TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #31
ShayL

I think it is under complete control by your cable company. You might want to try TiVo support to see if they can help.
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #32
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNJ View Post
So is there a way to force an update? I am on Cablevision and have what looks like a new cisco pkm803 card with a 8/20/2012 date on the sticker. However the firmware shows as: pkey1.5.2_f.p.1401 and a build date of april 20 2009. Phone support at Cablevision said he didn't know what the current version should be and couldn't push an update.
No you cannot force an update to the CC Firmware, it must be pushed out by the Cable Co.

Wilt Hildenbrand
Sr. Advisor at Cablevision Systems Corp

Posted the following in this thread:
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/cab.../message/76757
Quote:
Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:38 pm
We're working with TiVo to resolve this.
Yup. Should be soon.
We're in the process of testing and qualifying the latest code.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 08-27-2013 at 11:41 PM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:25 AM   #33
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Cox Arizona Firmware Update

Cox Arizona updated the Cisco CC Firmware this morning.

The new build is OS Version PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1301 - Build Apr 4 2014

Old 07-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #34
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Cox Arizona updated the Cisco CC Firmware this morning.

The new build is OS Version PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1301 - Build Apr 4 2014
My Charter still has this: 1.5.3.0601. Seems trouble free.

When the roll out a new firmware is it for their own DVRs as well as for TiVos, etc?
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #35
dlfl
Cranky old novice

My TWC, Southwest Ohio, still has 1.5.3_F.p.1101
My Tivo has never been "trouble free" but I suspect the CC is not the problem.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #36
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

"PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1301" cablecard firmware update - losing ALL channels on all Roamios

I'm now on my third instance of losing ALL channels (no picture or sound), without ANY error message, and the only cure is rebooting all the Roamios (They all go down at the same time). Nothing exactly like this ever happened before the "PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1301" cablecard firmware update!

I tried multiple ways of trying to resolve it.

Disconnect & Reconnect:
USB to TA
Power to TA
Coax to TA
Coax to TiVo

HDUI reboot
Full TiVo reboot from menu - ONLY way to resolve it.

So, it has to be internal to the TiVo, or the cablecard within it (or some interaction between the two), right?

I don't find it to be coincidence that something this extreme starts after the firmware update, especially since this was the same state they were in after the update completed, until I rebooted them...

Others were right! Things could be worse, like missed recordings, without an error code, or self-resolving, or any certainty of what exactly is going wrong/going on, and why. My comments about the pre/post update 3 second skips ahead are trivial, in comparison to this.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:44 AM   #37
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1301

I haven't seen any issues since I got updated to PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1301.

Will rebooting just the Tuning Adapter fix your issue?

I had a strange TA hiccup the other day, all 3 of my TAs went offline at the same time, around 4:45am. I was hoping that Cox was updating the TA firmware. They did not.

But when the TAs came back online, about 20 minutes later, I did not have any channels, and just a reboot of the TAs fixed the issue.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:23 AM   #38
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
I haven't seen any issues since I got updated to PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1301.

Will rebooting just the Tuning Adapter fix your issue?

I had a strange TA hiccup the other day, all 3 of my TAs went offline at the same time, around 4:45am. I was hoping that Cox was updating the TA firmware. They did not.

But when the TAs came back online, about 20 minutes later, I did not have any channels, and just a reboot of the TAs fixed the issue.
Power cycling the TAs is in my posted list of what I tried. So, no, it didn't help.

I left one Roamio & TA alone for 3 hours to see if the issue would auto-resolve. It did not. The TAs never missed a beat, blinked, or indicated any fault condition. I'm convinced this is a side-effect of the cablecard firmware, given how closely I pay attention to what's going on (and what's not), when things happen, especially after something like a firmware update.

Perhaps you misread my post. The only thing I wasn't able to do in time was to get into the TiVo logs before the data was gone. I was too busy analyzing every other detail, and trying all the things I listed...

FWIW, the condition resolves by rebooting the Roamios, and doing nothing else, but that. All three go down at the same time, when this new condition happens. Since it's happened 3x more since the update put them in an identical state, which was also resolved the same way, I've had opportunity to try all the different things I listed in my post, every which way. I don't think the TAs have anything to do with it, at all (which is usually not what I think, and usually would go straight to cycling the TA USB and/or power connections, before the cablecard update). Even before the update, my problems were usually momentary glitches, and not a "biggie" like this condition is.

Man I am in a bad mood... Sorry if I'm being harsh. I just keep looking at my post, and thinking "how isn't this clear?". I'm probably just grumpy, because every change Cox makes, tends to invoke 3 months worth of weirdness with things like this happening (but never exactly this, that I can recall).

Last edited by nooneuknow : 08-11-2014 at 03:29 AM. Reason: typo
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #39
sjam613

I have 5 tuners working but the 6th one is not through Charter in CT. Of course the tech here today blamed Tivo.

My version is 1.5.2 2401 so I am assuming that is my tuning issue. Do I hope at some point the force out a new firmware upgrade?

***Edit - I see that is the problem now. With them going all digital in a week, I may just authorize 5 tuners to work and hope the firmware is updated shortly.

Last edited by sjam613 : 09-08-2014 at 08:51 PM.
sjam613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:45 AM   #40
JWhites

Comcast is working on getting the 1.5.3.1201 update out to as many customers as possible starting this month.
JWhites is online now   Reply With Quote