TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
thenightfly42
Seņor Senior, Jr.

Does Roamio improve HD preferred wishilsts?

I'm moving up to a Roamio from a HDXL. With my old TiVo, in order to wishlist record my NFL team in HD when available and SD when not, I had to use the method described here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=419994
Quote:
If you want to record from the HD channel when a HD version of a program is available, and record the SD channel when no HD version is available (or flagged as HD), then create two identical wishlists, with the only difference being the category of HD. Give the wishlist with the HD category a higher priority in Season Pass Manager.
Is this still an issue with the Roamio (or even the Series 4 boxes)? All the threads I found regarding this were in pretty old threads, and I didn't see it in the FAQ page for the Premiere units: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=419994
thenightfly42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
LI-SVT

I'll tell you how it works with my Premier...

A Wishlist will record the HD version of any program with out having to specify "HD" if it is available in HD and SD. For me this is true even though the HD channel numbers are higher.

The only problem I have run into is ocasionally the guide data gets populated wierd and the Wishlist only picks up the SD match. This is very rare and really only happens with live sports.
LI-SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
AdamNJ

I can't be certain about this, but I setup season passes and wishlists for everything that I had on my old cable company DVR. For whatever didn't exist for a season pass, I had to do the WL. After I was done, I went into the season pass / wishlist management and was able to modify each to say HD Only = yes. That should take care of your issue.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
thenightfly42
Seņor Senior, Jr.

Thanks LI-SVT, that sounds promising. I'll try it next week and see what happens.

AdamNJ, sometimes my team is only in SD, so I can't do just HD in the options.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
Bwatford141

I've always gone through the channel list and deleted duplicate channels and SD channels that are available in HD.

Tivo button -> Messages and Settings -> Settings -> Channels -> Channel List

Doing this also condenses your channel guide so your not having to scroll though channels you would never watch.
Bwatford141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
thenightfly42
Seņor Senior, Jr.

That doesn't help me, Bwatford. I get the New York channels in HD and SD, and the New England channels in SD only. There are times that the broadcast is only in SD, and other times when it is in both, which is why I want 'HD preferred' as an option.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
thenightfly42
Seņor Senior, Jr.

For the record, on the Roamio, the setting on wishlists is something like "Record only in HD (yes/no)?", and if you select 'no', it will prefer HD recordings over SD. There does not appear to be a way to prefer or limit to SD only, but that doesn't matter to me.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #8
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightfly42 View Post
That doesn't help me, Bwatford. I get the New York channels in HD and SD, and the New England channels in SD only. There are times that the broadcast is only in SD, and other times when it is in both, which is why I want 'HD preferred' as an option.
I'm pretty sure even the latest Premiere software prefers HD over SD for auto record wishlists. At least I thought they made that change several releases ago.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #9
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
I'm pretty sure even the latest Premiere software prefers HD over SD for auto record wishlists. At least I thought they made that change several releases ago.
Yes. I think what changed is they give preference to higher number channels now instead of lower number, which usually corresponds to the HD version except for some quirky providers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
thenightfly42
Seņor Senior, Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
As I said, I was moving up from a TiVo HD/XL, so I didn't know what interface changes had been made subsequent to that. Thanks for letting me know.