TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Greg Lovern

Need to get in to Guided Setup blindly

We have a TivoHD. The HD input on our TV has stopped working. Until we can get it working again, I'd like to use the TivoHD on the TV's 480i input.

When I resart the TivoHD, the two startup screens look fine. But when the "Almost there. Just a few minutes more..." screen is done and it goes to the next screen, the video goes bad, which I assume means that the TivoHD has started sending an HD signal.

I tried to get in to Guided Setup by pressing Thumbs Down three times and then Enter. The Tivo appears to respond, but the video stays bad and I don't know what it's saying.

What do I need to do to get the TivoHD to start sending a 480i, standard-definition signal?

Thanks,

Greg
Greg Lovern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
DaveDFW

I sold my Tivo HD long ago, but isn't there a format button right on the front panel? You should be able to press that and have Tivo cycle through its display modes.

If that fails, you could always use either the S-video or composite video outputs on the rear--they can only output SD resolutions.
DaveDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #3

Use the button on the front to cycle through the display modes. It's on the bottom of the display screen.
9300170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Greg Lovern

Thanks, that's what I needed. It's working fine in 480i for now.

Greg
Greg Lovern is offline   Reply With Quote