Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #61
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
it isn't, but applying the rules unevenly based on the player's motives is, if you believe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice
As far as I can tell from reading fan sites production had Caleb choose before hand whether he would play or not. When Frankie started doing well Caleb wanted to enter the game, but production wouldn't let him. A nice little trick to give Ariana Grande's brother a fighting chance.

No reason given why Zach and Donny were able to switch between one and two players with no penalty...
There's nothing uneven about it. Caleb forfeited his right to play.
When Donny stepped aside and allowed Zach to try playing by himself, they were just experimenting and Donny was not refusing to play
Old 08-13-2014, 03:33 PM   #62
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
There was no rule against it, they made it up on the fly.
i have no issues with this, if the rules are clear before play begins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
There's nothing uneven about it. Caleb forfeited his right to play.
When Donny stepped aside and allowed Zach to try playing by himself, they were just experimenting and Donny was not refusing to play
the only difference between caleb sitting and donny stepping aside is the motivation, which shouldn't change the rules. if caleb wanted back in, he should have been allowed back in, or when donny opted out, he should have been forced to stay out.

they were treated differently.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:43 PM   #63
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Has Jeff been doing exit interviews this season? If so, does anyone have a link? Thanks!
Yes, he has been doing them. I don't see a direct way to get to them, so you have to go to http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/video/

Then scroll down and there is a section called "Live Chat Replay" that lists them.

You could also look at the Big Brother facebook page as they've been posting direct links to them as they go up.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #64
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post

the only difference between caleb sitting and donny stepping aside is the motivation, which shouldn't change the rules. if caleb wanted back in, he should have been allowed back in, or when donny opted out, he should have been forced to stay out.

they were treated differently.
If Caleb wanted back in? Caleb couldn't possibly get back in because he was never in to begin with. When he refused to play, he was no more eligible to play than Victoria was at that point. Donny never opted out, his team simply tried a different way to play and Donny remained part of the team. I don't see how you think these things are the same and would be affected by the same rule.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:02 PM   #65
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
If caleb wanted back in? Caleb couldn't possibly get back in because he was never in to begin with.
he was sitting a few feet away, dressed for the comp, on the grass. he never walked off set, or went back into the house.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 08-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #66
Tracy
Truly

Production knew what the competition was and that Frankie could win it alone, and that it might even be easier alone. Why force Caleb to make a choice like that? And how much manipulation was used when he made it? And if he was forced to decide one way or the other, then why when he chose not to play was he still eligible for the prize and the team was still called "Frankie and Caleb"? And why wasn't the decision told to the viewing audience? Production wanted Frankie around.

In the end, it was good television and Frankie is good television, so I'm not really complaining.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #67
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Caleb stated that he intended not to play, and was asked to make a decision before the comp. Donnie and Zach made no such decision. Had either of them done so, I'd expect the same treatment Caleb got.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #68
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe View Post
Caleb stated that he intended not to play, and was asked to make a decision before the comp. Donnie and Zach made no such decision. Had either of them done so, I'd expect the same treatment Caleb got.
it's not the first time caleb's mouth has gotten him into trouble - he should have kept quiet, no matter his plans. it's been commented daniele donato's stealth whispering was purposefully to keep production from knowing her real plans, so they couldn't run interference.

i wondered if caleb was trying to send a greater message by sitting down, but i'm not convinced he thinks through his game play that thoroughly.

production will justify what they do, and i'm not that upset with the results. to me, the nominations are what created the problems, and it ended up nicole made wrong choices, while christine's worked out.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #69
realityboy

At the least, they should have informed Caleb when he sat out that he would not be able to return. Obviously this didn't happen since he tried to return and then they made a ruling.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:11 PM   #70
hefe
Rebus Philbin

If I was asked to make a decision before the comp weather I was electing to play or sit, I'd know that my decision was binding and irreversible, otherwise what's the point?

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #71
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

i wonder what would have happened if he played the first ball, then sat down?

if players were asked up front, i'm convinced it was because production was trying to run interference on caleb's plans to sit, and forcing him to opt out (like jocasta opting out of the pov comp). why ask otherwise? if they were healthy, you'd expect the noms to want to play, or play poorly to throw it - either makes good tv.

if he had picked up on the reason they asked, he could have quickly changed his strategy, answered "yes", then played poorly.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:39 AM   #72
realityboy

They asked because he talked about it repeatedly the day before. He was just going to sit down and not help before he knew the competition. He thought it would make good tv, and it did. By coincidence, it ended up being a comp where sitting out was a dumb idea. I don't know if someone would've been able to sit out other comps. Most required 2 people. The only other one where sitting out might have been advantageous was Knight Moves since there would be more squares without a partner taking any.

I don't think anyone thought far enough ahead to know the decision was irreversible. If they had, he wouldn't have tried to reenter as he could've been told before he even made the attempt.

I'm willing to believe that an attempt was made to keep it fair, but the production pet was extremely lucky so I can see this conspiracy this time more than some of the others.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:06 AM   #73
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
source?
I'm basing it on this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post
As far as I can tell from reading fan sites production had Caleb choose before hand whether he would play or not. When Frankie started doing well Caleb wanted to enter the game, but production wouldn't let him. A nice little trick to give Ariana Grande's brother a fighting chance.

No reason given why Zach and Donny were able to switch between one and two players with no penalty. (Did you know Frankie is Ariana Grande's brother!)
It that's bogus, then this whole discussion is moot. I don't watch AD or the live feeds, so I don't know if that's how it went down. If he sat out on his own volition, then that was his game play and I'm fine with that. If production told him that he had to make a choice and that he couldn't go back in once he realized he screwed up, then I have a problem with it.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #74
gweempose

I wonder if Jeff is allowed to ask the contestants about stuff like this during their eviction interview. I would love to gain some more insight into exactly how it went down with Caleb. I'm assuming the contestants talked about it a lot afterward. Perhaps someone who follows the live feeds explain to us precisely how the events unfolded.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote