TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #31
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I wonder in your own job do you get more money than the TiVo CSRs, I will make a guess and say yes, when a TiVo CSR knows enough to really help they also get another higher paying job.
I suppose you have a point, I just hate working through a freaking script every time I call support and if my set up doesn't match their script they get confused.
180hr S2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stormspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #32
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0gpil0t View Post
You are correct that is why I don't qualify.

Surprisingly I wasn't and still are not looking for sympathy. I made my post because I was genuinely surprised TiVo didn't cut a break for existing customers. I'm in the tech s/w business and it's just standard we look after existing customers because we know the acquisition costs of getting a new customer are a lot higher than keeping an existing customer - sales, marketing and initial tech support.

I've now knowthe policy about the oldest or most expensive device still checking in. I guess this is either to stop the resell of old devices or to give the concept of lifetime having a finite term.

If you read my posts you noticed I don't want this for free - my proposal is they offered to transfer lifetime for $100 less than they normally sell it for. That way you pay a reasonable amount for on-going service and your old device does not go to ebay where potentially TiVo loses a future customer. Seems good for everyone I get new h/w and they get to keep me with a reasonable return.

Every time you put a bump in the road or make it slightly hard increases the chance the customer will look elsewhere. I might not find anything else but now I'm looking I wasn't before.

What I've found interesting owning a TiVo they have never really tried to sell me services or an upgrade after the initial sale. In someways it's nice but it's perfectly normal for companies to try extract maximum dollars from you.

For all those who say TiVo is a company and companies don't care..then please check their financials - perhaps they should care and they might have better results. Sad to see the company that invented the DVR market struggle so much.
If you'd kept that S2 running, it would have qualified you for $100 off of the price of lifetime on an other unit.

Sorry, the idea of someone dumpstering a lifetimed unit just bothers me big time.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #33
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I wonder in your own job do you get more money than the TiVo CSRs, I will make a guess and say yes, when a TiVo CSR knows enough to really help they also get another higher paying job.
It's the Peter Principle, you get promoted up to your level of incompetence.

So I'm guessing that the CSR's were really good at whatever they were doing before that.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #34
WO312

I have to agree with the OP. I think most of you guys are missing the point. You are stuck on pointing out Tivo's existing policy.

Face it - he bought an S2 and paid full lifetime. He bought an S3 and paid for lifetime - $100.

Why would it be so hard for Tivo to amend their policies to say that if you currently own a machine with lifetime, regardless of how much you paid for it, you can get lifetime on a new machine for $100 off??? They get a sale and keep a customer happy. Instead, at least in this case, they are getting nothing. It's all about keeping customers. And in any case, your first purchase would be at full price.

Tivo obviously thinks they are better off with their existing policy, and that it is bringing in more revenue. It wouldn't surprise me that they are losing more revenue opportunities than they realize.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #35
BigJimOutlaw

Quote:
If you read my posts you noticed I don't want this for free - my proposal is they offered to transfer lifetime for $100 less than they normally sell it for.
Throwing it out there again, coupon code PLSR to get $100 off Lifetime when activating was still working as of a few days ago.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #36
mattack

Quote:
Can you explain how that works please ?
Someone that already has a lifetime Tivo buys another lifetime Tivo.. then you buy it for them (or heck, they could GIVE it to you), and you move it onto your account.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #37
mr.unnatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedaman View Post
You are wrong sir!

Comcast support is pathetic and Tivo support is better than that.
I stand corrected. I haven't had to deal with Comcast in ages so I forgot just how bad they were.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote