TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
PoobBubes

Queuing Transfers Between TiVos

If I want to transfer all my shows from my Premiere to my Roamio, how many transfers can I queue up from the Roamio UI?

I know most people recommend using kmttg for batch transfers, but I'm having a hard time getting the PyTivo Push functionality to work properly.
PoobBubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
generaltso

I don't think there's a limit on how many, but you have to add them to the queue one at a time, which can be tedious. I really wish there was a way to select an entire folder to transfer. I have no doubt that functionality would get used a whole lot more than selecting and entire folder to play.
generaltso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
sfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
I don't think there's a limit on how many, but you have to add them to the queue one at a time, which can be tedious. I really wish there was a way to select an entire folder to transfer. I have no doubt that functionality would get used a whole lot more than selecting and entire folder to play.
I recently moved 200+ shows from the XL4 to the new Roamio (tedious to say the least)... I noticed the "Play all" option as well when you navigate to a folder on the networked Tivo and was thinking it would sure be nice if they had added a "Transfer all" option right below it (for groups whose shows are transferable). Oh well.
sfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
generaltso

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfm View Post
it would sure be nice if they had added a "Transfer all" option right below it (for groups whose shows are transferable). Oh well.
Yeah, I've submitted that as a feature request several times over the years. It seems like the Play All option is very rarely used by anyone. A Transfer All option would get used all the time.
generaltso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
Rkkeller

I only transferred a couple handfuls of important shows and those I don't see on a lot. A bunch I can get later when they are repeated over and over and over.

Keep in mind these can take hours and hours to transfer.
Rkkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkkeller View Post
Keep in mind these can take hours and hours to transfer.
My transfers from my Elite to my Roamio were pretty fast. I queued up about 60 hour long shows last night before I went to bed and when I got up, 7 hours later, they were done. Both TiVos are connected via Ethernet to a Gigabit switch.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote