TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Big Brother 7/27/2014

Another kind of meh episode. I liked Zach for awhile, but he's really getting annoying. I was thrilled that Christina said no for his plan to go up on the block and throw the DoD competition. It's about time someone was smart about that. If I'm playing there is NO way I'm A) voluntarily going on the block and B) throwing a competition. She's right, too many pawns over the years have gone home.

Caleb's date with Amber was kind of funny. And I don't think he's gotten the hint YET she's not interested.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Another kind of meh episode. I liked Zach for awhile, but he's really getting annoying. I was thrilled that Christina said no for his plan to go up on the block and throw the DoD competition. It's about time someone was smart about that. If I'm playing there is NO way I'm A) voluntarily going on the block and B) throwing a competition. She's right, too many pawns over the years have gone home.

Caleb's date with Amber was kind of funny. And I don't think he's gotten the hint YET she's not interested.
I agree with Christine about saying no. But she could've tried to frame her response differently so that she didn't come out as a bad team player. She could've asked "why not Derrik or Cody?" Hopefully this made her realize that she's the low guy in the totem pole.

Zach wants to be like a Dr. Will, but he just can't pull it off. He's being an idiot.

Caleb's date with Amber was sad. Amber said in the DR that she didn't think that Caleb knows that she doesn't like him, really? You haven't outright told him so, you kind of lead him on, *and* he's an idiot. So of course he hasn't realized it.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #3
ducker

I thought last night's episode was amusing.

fruitloopdingus!!

heh
Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
I agree with Christine about saying no. But she could've tried to frame her response differently so that she didn't come out as a bad team player. She could've asked "why not Derrik or Cody?" Hopefully this made her realize that she's the low guy in the totem pole.
Zach was wondering what value Christine gave to the alliance, but SHE was the one that told him that Amber was going after him. That's more than others have done for him. No way would I throw a competition for my safety either.

Quote:
Caleb's date with Amber was sad. Amber said in the DR that she didn't think that Caleb knows that she doesn't like him, really? You haven't outright told him so, you kind of lead him on, *and* he's an idiot. So of course he hasn't realized it.
In real life it would be really cruel to lead him on like this, but in the BB house I can see it. You really don't want to give somebody a reason to vote you out. She can't just dump him and tell him she has no interest whatsoever because he could just snap and go right after trying to get her out. So it seems she is trying to walk that line of letting him know she's not interested without getting him mad at her. She's in a tough position for sure.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #5
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I don't think she's really leading him on. I don't think she really ever led him on. He found her attractive and latched on to her (in his mind he probably felt she felt the same way about him). I don't think she thought he'd take her serious on the eat the pickle comment, I think she threw it out there as a joke. He took it seriously. Like dancndude says it's the BB house you don't want to give someone a reason to go after you.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
christine answered so quickly and abruptly, there's no doubt she has zero commitment to the alliance, and i'm sure the guys picked up on it. you're right, she could have handled the refusal with a little more grace - stupid play for a "super fan".

good job "volunteering" yourself to be on the block again next week, christine!

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:

Zach wants to be like a Dr. Will, but he just can't pull it off. He's being an idiot.

Dr. Will or Dan or even Mike Boogie knew what they were doing, and were very methodical in their plans. Zach never gives me that impression. He seems to be all over the place. And he takes getting rejected personally, which is going to hurt your game in the long run. I really don't think he understands how to play.

Amber is FOR SURE leading him on, because it's good for her game. If she winds up on the block, does Caleb side with her or the team? If she goes, she miscalculated, if she stays, it's a major game play and probably breaks up the alliance. The longer she strings Caleb along the more chance she has where he'll save her.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #8
verdugan

Quote:
Dr. Will or Dan or even Mike Boogie knew what they were doing, and were very methodical in their plans. Zach never gives me that impression. He seems to be all over the place. And he takes getting rejected personally, which is going to hurt your game in the long run. I really don't think he understands how to play.

Amber is FOR SURE leading him on, because it's good for her game. If she winds up on the block, does Caleb side with her or the team? If she goes, she miscalculated, if she stays, it's a major game play and probably breaks up the alliance. The longer she strings Caleb along the more chance she has where he'll save her.
Agreed that Will and Dan had a plan. Everything they did was with the end goal in mind of winning. It seems to me that everything Zach does is with the aim of getting screen time.

Amber is not so much "leading on" Caleb as much as she's playing him. I think she knows exactly what she's doing.

I like how DancnDude put it. In the real world, it'd be cruel, but this is BB.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #9
stellie93

My station went to storm coverage at about 30 min and then I saw about 2 minutes at the end. So Frankie is Hoh and Victoria and Jo are his nominees? Who did Zach nominate?
stellie93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #10
Ment

Nicole/Christine along with a mean speech about how Christine is the ultimate floater and Nicole is a froot-loop dingus.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:59 PM   #11
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Nicole's reaction was really interesting as well. She didn't know whether to laugh or cry and she kinda ended up doing both simultaneously.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #12
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Based on what was aired, Amber didn't offer to go on a date with Caleb if he ate a pickle. If she had any brains at all she'd know that and she wouldn't have wasted her time with him on that date. She said "What if I said, Caleb, I'll go out on a date with you if you eat a pickle?" That's a question, not a challenge and not an offer.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #13
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

And it looked like he only ate a quarter of a pickle
Old 07-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #14
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

i would have never suspected caleb was a pickle eater.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 07-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #15
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
What the HELL is with Zack attack? What a fruit loop dingus! I can't believe how mean he's trying to be. WTH??? All he's doing is putting a big fat Target on his back.

This season is SOOOOO BAAAAAD it's good. I can't think of another season where the Players who actually PLAY were so horrible or with so many Players who don't play at all. Crazy.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #16
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Nicole/Christine along with a mean speech about how Christine is the ultimate floater and Nicole is a froot-loop dingus.
Thanks. I was wondering what a froot-loop dingus was. So the floaters won the BoB and put Zach in danger instead. Not that anyone will be smart enough to put him or Caleb up. The girls had better wake up pretty soon.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:47 PM   #17
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
The girls had better wake up pretty soon.
too late...we started with 8 ladies and 8 guys, now we're down to 5 ladies and 7 guys - if the girls had only listened to joey.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #18
stellie93

You can always pick off a guy or 2 from the bottom of the alliance. It's just a case of convincing them that that's where they are.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #19
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

wil did a drunk take for this weeks bb16saga:

click here to watch the video
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Old 07-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #20
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
wil did a drunk take for this weeks bb16saga:

click here to watch the video
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
That was pretty good. I can't imagine how bad his hangover was.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #21
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
too late...we started with 8 ladies and 8 guys, now we're down to 5 ladies and 7 guys - if the girls had only listened to joey.
Except two of the guys are aligned closer to the girls than with the main guy alliance, Donny and Hayden. If the girls could bring those two in, they could kill the main guy alliance. To me Christine is the natural to do this since she's in the guy alliance and a bit on the outs now. It would be a major play and would take her from the bottom of one alliance to the top of the other.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #22
gweempose

Quote:

Except two of the guys are aligned closer to the girls than with the main guy alliance, Donny and Hayden. If the girls could bring those two in, they could kill the main guy alliance. To me Christine is the natural to do this since she's in the guy alliance and a bit on the outs now. It would be a major play and would take her from the bottom of one alliance to the top of the other.
We desperately need something like this to happen, or this season will continue to be boring and predictable. It's time for people to step up and actually start playing.

And Zach may very well be the worst player I have ever seen. This is the second time he has put someone on his alliance up on the block that presented no immediate threat to him whatsoever. He deserves to get backdoored this week, but Frankie is too smart to do this. There would be no strategic advantage to backdooring your closest ally at this point in the game.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #23
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
I'd love nothing more than to see them step up and do something like that too. They are like lambs to the slaughter as it is. I'm hoping Donny has enough sense, but I'm not sure he'll want to rock the boat that much...

Then again, this is Big Brother and anything can happen. We just need someone in the main alliance to do something wrong and for someone in the minority alliance to do something right.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #24
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Except two of the guys are aligned closer to the girls than with the main guy alliance, Donny and Hayden. If the girls could bring those two in, they could kill the main guy alliance.
but wouldn't donny and hayden just end up using the girls to help them pick off the stronger guys, and then eventually the rest of the girls, too? donny has been doing well in comps, and hayden is physically strong - sounds like going from the frying pan into the fire.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #25
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
but wouldn't donny and hayden just end up using the girls to help them pick off the stronger guys, and then eventually the rest of the girls, too? donny has been doing well in comps, and hayden is physically strong - sounds like going from the frying pan into the fire.
Perhaps. It's a means to an end. At some point the girls will have numbers over Donny and Heyden and can knock them off if they do it right. What choice do the girls have now? They stay the way they are, they'll get knocked off by the guys.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #26
Cainebj

yeah that secondary contingent really need to step up and do something. like win HoH for starters.

seems like every time someone voices it they end up being the target - that first girl with the different colored hair and now Amber.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote