TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #121
BradfordD

Well then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmatic View Post
It's been hard, but I am persevering.

It's just that it's a simple question, with a simple answer. It seems like no one is happy with the simple answer so they then ask, Well, what if this, or that.

No what ifs, it's not happening, it's not possible.
Okay... I don't have the Roamio - just the Premier XL4 Elite and a mini for the bedroom... If I do get a 65" 4K LED TV (drooling over the XBR-65x900B), should I just connect it to another TiVo Mini and not blow additional money on a Roamio upgrade??
BradfordD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:14 PM   #122
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordD View Post
Okay... I don't have the Roamio - just the Premier XL4 Elite and a mini for the bedroom... If I do get a 65" 4K LED TV
(It is an LCD TV, not LED)

Quote:
(drooling over the XBR-65x900B), should I just connect it to another TiVo Mini and not blow additional money on a Roamio upgrade??
It depends on what you want to do. If you are talking about picture quality, it probably won't matter if it is a mini or Premier or Roamio. The big with the the Roamio is speed. In which case, upgrade the Premiere to a Roamio and use the Premier as a "mini" somewhere else. To me, the speed is worth the upgrade. (It is also actually meaningful, unlike 2K vs 4k)
Old 08-29-2014, 10:29 PM   #123
tomhorsley

Actually, with the last update that got rid of flash, my old Premiere is much faster now, so the speed difference between the Roamio and Premiere is no longer as great.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:40 PM   #124
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
Actually, with the last update that got rid of flash, my old Premiere is much faster now, so the speed difference between the Roamio and Premiere is no longer as great.
Hmm, that is interesting. I didn't know that the Premiere gained a lot of speed recently. I banished my Premiere to the spare bedroom and haven't used it in several months (I used it on and off for the several months after the Roamio). I might have to mess with it to see what difference there is now.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #125
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Hmm, that is interesting. I didn't know that the Premiere gained a lot of speed recently. I banished my Premiere to the spare bedroom and haven't used it in several months (I used it on and off for the several months after the Roamio). I might have to mess with it to see what difference there is now.
I agree with Tom, it isn't Roamio fast - but it is significantly improved.
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote