TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
laria
Librocubicularist

The Amazing Race - "Like James Bond Again" - 3/3/12

I am having a hard time getting into these teams this season. No one is really that exciting, although I do know that the Youtube hosts annoy me greatly, to steal Special Agent Shepherd's line.

I think something was lost in translation with the dad there... I believe that he maybe had a small tear in the muscle and tendon, but I still don't believe that if it was fully torn/ruptured that he would have been limping around the beach like he'd just twisted his ankle or something. I've seen people in other sports after they tear their Achilles... their foot is usually not working like it should. They can't flex/point/move it at all.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Ment

Dad and son need to go. Got gifted the 1st place and a vacation.

Hilarious the guy had such a hard time on the timed course. He was so aggressive he kept fish-tailing and spinning out.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
laria
Librocubicularist

Yeah, the people that did the best were the girls who said shifting was hard so they just left it in first the whole time.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
robojerk

I hated the stupid cliff hanger "Will the father/son team continue on the next leg?"
Why wouldn't they at least try. It looks to me dad will get a few hours to rest at the airport/flight. The worst thing that could happen is that they lose the next leg of the race (I doubt he would lose his actual leg).
Old 03-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I hated the stupid cliff hanger "Will the father/son team continue on the next leg?"
Why wouldn't they at least try. It looks to me dad will get a few hours to rest at the airport/flight. The worst thing that could happen is that they lose the next leg of the race (I doubt he would lose his actual leg).
Yeah, they would be stupid to quit unless the leg was really bothering him or if injuring it further could severely injure the leg.

I say give it your best shot, enjoy the locations and milk it for whatever you can.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

I'm still afraid that with the "to be continued" .. the last team will be allowed to continue with a speed bump, the father / son team will drop out, and the doctors will be brought back to replace them !!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
I'm still afraid that with the "to be continued" .. the last team will be allowed to continue with a speed bump, the father / son team will drop out, and the doctors will be brought back to replace them !!!!
Actually in these situations, the last place team continues and there isn't an elimination until the next pit stop.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #8
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
As soon as we heard Phil say "You are the 1st team to arrive." we knew it was a 'you are still racing' situation. I don't remember them giving a prize for those before. Maybe they were just being nice?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
The Youtube guy annoys me, but I've come to realize that that's just him. He's not putting on for TAR: he's flaming 24/7. Lessens the annoyance for me.

I like the hockey players. If they don't self-destruct/argue, I think they can go far.

I'm ready for dad (misty-eyed, again!)/son and fishtail guy+girl to be gone. Inter-couple drama is OK, intra-couple drama is annoying!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I'm confused about the Express Pass. In the past, it has meant you could "skip all tasks and go directly to the pit stop." But here they used it and just got the same clue everyone else got when they finished that task.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #11
Ment

I thought it was only for that task. Many times that was the last task before pitstop, perhaps thats why the confusion.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I'm confused about the Express Pass. In the past, it has meant you could "skip all tasks and go directly to the pit stop." But here they used it and just got the same clue everyone else got when they finished that task.
"Fast Forward" allows you to skip all tasks.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #13
tonestert

The scenery has been awesome so far. Bora-Bora and New Zealand are incredible places. I wish they'd do the whole season in scenic places like these.
tonestert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #14
laria
Librocubicularist

Yes, no India please.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #15
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Oh yeah, that's right. I had forgotten there was a difference. Now that I am reminded that the Express Pass just gets you through a single challenge, I don't see what the big deal was in giving them out at the beginning and all the politicking to get John and Jessica to give the second one. It's a nice thing to have, but not really worth that much.

Also, David and Connor were stupid to use it on such a relatively easy task. There will undoubtedly be things coming up that the father simply won't be able to do, and they should have saved it for that. But to use it on a fishing task where there was literally no physical activity required? That seems pretty dumb.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #16
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
But to use it on a fishing task where there was literally no physical activity required? That seems pretty dumb.
Yeah, that was a waste. "We don't even know if there are any fish in here" Come on dude, do you really think they are going to have you fish in a non-stocked pond for a race task?
Old 03-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I think they were mostly just trying to use it while they were in 1st so they could win a 1st-place prize in at least one leg before getting eliminated due to his leg causing him to be too slow. They wanted to use it to try to win something instead of just trying to stay in the game I guess.

Although I do agree that they wouldn't have been eliminated and likely could make it through a few weeks without being eliminated if they didn't make any dumb mistakes.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #18
robojerk

Quote:
But to use it on a fishing task where there was literally no physical activity required? That seems pretty dumb.
Are you joking!?!?!?

That task was very dangerous, hence why the dad kept the helmet on. Also the son could have gotten his finger hooked when he was trying to undo the snag when he got the line all caught up in the plants... They were lucky to escape with their lives!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Yes, no India please.
Yes, please no more India ever!
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #20
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

I was actively rooting against Max & Kate but now we find out that she is a pharmacist-a recent Pharm D grad-SIGH-now I have to root for her-and she kicked A$$ at the driving task!
I LOLed when team mullet said they were going fishing-of course! And I love the banjo music they play whenever they show them....hee-larious!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #21
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I was actively rooting against Max & Kate but now we find out that she is a pharmacist-a recent Pharm D grad-SIGH-now I have to root for her-and she kicked A$$ at the driving task!
I LOLed when team mullet said they were going fishing-of course! And I love the banjo music they play whenever they show them....hee-larious!
No ,please don't. I can't stand her. She is just not a nice person. That's all I'm going to say.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #22
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
No ,please don't. I can't stand her. She is just not a nice person. That's all I'm going to say.
LOL! Do you know her personally? She seems nicer than her husband, anyway....
Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #23
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
LOL! Do you know her personally? She seems nicer than her husband, anyway....
They are well matched.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #24
mattack

Quote:
Good, I knew I must've had it wrong, and I forgot to go to wikipedia before reading this thread.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #25
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I think they were mostly just trying to use it while they were in 1st so they could win a 1st-place prize in at least one leg before getting eliminated due to his leg causing him to be too slow. They wanted to use it to try to win something instead of just trying to stay in the game I guess.

Although I do agree that they wouldn't have been eliminated and likely could make it through a few weeks without being eliminated if they didn't make any dumb mistakes.
Exactly. They wanted to get a first (and prize) while they could, since they might/will have to drop out any time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #26
ADent

If any more tasks involve the east asian girls driving somewhere, the lame father and son could survive no problem. Those girls have no sense of direction at all - on land or at sea.
ADent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #27
dirtypacman
Coming and going

This year has been a great start, back to the classic days of AR. Beautiful countries and landscape, tasks that are pretty cool all around but challenging and demanding in their own ways. I really have enjoyed the producers getting the contestants back behind the wheel because I think the driving portion of the game has been a huge let down the last couple years.

I agree with others that the casting is so so. Many more to dislike then to like. I enjoy the hockey players overall the best at this point.

I disliked that they decided to do a continuation episode so early on. Lame all around.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #28
VegasVic
Craps Player

Bora Bora is breathtakingly beautiful. Just too damn expensive for me to fly there.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #29
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I fell asleep during this ep.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote