TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
thalador

Is my premiere dying?

Hi folks. I am wondering if my Tivo is on the way out. Here are the issues I am having

1. When I swap from 1 tuner to the other ( I like to watch 2 shows at once pausing and swapping ) there is a large flicker when doing it on the tv. I never noticed anything like that with my Tivo HD. It also, quite often, will lose sound when I do this and I have to either power my TV or swap a couple more times.

2. The system has begun rebooting itself about once a week. This just happened tonight when I was watching a downloaded video podcast and went into the tivo menu while watching.

3. The system is just dog slow. I am using HD menu's so I contribute some to that, but there are times when bringing up the menu takes 5-10 seconds. This does not seem right to me.

I bought it in February and got an extended service plan on it. So is it just me or is something not right here? Are there any things I could try?

Thanks
thalador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalador View Post
Hi folks. I am wondering if my Tivo is on the way out. Here are the issues I am having

1. When I swap from 1 tuner to the other ( I like to watch 2 shows at once pausing and swapping ) there is a large flicker when doing it on the tv. I never noticed anything like that with my Tivo HD. It also, quite often, will lose sound when I do this and I have to either power my TV or swap a couple more times.

2. The system has begun rebooting itself about once a week. This just happened tonight when I was watching a downloaded video podcast and went into the tivo menu while watching.

3. The system is just dog slow. I am using HD menu's so I contribute some to that, but there are times when bringing up the menu takes 5-10 seconds. This does not seem right to me.

I bought it in February and got an extended service plan on it. So is it just me or is something not right here? Are there any things I could try?

Thanks
Switch from HDMI to component video and analog audio feeds to the TV and see if the problem persists.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

I agree with the previous post. HDMI can do strange things. The flicker is probably just the HDMI changing to a different resolution (I've seen the same thing). I also have one TV where using HDMI causes the audio to disappear until I switch away from and then back to the HDMI input. All of my Tivos are now on either component or composite inputs and I have no problems. I gave up on the HD menu even after the so-called SW fixes.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalador View Post
Maybe your Tivo HD is using a fixed output resolution and the Premiere isn't? Like the previous posters said, the "flicker" sounds like a resolution change (although you shouldn't lose audio). Check under Settings & Messages > Settings > Video > Video Output Formats. I always use a fixed resolution because I hate the flicker/delay when switching resolutions as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote