TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-27-2014, 10:11 AM   #271
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
Original episode of CSI scheduled for tonight will not air.
It should air next week at its regularly scheduled time, barring any more long football games.
Except DVRs probably thought they did record it, and will treat is as a re-run, right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddyj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #272
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
Except DVRs probably thought they did record it, and will treat is as a re-run, right?
It seems like the guide data usually gets fixed. I am just glad that my TiVo did still think it recorded CSI so that I had the second half of The Good Wife in there.

The last time when this happened on the premiere night for Madam Secretary and The Good Wife, the episode of CSI was already supposed to be a re-run so it didn't record for me at all because I only record first-run. I didn't realize until I was already 15 minutes into watching The Good Wife and had to switch over to Xfinity... which made me watch the first 15 min all over again because they won't let you FF.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #273
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
It seems like the guide data usually gets fixed.
Sure, so they will fix the guide to say that next week is episode XYZ again. But the DVR thinks it already recorded XYZ yesterday, and won't record is again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddyj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #274
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
Sure, so they will fix the guide to say that next week is episode XYZ again. But the DVR thinks it already recorded XYZ yesterday, and won't record is again.
I don't know... I am pretty sure that I have seen it get fixed even though it recorded it incorrectly within 30 days.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #275
lpwcomp

Quote:
It seems like the guide data usually gets fixed. I am just glad that my TiVo did still think it recorded CSI so that I had the second half of The Good Wife in there.

The last time when this happened on the premiere night for Madam Secretary and The Good Wife, the episode of CSI was already supposed to be a re-run so it didn't record for me at all because I only record first-run. I didn't realize until I was already 15 minutes into watching The Good Wife and had to switch over to Xfinity... which made me watch the first 15 min all over again because they won't let you FF.
That's why you need to pad when things run over, the raison d'ętre of this thread. Personally, I have all of the CBS and FOX Sunday night shows that I watch padded by an hour.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #276
lpwcomp

Quote:
I don't know... I am pretty sure that I have seen it get fixed even though it recorded it incorrectly within 30 days.
Very rare. It requires that Tribune assign a new programId.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #277
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
That's why you need to pad when things run over, the raison d'ętre of this thread. Personally, I have all of the CBS and FOX Sunday night shows that I watch padded by an hour.
I do pad... CSI by an hour. It's a holdover from when I did not have disk space to pad everything on the schedule by an hour, because I don't always watch things right away, so I could not afford to have multiple 2 hour episodes piling up.

The issue on the premiere week was just that CSI was already scheduled to be a repeat for some reason even though the other 2 were new. It's not often that there are mixed new/repeat episodes, it's usually all or nothing.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:46 AM   #278
lpwcomp

Quote:
The issue on the premiere week was just that CSI was already scheduled to be a repeat for some reason even though the other 2 were new. It's not often that there are mixed new/repeat episodes, it's usually all or nothing.
You must live in a different reality than I do. It happens all of the time here. Plus IIRC, CSI wasn't scheduled at all the week that "Madam Secretary" premiered. Instead, it was a re-run of the premiere of ""Madam Secretary". Yes, they ran (or at least scheduled) the episode twice that night.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #279
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

Quote:
Doesn't help when CBS drops an episode entirely. If TiVo thinks it recorded that episode of CSI last week (because it was in the guide but didn't air) it won't record it if it does air in the next 30 days.
pdhenry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #280
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
Doesn't help when CBS drops an episode entirely. If TiVo thinks it recorded that episode of CSI last week (because it was in the guide but didn't air) it won't record it if it does air in the next 30 days.
I know that. Different issue.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #281
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
You must live in a different reality than I do. It happens all of the time here.
I guess so... I have been scheduling my Sundays on CBS like this for like 10 years. It has not really been an issue too often where I have to go back and manually pad something. Technically, now that we have a Roamio with a 3 TB drive, I could pad all 3 of the shows and probably be ok, I just haven't made that switch yet since padding the last one of the night has been mostly fine for so long.

Quote:
Plus IIRC, CSI wasn't scheduled at all the week that "Madam Secretary" premiered. Instead, it was a re-run of the premiere of ""Madam Secretary". Yes, they ran (or at least scheduled) the episode twice that night.
Oops, yes, you're right... I misremembered.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #282
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

i'm usually home, or at least near a browser, on sunday night, so i can adjust my padding of cbs sunday night shows if needed.

what threw me for a loop last night is our local affiliate bumped a show ahead by 30min last night following the local news, after i had already padded the ending...can't seem to win with cbs on sunday.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #283
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
what threw me for a loop last night is our local affiliate bumped a show ahead by 30min last night following the local news, after i had already padded the ending...can't seem to win with cbs on sunday.
They did the same here. The week before, they didn't delay it, they simply "joined in progress" with no notice.