TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #31
justen_m
Registered User
 
justen_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 6,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
Oh please. You are trying VERY hard to find some way to disagree with me. Fine. You disagree with me. I think you are wrong. You haven't given one shred of evidence for your position, while I've given you scenes from the show that support mine.

But you just WANT to disagree with me. So fine. You disagree. But your argument is far weaker than mine. So get over yourself.
I am Cartman! Bow to me you bald tall big eared dude from an island not of this place!!!
[edit] You are gay too!
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #32
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
But you just WANT to disagree with me. So fine. You disagree. But your argument is far weaker than mine. So get over yourself.
You're joking, right? You just forgot the smiley?

Your post was hilarious.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #33
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
...But given that you have no purpose here other than to be annoying, contributing nothing to the discussion, welcome to ignore.
I'm a proud, card-carrying member of that club....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #34
billypritchard
Embiggener
 
billypritchard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,334
Back to the episode, I enjoyed this one a lot. Really liked the fight between Mr. Miyagi and Deathstroke.

I would assume the island population is NOT connected to the Star City bad guy syndicate, otherwise they would know about Ollie, correct?
__________________
Do Me! Do Me! - MNoelH
I agree with BP - Finnstang
billypritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #35
billypritchard
Embiggener
 
billypritchard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,334
My two year old is named Ollie so I get a kick out of everytime Laurel calls him that.
__________________
Do Me! Do Me! - MNoelH
I agree with BP - Finnstang
billypritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #36
billypritchard
Embiggener
 
billypritchard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,334
The argument about his name being used seems silly. Since he himself hasn't decided on a name, how would the rest of the world suddenly call him that? Vigilante and Hood seem pretty accurate to how normals would see him.

Was the lie about the prison specifically to give Laurel a heads up?
__________________
Do Me! Do Me! - MNoelH
I agree with BP - Finnstang
billypritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #37
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Was the lie about the prison specifically to give Laurel a heads up?
A heads up about what? That he can beat a lie detector? I guess it was too ambiguous for that, since he could have simply forgotten about the childhood prison trip.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #38
billypritchard
Embiggener
 
billypritchard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,334
Well, I would say that consciously he wants to keep his secret, but unconsciously he would like Laurel to know.
__________________
Do Me! Do Me! - MNoelH
I agree with BP - Finnstang

Last edited by billypritchard : 11-12-2012 at 02:05 PM.
billypritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #39
getreal
postcrastinator
 
getreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Well, I would say that conciously he wants to keep his secret, but unconciously he would like Laurel to know.
LOL! While he sleeps? You might want to use a different prefix there.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #40
Hoffer
Captain Chaos
 
Hoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 31,980
Watched the 2 most recent episodes last night. Really enjoying this show.
__________________
Xbox/PSN/Wii U IDs: Hoffer
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #41
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lexington, MA
Posts: 3,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Back on topic, I get distracted by the idea that the ex-girlfriend cannot recognize Ollie's chiselled facial features and scruffy beard beneath the hood. Also, that the Arrow speaks in a slightly lower register seals the concealment of his identity.
I'm catching up on these.

The first time Oliver (as the vigilante) talked to Lauren I thought he activated some kind of device that altered his speaking voice. He clicked a button then his voice sounded different.
__________________
"Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional!" -- Mad Scientist
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |