as it was not a full 10 years yet; when I told him that I had received the email and was calling in response to that, he said that he had some (small) leeway and could give me the deal (I found this lack of consistency odd).

One thing I noticed when I called back about the offer later that day: the new rep. had a record of the call I had with the first rep. and even referred to it. And then she sweetened the deal by also offering me a free glow remote.

For what it's worth, I recall seeing a post here saying that the TiVo customer/poster got the deal at around 7 years.

Mikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:57 PM   #2133
buddhawood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gespears View Post
I was wondering about that. Has anybody who has a Roamio on the same account as their S3 received a code?

That could be the determining factor.
I have a Roamio on my account and I got a code for both my S2 and S3.

buddhawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 03-26-2015, 03:23 AM   #2134
seattlewendell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gespears View Post
The codes are tied to the user's Amazon account so nobody can use it but the one who receives the code.

I have a HD as well and I never got a code. I called Amazon and they said it was TiVo that was dictating who gets the codes and they couldn't send me one. They said TiVo would have to set it up.

It was a very frustrating call. I'm not sure what the criteria is for who gets one and who doesn't. They did say they are sending them out in batches. So maybe there is still hope.
Yeah I just went look in my account to see how many Tivo's I have purchased over the years directly from Amazon. The number is 4. I purchased by S3 and Premiere from them. Very frustrating indeed.

seattlewendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 03-26-2015, 07:02 AM   #2135
acadiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlewendell View Post
Yeah I just went look in my account to see how many Tivo's I have purchased over the years directly from Amazon. The number is 4. I purchased by S3 and Premiere from them. Very frustrating indeed.
I escalated with Amazon customer service (or asked for the ticket to get escalated), and provided them my S3 order number from 2007.

After a few days, I finally got the email with the $100 discount code.

So, be persistent. Have your Amazon order numbers ready. I linked to an article about how their streaming service is being cut off on April 13th for S3 models, asked why I didn't get a $100 discount code, etc. They came back with a canned answer, and then I went further into detail and asked for escalation. I think that's the key.

On a side note, has anyone either gotten TiVo to price match the basic Roamio model with Amazon ($145) and tell them you have a coupon code for $100 off from Amazon, making it $45? I also got the $200 lifetime offer for being with them over 10 years with active units, so that would be sweet if I could get away with around $250 for everything.

acadiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #2136
psywzrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadiel View Post
On a side note, has anyone either gotten TiVo to price match the basic Roamio model with Amazon ($145) and tell them you have a coupon code for $100 off from Amazon, making it $45? I also got the $200 lifetime offer for being with them over 10 years with active units, so that would be sweet if I could get away with around $250 for everything.
I tried to get Tivo to price match for a Pro and they refused (they said they don't price match with anyone except themselves?).

psywzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:39 PM   #2137
mae

Loyalty offer is still available

I just ordered a Roamio Plus with the $99 lifetime (have an active account going back to my Sony S1 in 2000).

CSR would not take my March Madness code for $100 additional off (PM me if you want it) or throw in a slide remote. Said they weren't allowed to anymore, but offered a TiVo plush doll, which I took.

Will be selling my base model, with lifetime and 4 year BB warranty (3 years left) once I get it set up.

mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 03-31-2015, 01:51 AM   #2138
Mikeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae View Post
CSR would not take my March Madness code for $100 additional off (PM me if you want it) or throw in a slide remote. Said they weren't allowed to anymore, but offered a TiVo plush doll, which I took.
Ooooh, a TiVo plush doll. Ooooh, ahhhhhh.

P.S. Thanks for my TiVo chuckle for the day.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:10 AM   #2139
rsnaider

Ordered a plus on Saturday with the $99 Lifetime (user since 2002) and was able to get the free remote as well.

CSR have the option to give the remote but not all will.

I have 2 boxes set to arrive on Thursday

TiVo Roamio Pro
TiVo Roamio Pro - WD 1TB Expander
TiVo Premier - WD 1TB Expander
TiVo Premier XL
TiVo Mini
rsnaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:45 PM   #2140
Mikeguy

I wonder if throwing in a remote depends on if you've already walked away from a TiVo deal. I wasn't offered a remote in my first call to TiVo about a possible purchase, during which I told the rep. that I wasn't yet ready to order and had to think about things; it was only during my second call in that the offer was sweetened. Almost feels like a new car negotiation.

To TiVo's credit, it did serve to clinch the deal at that point.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:52 PM   #2141
rsnaider

I had the same experience, I called initially on Friday to get the pricing and see if I qualify, but did not place the order until Saturday.

On Friday I was told they were no longer offering the remotes, but on Saturday I was told every CSR has the option to sweeten the deal.

I guess for all that are told no, wait a day and call back.

TiVo Roamio Pro
TiVo Roamio Pro - WD 1TB Expander
TiVo Premier - WD 1TB Expander
TiVo Premier XL
TiVo Mini
rsnaider is offline   Reply With Quote